Topics

Sony

• GringoStar - July 29, 2011 3:42 p.m.

@CommandantOreo Bradley Cooper does have some great acting skills. And sure you may think it's a stupid idea to bring someone along for popularity, but think how successful it has been. Do you know that Expendables made millions and millions of dollars just because of the amount of stars in that movie? So YES, popularity of an actor(s) does help sell the movie. It's marketing 101. You may call it pathetic, but I'm pretty sure there's a couple actors or actresses that you see them in the movies simply because they're in it. Stop trying to be all high and mighty...this is the internet, the coolness factor on here doesn't matter.
  • mentalityljs - July 28, 2011 11:01 p.m.

Nathan Fillion not only looks the part, but he also has a good witty, sarcastic sense of humor, which is a perfect match. My only question is how athletic he is, cuz i'd hate for all the action/climbing sequences to be CGI'd to death!!!
  • wrayday - July 28, 2011 5:27 p.m.

So, crazy thought here .... why not get the guys who penned the script for the games to do the movie. I mean the game plays just like a cinematic movie to begin with, it is not like its Super Mario where there really is no story and well we all know where that ended up. And while the crazy boat is making rounds why not: Samuel L Jackson, Bruce Willis, Danny Trejo, because lets face it. Their awesomeness combined would make anything balls deep in win.
  • CommandantOreo - July 28, 2011 2:24 p.m.

"As much heat as I'm going to get for this I think Bradley Cooper would be a better fit than this Nathan Fillion actor. One being is that he is much more known, which people would then see it." Wow, that's a great idea! Just bring somebody aboard for popularity, not because he has legitimate talent? If people actually watch movies just because of the main actor, then those people are just pathetic.
  • GringoStar - July 28, 2011 12:26 a.m.

@batouyukinawa You do know that the Indiana Jones franchise was initially supposed to be a solo project for Han Solo, but they had decided to go a whole different direction. Playing in the Star Wars movies in the late 70s and early 80s didn't make any of those actors well known nor big...(this is sarcasm here.).
  • D0CCON - July 27, 2011 11:40 p.m.

Watch him recast Marky Mark just to piss people off.
  • Joshnix - July 27, 2011 11:40 p.m.

Limitless was actually pretty damn good.
  • batouyukinawa - July 27, 2011 11:35 p.m.

Why do people always want big name actors to play the roles in these movies? If you asked me Drake should be a new face. That's why Indiana Jones worked, because Harrison ford wasn't super huge yet.
  • Nodoudt - July 27, 2011 7:46 p.m.

Nathan For Nathan - 201X
  • TocloseamI - July 27, 2011 5:51 p.m.

Oh my god, Jennifer Aniston as Elle. It's like a match made in movie/game heaven
  • Ironarm - July 27, 2011 5 p.m.

Bradley Cooper would make a great Drake, in my opinion. He showed that he can do action quite well with The A-Team (yes, I really enjoyed the that movie) so I think it would be a cool fit.
  • JizzStr8InUrHeart - July 27, 2011 4:49 p.m.

Neil F*cking Burger ? What the jizz ? Where did they find him...going thru a garbage bin behind SCEA's office ? Jesus f*cking Christ...this guy is terrible, the illusionist felt longer than watching someone die from A.I.D.S., and limitless?...*Pukes*. Now what could be worst? No...you better be kidding me! You mean, THE Edward Northon? The one that hasnt been in a good movie for almost 10 years now?
  • justinbanda - July 27, 2011 4:31 p.m.

I know I'm gonna get a ton of crap for this, but this is the first time anyone's mentioned Edward Norton in connection with the role. Maybe he isn't the right choice, but doesn't he kind of look like Drake?
  • BLOODmuffins - July 27, 2011 4:09 p.m.

No one wants Edward Norton, Tim Robbins, or Bradley Cooper in the Uncharted movie. It's Nathan Fillion or nobody!
  • BigSlammu - July 27, 2011 6:05 a.m.

I think Jeremy Renner would be a good Nathan Drake. I haven't seen him play a role like Drake before, it would be interesting.
  • Shadowsedge117 - July 27, 2011 5:56 a.m.

Mark Wahlberg wasn't the only problem with the original rendition, but that does point out that part of the problem with most game adaptations is casting. I prefer to hold off on any optimism or pessimism until I see a sample of the final product, and that remains true in this case. It's much too soon to see if Mr. Burger will create a faithful adaptation, so until I hear more news about it, I will play the waiting game.
  • GringoStar - July 27, 2011 4:38 a.m.

As much heat as I'm going to get for this I think Bradley Cooper would be a better fit than this Nathan Fillion actor. One being is that he is much more known, which people would then see it. Also (I know it won't happen) I would like to see Eliza Dushku play the "other" female protagonist (forget her name) in Uncharted 2.
  • ZhugeLiang - July 27, 2011 4:15 a.m.

I think Danny DeVito would make a great Nathan Drake
  • soren7550 - July 27, 2011 3:50 a.m.

So, this means that the possibility of Fillion as Drake is a reality once more?
  • gamingfreak - July 27, 2011 1:19 a.m.

Bradley cooper would be better as Flynn imo, rather than Drake. And I suppose I could see Edward Norton and Tim Robbins as Drake and Sully. Oh, and Jennifer Aniston as Elena would be good too.