Topics

E3 Nintendo

• Tjwoods18 - May 31, 2012 3:14 p.m.

-_-, I do not think that nintendo's core audience is hardcore enough for batman 1 &2, let alone GTA. On the other hand, it seems evident that they are looking to burnout their customers on mario and zelda games.
  • GarcianSmith - May 31, 2012 3:30 p.m.

You've clearly never played F-Zero GX for the Gamecube. If you want a truly hardcore game, give that a go. Prepare to weep. Also: mature =/= hardcore.
  • shawksta - May 31, 2012 3:31 p.m.

....Yo-.......You cant be serious with that comment..........-_-
  • LordZarlon - May 31, 2012 5:54 p.m.

GarcianSmith is absolutely right! Games don't have to have graphic violence and sex to be hard core.
  • mbavalo - May 31, 2012 3:52 p.m.

True that. The first 2 pages were just Mario and Zelda. But one thing is for sure, if GTA V comes on Wii U, then my opinion will be changed about Nintendo
  • Tjwoods18 - May 31, 2012 4:11 p.m.

I am tired of mario already. They need to push more first party development and not rely on old games.
  • shawksta - May 31, 2012 6:35 p.m.

Mario has dozens of games with DIFFERENT gameplay mechanics, like RPG's and Platforming, its a MAJOR differnce if your tired of seeing HIM or his games. Your acting as if Nintendo did nothing, we got Kid Icarus Uprising, which is revolutionized for the series, a new Pikmin game, and star fox that Retro's possibly making, and then we got the ignored IP's in the past months, you cant sa they ARNT pushing other first party cause they ARE.
  • mbavalo - June 1, 2012 4:50 p.m.

Okay. Tell me why majority of Nintendo game sales were casual games? People already sick of the red and blue plumber? hmm? And d how many Nintendo games actually make it to the game of the year list, leave alone than, how big is Nintendo's game library? Nintendo has been lagging behind, and they need to work if they want to catch up, like you can see, they are already almost 8 years late to enter the HD field. Need I say more? The Wii U might still be awsome, but I do not know why I still will not pt so much hope in it. Improving on current gen? really?
  • shawksta - June 2, 2012 2:55 p.m.

I didnt say they didnt lag, but they are pushing it, and yet you still ignore them when they do. People always ignore the things they do to say the obvious crap
  • mbavalo - June 2, 2012 8:44 p.m.

People will keep on ignoring Nintendo until it finally catches up. You saw what happened to Samsung? Samsung s sucked for a while, but immediately they moved to android, every one started buying them! Same for Nintendo Until I they make a machine I can play M rated games that are graphic intensive and captivating, then and only then will Nintendo gain my respect
  • shawksta - June 3, 2012 1:33 a.m.

So basically, YOUR concern over Nintendo is having M Rated games? Okay, well since 3DS let Revelations in, then its safe to assume Wii U will, and it does they do have Rated M games coming, but ill let you look at its glory on your own when it shows.
  • mbavalo - June 4, 2012 4:24 p.m.

Argh! You get my poit. the E3 rayman and zombies was not bad.. only thing is that it is current gen.. too bad, Nintendop are still lagging...
  • Tjwoods18 - June 1, 2012 8:01 p.m.

I said they needed to push different IP'S and nto rely on the same old ones. Literally all of those that you mentioned have been reiterated constantly.
  • shawksta - June 2, 2012 3:01 p.m.

1/3, and its not even close. Kid Icarus was gone 25 Years and Uprising isnt even close to the originals Gameplay, that is technically a Rebirth of "Push" as you call it. Pikmin only had 2 games, without being tainted and its been 10 years, Star Fox, yes, but they need to get back on track, Star Fox is lacking. I do agree they need to push different IP's, but thats what weve seen them do, the obvious talks is that its nothing but Mario and Zelda, there are the handfuls but people tend to always ignore the other things Nintendo are doing, as i said, they just made 3 and almost 4 IP's on the Eshop alone. They are on a roll, and they have to continue it to make more praising to make them noticed, but people with Ignorance will simply not care to see what theyve been doing.
  • Hobogonigal - June 1, 2012 1:35 a.m.

They do produce new IPs and there are actually some great third party games for Nintendo consoles. The problem is that they don't sell well because everyone buys the Mario and Zelda games. I guess it comes down to advertising and price point. In my opinion, mainly advertising. I think really the argument should be that Nintendo should advertise other games apart from Mario and Zelda rather than make other games, because other great titles do exist.
  • mbavalo - June 1, 2012 4:53 p.m.

Agreed with you too. I rarely even know it when a new game is coming to Nintendo that is not either mario or zelda.. or a pokemon. Now if the Wii U will play GTA V and Assassin's Creed 3, maybe, just maybe Nintendo will get me
  • shawksta - June 2, 2012 3:03 p.m.

Exactly, 2010, they did great advertising DKCR, and Kirby, but they need to continue the trend for their other IP's, Uprising got its fair amount, but they have made so many series that are still overshadowed
  • Cyberninja - May 31, 2012 4:15 p.m.

you mean know there was once a wii game called madworld it showed that nintendo fans can have really hardcore games.
  • J-Fid - May 31, 2012 3:08 p.m.

If Nintendo reveals GTA V with exclusive features, I think that the world may very well instantly explode.
  • shawksta - May 31, 2012 2:56 p.m.

I called it! I definitly called it if both New Super Mario bros. Have connectivity together on Wii U and 3DS i had that thought articles ago XD Eh, besides last story there isnt much to look forward to on the wii but who knows, as you said itll probably still get games like DS. Virtual Console doesnt get enough praise, its a fantastic service that nintendo exclusivly has, GC being on the Wii U will be fantastic, and who knows, with gamegear games on 3DS, why not dreamcast for Wii U. Smash teaser, highly doubt it, but a name for sure, im most excited for Retro's nee game IF they reveal it there. Otherwise theres lots to see.
  • cokelogic - May 31, 2012 2:55 p.m.

Gamecube ports, Wii ports in HD and 3D-ified SNES ports. This sounds like a perfectly accurate prediction of Nintendo at E3... Recycling old games instead of creating new IPs.