• Tygerclaws - September 24, 2010 3:32 p.m.

Based purely on the campaigns, since I couldn't care less about the multiplayer for either, I have to say ODST was far better written, had better presentation, and altogether more cohesion and structure. Since online play didn't factor into my experience with them, I'm not even counting them because I don't honestly care.
  • Chiefslapaho - September 24, 2010 3:28 p.m.

When did people start putting their websites for shit to sell in the forums? I have a slightly used Conway Twitty 8 track on craigslist for 5 dollars O.B.O. The sarcasm listed on there is free. Oh and modern warfare 2 gets my vote.
  • mattdark - September 24, 2010 3:17 p.m.

Personally, I'd go in favour of Halo. While both games still had a huge focus on multiplayer, I felt like I enjoyed Halo's story much more. Partially for the fact the AI was much more forgiving then MW2, and certinaly wasnt full of seemingly randomly placed enemies. Plus, Halo's story actually had my attention, compared to a clancy-esque 'just another war' with a poorer country inexplicably well-armed and trained. Plus, in a sign of just how good they knew their multiplayer was, all Bungie had to do was include the Halo 3 multiplayer mode with no changes made. Halo gets my vote over MW2. But Borderlands beats Halo IMO
  • Geminiman82 - September 24, 2010 2:28 p.m.

MW2 wins. I don't like Halo very much but it is a very well made game.
  • thatblindgamer - September 24, 2010 1:53 p.m.

Battlefield is the best one here, so I'm voting for that.
  • CombatCat120 - September 24, 2010 1:43 p.m.

Battlefield beats them both to the ground. Just sayin'. I likes my multiplayer FAIR & BALANCED.
  • abbottfrizzell - September 24, 2010 1 p.m.

I'm going to have to say MW2.. I loved ODST, its story was good but it was short along with no online multiplayer itself which is something almost every FPS should have. I know Firefight should count but since it didn't let you play with randoms I don't count it. Mw2 had a fun story with fun missions that had a new atmosphere and a different way to play for almost every mission and even changed during the mission a lot. It also included Co-op missions straight from the campaign along with a multiplayer that will be staying strong which is something that makes a FPS great.
  • Bloodstorm - September 24, 2010 12:42 p.m.

@VaneTrago Shotgun rushing, tactical knife rushing, duel-wielded shotguns, knife rushing in general, killstreaks, campers, glitchers,noob-tubers, and so on. If you play hardcore its nothing but camping with snipers. Play barebones and you still have to deal with noob-tubes, and shotgun/knife rushing. Weapons were highly unbalanced, perks as well. They pretty much made perk combination not only to enhance shotgun/knife rushing but to encourage it. IW would never get my money again, and I will be highly skeptical of anything Respawn puts out.
  • Onepersonwithnoopinion - September 24, 2010 12:41 p.m.

What's with all of the older games from last year?
  • oufour - September 24, 2010 12:40 p.m.

i voted for singularity! it's not gonna win, but i voted for it!
  • Bloodstorm - September 24, 2010 12:33 p.m.

I loved ODST because it was pure fan service to those of us who love the campaign and story mode as well as read the fiction. Plus it brought back the health system, got rid of the ridiculous duel wielding, the non-linear game play was a great change, and it was nice playing in the shoes of 5 different characters. Oh, and Firefight. MW2 was a one trick pony by the end. How many time were they going to dangle me to try and make it feel intense? How many times were they going to kill me off to add 'drama'? So, my vote would go to ODST, but then my vote would always go to Halo, or possibly anything for that matter, before I voted for the game that actually made me hate gaming.
  • JoeMulvihill1 - September 24, 2010 12:31 p.m.

That is a tough one. Halo 3: ODST i thought was a really good game, especially seeing as it was meant to be a one year project from bungie. i thought the story was amazing, but that is about it. firefight was also really good but without a matchmaking feature it didn't meet it's potential until Halo: Reach. The fact that there was no multiplayer was a downer for many, but as i said, it was pretty much just a project, but because Bungie knew Halo was most recognised as an amazing multiplayer game Bungie had to include Halo 3's multiplayer. overall it was a very good game. Modern warfare 2 on the other hand was rushed beyond belief which led to a very glitchy game, millions of dollars in unpaid overtime and the break up of the majority of infinity wards finest minds from activision. i wasn't bad overall though. The single player was very short and very unrealistic with major plot holes, but ultimately it was exciting and , well, fun. but without any replay value it was useless. the collectable intel items were okay while it lasted, but with nothing else to do, it was easily forgettable. Call of Duty 4 had the inclusion of cheats when you find a certain amount of intel items which kept me playing for hours. i would spend ages looking for the intel items and then when i did find them, i would spend ages playing with them. modern warfare 2 missed the inclusion of these which i thought was very disappointing. spec ops was okay but following from nazi zombies it didn't match up to the same level at all. spec ops was basically an easy way of gettingf a bunch of achievements. but the biggest thing of modern warfare 2 was the bitter sweet multiplayer. it was sweet in the fact that it was fun while it lasted. it was okay with tons of added features and had that call of duty scent to it, but it was majorly unbalanced with kill streak after kill streak of kills, i'd say i had more deaths from kill streaks than actual players. the players in the end ruined it for me finding countless ways of ruining the game for me from constantly no scoping rather than playing it properly to care package glitching to its easy to get kill streaks. in the end i gave up on it. so in conclusion, Halo 3: ODST was better than Modern warfare 2, but i wouldn't say it should win shooter of the year. for me it has to be battlefield: bad company 2
  • TheCaptainAwesome - September 24, 2010 12:21 p.m.

@VaneTrago That you even have to choose certain perks and multiplayer modes just so that you can get a Balanced and fair game is bad game design to me.
  • Jadernader - September 24, 2010 12:07 p.m.

lol even with all of MW2's crap its still more fun than ODST...
  • NightCrawler_358 - September 24, 2010 12:02 p.m.

sorry for double post, but i'd like to say that Battlefield is so much better than MW2, in just about Everything!!
  • NightCrawler_358 - September 24, 2010 noon

MW2 came out last year though, and this year isn't up yet. Medal of Honor is looking cool! But of these shooters, i'd say Bioshock, for being different, and just plain great.
  • Baron164 - September 24, 2010 11:50 a.m.

I'm voting for ODST because the single player campaign had a story that made sense, oh and Firefight :-) I've played and finished both games. The multiplayer in MW2 got boring after awhile for me.
  • VaneTrago - September 24, 2010 11:23 a.m.

What ruins the online for MW2? This is something I have yet to understand. The noob tubers? Play hardcore. The fucked up killstreaks? Play Barebones, or have a class specifically for taking down air assault, mix it with cold blooded, and you're good. Hate the people? Mute them. What was the complaint?
  • StrayGator - September 24, 2010 11:18 a.m.

Lil' sisters are practically immortal, may I remind you.
  • bluscorp - September 24, 2010 11 a.m.

I was gonna pick BC2, but i thought call of duty had a better over-all package and experience. Its only the idiots online that ruin it, its not the game itself to me.