• crumbdunky - November 25, 2009 8:50 p.m.

Meh, crap campaign storywise with or without glaring potholes or publicity craving "terrorist" missions. Seriously, why didn't they do it in flashback, unplayable with an undercover US agent being forced into giving a story that fitted what the Russians wanted to do. You could then also show how much it fekks people up(being undercover, shooting innocents and all-rather than put it in the hands of the gamer who generally doesn't feel anything about what he shoots)AND how people will say whatever ttheir questioners want to hear? It would have even been a topival thought on what might actually have happened at Guatanamo, no? Or were IW too busy trying to keep online gaming in the creaky P2P era so they can provide the only new maps(and noone makes those pesky "mods" that fequently show their own lack of imagination a little too clearly)and paid for at that and making videos that offend anyone who isn't, in fact, homophobic themselves. Oh, and practising the clever dibide and rule tricks that their m,asters at Acti taught them so well in the time they were all forgetting that they were gamers once? Silly story, silly antics and a sad level of complicity from the "gaming community" that apparently believed Acti when they said thei was a premium game even if it meant the online game of the year exists with crappy P2P on all systems and limited us to 9v9. So much for caring about the quality of your own game IW. Lets take online gaming backwards and not bother with a cohesive storyline as gamers are happy as long as they shoot stuff, right?
  • Geoffish - November 24, 2009 7:41 p.m.

I didn’t realise that Shepard and Makerov were working together either! I just thought that Price and Soap were going on a revenge mission! I mean what did Shepard actually do? In relation to the No Russian mission, wasn’t the whole point of "NO RUSSIAN" being to stop the Russian's thinking that the terrorists were Russian? If they have sufficient footage to capture what language they were speaking in, but not enough to make Makerov invest in a mask?
  • DaJoker - November 24, 2009 5:40 p.m.

If only they would've put an 3rd person option, alot of times u get ambushed and u can't see s#it... F@ck the story the only thing the game is good 4 is killing and killing alot and it lets u do it so stop complaining it's not a damn movie
  • speno93 - November 24, 2009 10:17 a.m.

wait, when is the bit when you realise Shepheard's working with Makerov?, i think i missed that.
  • GMAN2 - November 24, 2009 1:43 a.m.

If GR was this nit picky about every video game's plot, there would be plot holes in every single one. In this case, it's a matter of wanting to play a realistic storyline that's boring, or playing a crazy awesome campaign that has a storyline that's overall idea makes sense
  • Drawed - November 24, 2009 12:42 a.m.

Can somebody link me to a video of the HVI soldier thing? I don't remember that part at all.
  • venomman01 - November 23, 2009 8:35 p.m.

So wait. Why did shepard do all of this? Makarov? I just want to shoot some terrorists enough of the story.
  • Kipper - November 23, 2009 9:51 a.m.

I couldn't care less about dedicated servers, but since I mostly play single or co-op campaigns, Modern Warfare 1 and 2 will remain unpurchased by me. Sorry, but a coherent narrative in a shooter that I can enjoy rather than be irritated or repelled by is important to me.
  • Tomsta666 - November 22, 2009 11:24 p.m.

Balls to the story. As long as I got to shoot fuckers in the face and blow shit up with my buddy Captain Price, that was oscar kilo by me.
  • silvereye - November 22, 2009 10:51 p.m.

Personnally I loved the first games campaign for its brilliant plot, having a political agenda on the wars of today. However this games plot is just..... well....rubbish. I mean it has so many plot holes and the fact you go around killing Russian civilians in a lvl doesnt really seem to have a message, it just seems to be there for controversy if you ask me.
  • Romination - November 22, 2009 10:45 p.m.

@vagrant international terrorists are still international terrorists. I think that they'd be able to figure out who these people are using databases and stuff. It's not like they just appear from nowhere, there is intel on these things. And if the US and Russia were allies at the time, then even if just one of them knew, they'd share the information with each other.
  • Yeager1122 - November 22, 2009 8:43 p.m.

I say who cares about the plotholes the game is amazing.
  • twishart - November 22, 2009 7:31 p.m.

Holy shit I laughed so hard at the end movie
  • vitoruss - November 22, 2009 5:47 p.m.

The soaphawk weirded me out too. What I found strange was how Russia just went from, "OUR DUDES ARE DEAD!" TO "KILL AMERICA!". Like they'd just go in guns blazing, forfeiting just about all the relations between them and us that have come out of the past 24 years? "LOL OUR D00DS ARE DEAD WE ATTACK U"
  • TheJabberwock - November 22, 2009 4:10 p.m.

well,the game is set 5 years after the first one, who knows what happened to price and Nikolai
  • Sebastian16 - November 22, 2009 5:50 a.m.

Bahaha. Love it.
  • RustEd01 - November 21, 2009 11:17 p.m.

Although I agree with the list, I think Price was thrown in the Gulag for probably engaging in his usual sneaky stealthy shenanigans prior to the start of war. Price was probably hot on the trail of Makarov, and Makarov somehow implicated Price in a plot and had him thrown behind bars. But what is even more glaring plot hole is that the famed British SAS commander Cpt Price is rotting away in gulags and brits are just going about their bloody business and not bothering about it.
  • FETALJUICE - November 21, 2009 8:51 p.m.

lol that video was hilarious.
  • CoD4Kamikazi - November 21, 2009 7:09 p.m.

Maybe everyone else knows, or I'm the only one who cares. What happened to Makarov?! I was looking forward to hunting HIM down, not Shepherd. If you know, please tell me.
  • civver - November 21, 2009 7:06 p.m.

Honestly, Infinity Ward is just trying to be LOLDEEP and LOLINTENSE.