• Rub3z - March 31, 2012 1:06 a.m.

When I first heard about this whole cupcake thing sent by angry fans, I predicted that it's entirely likely that the cupcakes were laced with poison or powerful laxatives, or that at least they spat into every one. It's not very likely (imagine the lawsuit), but I'm saying IF it is, we'll be hearing terrible news of poor children falling ill, or getting diarrhea and vomiting... all because some idiots decided to carry out their petty revenge campaign against the developers over the ending to a damn videogame. If you really think about it, and have seen how angry some of those people have gotten over this issue, it doesn't seem too far off. I just hope to goodness this isn't the case, but I won't be surprised if it is.
  • RAYZOR12 - March 31, 2012 2:25 p.m.

You are a gigantic moron. There is no other way to say it. Fans are going to poison cupcakes? Yeah, really plausible because when people become upset by something the first thing that they do is hurt people through accessible means. The cupcakes were ordered from an independent cupcake company and sent through the same company. Are you supposing that businesses would comply to poisoning and tainting a product sent to others? Like I stated before, you are a moron. Secondly, people are not as angry as you believe them to be over the ending. The rage has blown over and now its formed into a productive form of making a point clear. There is constructive thought going into every movement that the Demand a Better Ending for Mass Effect campaign is doing. These are the same people whom raised over $80,000 for the Child's Play foundation. These people are not angry, raging psychopaths like you paint them to be, they are people moved to action by disappointment in a franchise that they cherish. So no, they are not "idiots" who are interested in carrying out a "petty revenge campaign." So if you "really thought about it" youd come to realize that they are people who have rallied together to make a change to something that care about through positive, constructive, and effective means.
  • viberunner - March 31, 2012 2:26 p.m.

You nasty-minded piece of work you are, your comment says quite a lot.. about YOUR state of mind. FYI the money was sent directly to a bakers. It was a profession baking company who made and delivered the cakes.
  • KnowYourPokemon - March 31, 2012 2:35 a.m.

Man if someone gave me $1000 worth of something for free and I donated it to charity I could easily look like a good guy too :P Not saying this wasn't a nice thing to do but yeah...
  • ParagonT - March 31, 2012 7:34 a.m.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. More of a publicity move than goodwill.
  • winner2 - March 31, 2012 4:39 a.m.

I wonder what the people who fundraised for the cupcakes are feeling right now. I'm not sure if I'd be annoyed or feel defeated or what.
  • ParagonT - March 31, 2012 7:34 a.m.

The point was in the cupcakes themselves, so the point was gotten across. I think this ended quite well.
  • viberunner - March 31, 2012 2:24 p.m.

Elated. Given the amount of press attention they got - absolutely elated.
  • Acerlux - March 31, 2012 7:06 a.m.

It's a great thing they did, donating the cupcakes to kids. But I can't be the only one that finds this a little ironic. Bioware is presented with 3 different choices, all of them separated only by color. Any choice finishes the cupcake. But because they didn't like the choices presented, they chose to take a 4th option that they actually liked and found satisfying. At least Bioware won't have to start up a "Retake Cupcakes" protest.
  • ParagonT - March 31, 2012 7:33 a.m.

Pretty ironic indeed.
  • FlyinHawaiian13 - March 31, 2012 1:40 p.m.

This is brilliant.
  • ParagonT - March 31, 2012 7:32 a.m.

I'm glad the cupcakes went to those in need, and also got the point across. Win=Win situation. Except for Bioware, but hey, there piggy backing off of the situation in order to seem like the good guys. I doubt they even had the idea to donate anything to charity at the time, this was more of a smart publicity move than good will. (Heh, get it? Goodwill? Ah... I'm going to hell....)
  • anthonymccann - March 31, 2012 8:29 a.m.

It's nice that the kids got cupcakes and all but does anyone else think that this seems a bit....I dunno, petty on Priestley's part? I mean at least try and be a good sport about it man.
  • J-Fid - March 31, 2012 10:34 a.m.

I have not donated any cupcakes to charity today... I find this whole situation to be very funny, and it even has a happy ending.
  • phoenix_wings - April 1, 2012 1:35 a.m.

I wonder how the people who sent the cupcakes feel right about now? I wonder if any of them have had any sort of change of heart? Considering that the Retake Mass Effect/Child's Play thing had to be canned due to too many people who erroneously made donations to a charity requested refunds *facepalm* I wonder if any of them stopped to think... "Hey. I made an actual difference in someone's life today - someone who maybe couldn't afford the luxuries that I have, with expensive game consoles and new games. Maybe I should re-think my position in life. Maybe I'm not so hard-done by because a game didn't end the way I was told it would."
  • TheHowetzer - April 6, 2012 8:12 a.m.

The comment about people sitting on thier ass was not aimed at you, I am sorry if it came across that way, I was making a generalization. And I thank you for your service to the country. As far as being right and what Im going to do about it? nothing, I already knew I was so it does not matter what others think, and as far as people just look at me funny and walk away? I agree they probably do, but thats part of the problem in this country right now man, no one CARES enough to think about things like this anymore. I need to relax? Hrmm that's funny, that's probably what the Brittish thought those crazy Yankees should do too before the revolutionary war that started this nation, but guess what man? They didnt relax, they stood up and made themselves heard.
  • forestfire55 - April 8, 2012 2:03 p.m.

"I dont get the ending, WORST FU*KING GAME EVER"