• IceBlueKirby - June 21, 2012 12:41 p.m.

It's fair to want to protect your assets, but when it begins to affect your consumer base on this kind of level you have to step back and ask yourself if it's really worth it...Blizzard apparently asked, and the answer was a resounding "hell yes!" Their methods are affecting the very people they're trying to help, and it's going to hurt them in the long run. That said, I haven't bought D3, or played it at all, and at this point I'm not even sure I want to.
  • Scoob - June 21, 2012 2:13 p.m.

It's a good game and I'm very much so enjoying it with my friends and brother, but if you're on the fence and all of it bothers you, remember that Torchlight 2 is almost out and costs $20. The main designers IIRC are those who worked on the original Diablo and Diablo II.
  • ParagonT - June 21, 2012 12:32 p.m.

Ridiculous, I hope they get burned for it.
  • mikehoncho - June 21, 2012 11:03 a.m.

This is so gold seller can't just keep making new accounts after they get banned. I've had 7 fake accounts try to scam me in this past week, so i'm all for this
  • Scoob - June 21, 2012 11:23 a.m.

So what you're saying is that you haven't been a victim of this yet. And you're okay with legit buyers getting punished over the acts of a few? Does the player named jkjskdk who tried to add you to his friend's list with the message "100k gold $18" really bother you so much that you're cool with people who spent their hard on money get limited access for a few days? It's not like clicking the X in the friend request is a big deal. But then again, you could be trolling. If so, well played.
  • ParagonT - June 21, 2012 1:31 p.m.

That seems to be a problem that can be remedied somehow else.
  • gazzc - June 21, 2012 10:06 a.m.

I do not see how this even relates to fraud, there are many other online retailers of digitally downloaded games such as steam, gog, gmg, origin etc and none of these have any problems in giving you your game in full immediately once you paid for it. They all have ways to revoke your license if you buy the game fraudulently and this can also be easily expanded to cover in game items. I think the problem lies with Blizzard, I did used to be a big fan of the company and its games but lately their attitude towards their customers stinks and they have made a lot of bad calls.
  • ZhugeLiang - June 21, 2012 10:02 a.m.

Can't wait for the next Blizzard game for the consumer cycle of pre-order -> complain -> play -> complain -> buy expansion pack -> complain to begin all over again
  • Isoph0451 - June 21, 2012 9:58 a.m.

I don't know...if I downloaded a 60 dollar game and couldn't play that much of it for three days I'd be pretty miffed off. It's my money, I bought it, don't put restrictions on it. Then again, to get past this I'd probably just drive to Wal-mart and buy the retail copy. So...I guess it depends on if you want to stand up and walk out the door or not.
  • AqueousBoy - June 21, 2012 12:34 p.m.

A gamer walk out the door? You are not one of us! Gentlemen, we have a spy here! An infiltrator!!!
  • Imgema - June 21, 2012 9:54 a.m.

Welcome to the world of online-only-DRM-digital-DL gaming. Where publishers have full control over your purchases and not you. To the world of various new restrictions and annoyances that only benefit the publishers and not the gamers in any way. Welcome to the future of videogames.
  • saitaina-moricia-malfoy - June 22, 2012 1:05 a.m.

Except how many players do you think are going to run out to buy Diablo 4 (or similarly mismanaged titles) after this fiasco? ...unless it takes another decade to make and we forget about this mess. It's not that hard to vote with our wallets, provided people actually stop being lazy and doing it. I have a policy of never buying a game on opening day, and this mess is why. I may have waited over ten years for Diablo 3, but I have no plans on purchasing it now. That may be one $60 purchase they don't have, but I'm not the only one out there, and the numbers will grow with each utter screw-up. I new there was a reason I kept most of my original game systems...mostly because I can still play those games, no need for new ones if a company won't treat me with respect as a customer.
  • ncurry2 - June 21, 2012 9:51 a.m.

That does really suck. But even though the launch has been pretty horrendous, it doesn't stop millions (myself included) from gobbling it up. Same could be said about Skyrim for that matter. We're really not setting a very good precedent as consumers now are we?