• rezapoc - March 24, 2009 4:34 p.m.

what about the resident evil titles with their corporate manipulation, puzzles and complex collective story lines.
  • Nitemarish - February 3, 2009 7:12 p.m.

SEQUEL
  • Wordup95 - February 3, 2009 3:22 a.m.

You forgot Deus Ex
  • JCannihilates - July 29, 2009 6:10 a.m.

YES! The first article I've seen to acknowledge the importance and depth of the Shin Megami Tensei games, which will far and away always be my favorite series. As you mentioned every game pushes the limit in a new way that will really make you think, and Digital Devil Saga will always be my idea of the most underrated game of all time. So many kudos.
  • TheWebSwinger - July 9, 2009 10:35 p.m.

I just noticed, theres a mini reference to Gabriel Knight at the end. Charlie Barratt, you scoundrel!
  • winerooster - July 9, 2009 4:38 p.m.

Where is Deus Ex?I remember having endless discussions about the plot and how politics work.Especially the endings where there is no real satisfying choice.We are humans after all...
  • STR33TFiR3 - July 9, 2009 4:29 p.m.

Should not Fallout 3 be on the list? At least the "almost made it" list? Great article! Love you Gamesradar!
  • r3ap3r - July 9, 2009 2:38 a.m.

great article great ideas and completely agree with what your sayin.good work.
  • Fearthylogic - July 7, 2009 6:56 a.m.

Agreed with Bio shock and Cod4 and stuff, but Gears of war might actually deserve this list, and not just because of all the gore. There was a feature about this, the fact that humans are more evil than the locusts. Its not really in the game, but should me mentioned, especially if they use it somehow in the 3rd game.
  • joebob286 - July 1, 2009 8:30 p.m.

I thoroughly enjoyed this article, and it is my new favorite. I'm tired of games that are all blood and violence, I buy games not just for gameplay, but for storyline. The games that are actually mature seem to have the best storylines because they dig deeper into your mind and make you think.
  • GoConduit - June 5, 2009 1:57 a.m.

Yeah I am going to say Assassins Creed and the Call of Duty games in general. First of all in Assassins Creed I was amazed at the fantastic story that had to do with the psychological impact of the assassinations. Guilt, betrayal, its all there. And as for Call of Duty, these people that are your Brothers in arms are dying next to you, their blood and guts flying through the air. And come on, how many CoD players dont have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?
  • 044magnumx - March 22, 2009 5:43 a.m.

A lot of people are going to hate me for this, but I think gears of war 2 should've been on the list. Its about self loss, what one does to live, bonding together in hard times. Maybe I'm just missing the point but its an idea.
  • Gamedude-9 - February 24, 2009 11:20 p.m.

I think that Oblivion should have made the list because it has Assinations, Slavery, Cruel and unusal punishment
  • Katana314 - February 5, 2009 10:26 p.m.

YEEEEEEESSS!!! There are about 6 billion people who don't realize how mature Phoenix Wright is. The second game (Justice for All) has a case that presents a choice to the player that even the most mature of us can't handle; essentially deciding what you believe about justice entirely, and there IS no clear-cut answer. Everyone who likes "mature" games needs to play that series. (and on that note, Hotel Dusk is pretty good too)
  • slamansnikovski - February 3, 2009 12:11 p.m.

Good article, too bad The Witcher wasn't mentioned.