• SVC5 - July 28, 2011 2:58 p.m.

A price cut isn't doing it for me. I need better games on the system to buy it. If it had a lot of good games I would have paid $250 for it.
  • Shatgan - July 28, 2011 2:58 p.m.

But I already bought some of those VC games! r_r, does that mean I should not buy any virtual console games till those game are free?
  • Crabhand - July 28, 2011 2:56 p.m.

Now that is an interesting price. Very cool, it makes me much more likely to buy one a little later down the line.
  • smallberry - July 28, 2011 2:56 p.m.

All they have to do is get rid of the region lock and I'll buy it tomorrow.
  • reson8er - July 28, 2011 2:53 p.m.

They could drop it to $50 and it would be no more than a curiosity so long as they have shit for games. Nintendo is often pretty steadfast on their pricing (recall how long the Wii was $249.99 with nary a price drop). This move reeks of very uncharctristic desperation, and very Un-Nintendo like. Reminds me of what Sony did in Europe with the failing PSPgo.
  • mattrickhoffman - July 28, 2011 2:52 p.m.

I was prepared to be pissed, but this is actually a pretty sweet deal for all of us early adopters. At least, it is if you haven't already bought a bunch of these games. I'm good with this.
  • db1331 - July 28, 2011 2:52 p.m.

"Sorry you overpaid. Here's some games you probably don't want, or could easily play on an emulator for free." The ball is in Sony's court now. They matched the 3DS' price before. If they announce before August 12th that the NGP will be $169.99 as well, it could be a death blow to the 3DS.
  • rndmnss470 - July 28, 2011 2:52 p.m.

I might actually consider buying one now.
  • reuben0110 - July 28, 2011 2:52 p.m.

Cheaper 3DS and free games, what's not to like?
  • Johnny2900 - July 28, 2011 2:51 p.m.

I'm actualy really happy Nintendo is rewarding those who purchased the 3DS early instead of just saying thanks for paying the 250 and we hope to have your support for a long time. People may be complaining that they were games released a long time ago but to me, that means I don't have to carry my DS lite with me as well as my 3DS for a while longer.
  • Austin_SJ - July 28, 2011 2:51 p.m.

It's a big price drop, but still not enough to make me want the system. It needs more 3DS specific games.