• ncurry2 - May 13, 2011 6:06 p.m.

I don't play COD at all, nor do I particularly like Activision. But as far as releasing everything about a game a month before the developers were going to do it themselves, I think that's a bit of a shot to the nuts. I think that all those people involved making a game really look forward to being able to dump all that information on its fans and see the reactions. I'm guessing that helps them during the final stages of development. But then again, seeing as to how they work for Activision and Kottick wants to take all the fun out of making video games, it doesn't really matter in this case.
  • GreenLeader - May 13, 2011 6:02 p.m.

I only read the multi-player info, just to see what they did to some of the guns. Quite interesting.... Kinda glad someone's finally taking a dig at Supreme Overlord Activison, but a leak this big wasn't really nesseccary, was it?
  • mikexandrews - May 13, 2011 5:55 p.m.

I don't think this is really going to affect sales for the game. I assume the vast majority of people play CoD for the multiplayer (and if my very unscientific poll of my friends is any indication, the number of people to play the campaign compared to those who own it is like 3 to 10). I actually enjoy the CoD campaigns, but as far as the story goes, I really didn't care to digest it. I understood it, but I'm not connected to the characters in any way. I don't know how to work this in, but I think the thing the Call of Duty franchise needs to worry about is the (again very unscientific poll of my friends) diminishing interest in their product. I've purchased all Call of Duty titles since Modern Warfare and when it came time for Black Ops, I just felt nothing for it, which most likely with leave Black Ops as my final Call of Duty purchase.
  • Sharkbot - May 13, 2011 5:48 p.m.

Yeah that Cat out of the bag picture was brilliant photoshop work. GOOD JOB DAVE! You may now commence in the receiving of a cookie.
  • Jedipimp0712 - May 13, 2011 5:16 p.m.

terrible on behalf of whomever leaked it in my opinion. i think what would have been even more damaging would be if there was gameplay footage leaked. instead we get story and what not. i do admit that i play games for story, but with MW2 and the fight clubesque Black Ops, im not sure i really care much about the call of duty stories anymore. and i agree with everyone else here who would rather get battlefield 3. it gets a little annoying that there is a new COD title out every year *cough* Madden *cough* and is slightly improved. it just seems like they keep milking the franchise. we all know how guitar hero is faring after they did that...
  • flare149 - May 13, 2011 5:10 p.m.

I likes cat out of the bag image, it funny
  • R_U_Guys_From_British - May 13, 2011 5:06 p.m.

I read it all, out of morbid curiosity more than anything. I'm not a fan of the storyline at all and that applies to all COD games. I play the COD games for a decent action thrill and the multiplayer but like I say, me knowing the story will not lessen the experience any for me. Although I understand it is a dickish move from whoever leaked this info.
  • chriszewski - May 13, 2011 5:02 p.m.

@scotthecht Anything COD needs no extra buzz. Ridiculous release numbers show that. Its also incredibly out of character for activision to release info like this. Its usually through a huge marketing campaign that is shoved down our throats. My money is on someone close to MW3 (ex IW emps too) leaking info to irk Acti. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the studios working on the project has been informed there will be cuts prior to/after release (i'm looking at you Raven). I could even see the game as being either complete or largely so already, and Acti is just sitting on it to blow the doors off E3 and finally announce, officially, that it exists and to announce its stranglehold on the holiday release window. That being said i completely despise Activision so i don't really see this as a bad thing but i can certainly see how publicizing this could be damaging for those involved.
  • HumorTumor - May 13, 2011 4:56 p.m.

I'm getting Battlefield 3 anyways. Black Ops was my first CoD title, and that grew old and repetitive fast. So I've little incentive to get this entry. Unless I find it used for cheap, which probably wont happen for 2 years.
  • AnonymouZ - May 13, 2011 4:53 p.m.

i would like to quote hybrid gamer. kthxbye
  • loonyman978 - May 13, 2011 4:46 p.m.

I've decided CoD peaked with the first modern warfare, so am going to be getting Battlefield 3 this year, i dont really care about the leak.
  • falcon4196 - May 13, 2011 4:43 p.m.

Oh no Modern Warfare 3 having its story ruined. Was it all 30 minutes of it? Now everyone will know all the ridiculous twists that make no to little sense.
  • ThatSkinnyGuy - May 13, 2011 4:34 p.m.

I'm not a huge fan of the franchise but this kind of sucks. I know it's a different medium, but remember when the ending leaked for Terminator: Salvation? It had to be hastily re-done, and the end result wasn't a patch on the original concept. My point is, minor spoilers only ramp up the public's interest; major ones flat-out ruin high profile projects. Just my two cents, like.
  • mdnytecartunr - May 13, 2011 4:32 p.m.

As for the leak, like scotthecht said, I don't put it on them for reporting something they at least believe to be true, the Internet is a big, scary place and you have to fight to get those eyeballs on your stuff. Sadly, "Leaked Info About Biggest Game Of The YEAR!!!" will probably do that quite nicely. The bigger concern is the sensationalized lean that the Internet has put on nearly all information.
  • polarbear69 - May 13, 2011 4:24 p.m.

Is it really such a surprise? Who here didn't think they would make a MaWaTres?
  • banewulf - May 13, 2011 4:19 p.m.

David and scotthecht, I agree completely. This could have been a way of ramping up interest in MW3 in the wake of all the BF3 video. Or this is a screw-you to Activision from a friend of the Infinity Ward creators that has stayed on with IF. Either way, it was deliberate, and it will be damaging. As for me, I used to be crime beat reporter for the local newspaper. When the Mexican Mafia was going to get busted, we of course didn't leak that info. Games are less important than that, but I hate having story details spoiled for me. Showing screens of maps and guns, however, are very welcome and in fact increase my interest in the game!
  • AwesomeMan - May 13, 2011 4:19 p.m.

In my humble opinion, COD has grown tired over the past four installments...They have done well to quench my "FPS sweet tooth" while the wait for BF3 grew shorter, but this fall, my money goes to BF3...All that being said, I hope that this leak is just a ploy, or was done purposely by Activision. If it's some stab at Activision..well that's just upsetting.
  • mdnytecartunr - May 13, 2011 4:17 p.m.

I can't care less about story told through FPS cut-scenes (Portal 2 is out of this argument since the story comes organically throughout the game) so single-player info doesn't sway me one way or the other. Multi-player will have the same foundation as always so I could care less about the "revelations" there. I'll GameFly it early next year and move on with my life.
  • hybr1dgamerx - May 13, 2011 4:12 p.m.

andnotasinglefuckwasgiventhatday.jpg
  • KidKatana - May 13, 2011 4:08 p.m.

I always knew Captain Price would turn out gay. Anyway, I don't really play multiplayer myself, but I understand that the majority of the CoD-consuming populace barely touches the single player campaign - will this leak really affect that crowd too much?