Topics

Week of Love

• onetimebuster - April 14, 2012 12:25 p.m.

The week of love sound's like a hippie thing.
  • lilbuddha - April 15, 2012 7:37 a.m.

Guess what friday's date is
  • GAYMER - April 14, 2012 11:55 a.m.

>Plus, you’ll want to get all of that love OUT of your system *Fixed :)
  • ultimatepunchrod - April 14, 2012 10:42 a.m.

Awesome! Really looking forward to this.
  • Robx - April 14, 2012 10:03 a.m.

But I love the week of hate! c wut I did thar?
  • profile0000 - April 14, 2012 10:18 a.m.

Nice.
  • Claymore65 - April 14, 2012 9:45 a.m.

Having both a Week of Love and a Week of Hate makes a lot of sense to me at least. I'm all for this!
  • BladedFalcon - April 14, 2012 8:31 a.m.

Cool, here's hoping you guys can make it as interesting as the week of HATE! Also, ironically, you guys DO realize that updating that top 100 games list is gonna (re)generate a LOT of hate, right? :P
  • GR HollanderCooper - April 14, 2012 10:49 a.m.

That's why it'll lead from one to the other really well!
  • BladedFalcon - April 14, 2012 12:05 p.m.

Heh, good point XD By the way... Hey Cooper, you're not mysteriously leaving GR anytime soon, are you? >> You're pretty much the only guy left here that I really like ^^;
  • GR HollanderCooper - April 14, 2012 1:31 p.m.

I sure hope not.
  • BladedFalcon - April 14, 2012 1:59 p.m.

...That's not exactly reassuring, dammit D:
  • GR_HenryGilbert - April 14, 2012 5:54 p.m.

This hurts my feelings
  • GR HollanderCooper - April 14, 2012 7:10 p.m.

Fucking deal with it, Hank! He chose me!
  • BladedFalcon - April 14, 2012 7:28 p.m.

...See, this is one of the reasons why you're one of my favorite editors XD Often, your replies in the comments are pretty damn fun to read XD
  • BladedFalcon - April 14, 2012 7:18 p.m.

Well... No offense Hank, but sometimes you can be very opinionated in a wrong way >>; For example, in the podcast in which you guys talked about the best games of 2011. One of the answers mentioned was "Infamous 2" after which you clearly went all "Meh". Then Cooper asked "have you played it?" and you replied "...No" That moment stands out in my mind, because for me that's highly unprofessional. Expressing an opinion, whether negative or positive, about something you haven't even experienced makes you sound biased and uninformed. And well, forms of this HAVE popped out in other instances as well... That being said, I don't hate you. Nor do i really dislike you, if i did, I wouldn't even listen to Cape Crisis. (Which I DO genuinely enjoy, even though I don't really read comics.) But am I gonna lie and say you're one of my favorite editors? nope, sorry.
  • Net_Bastard - April 15, 2012 2:35 p.m.

Meh, at least he's better than Matthew Keast. Yes, I'm still mad about how he gave Serious Sam 3 a 6 out of 10 with a review that looked like it was written by a 4th grader.
  • BladedFalcon - April 15, 2012 4:28 p.m.

Yeah... I often also disagreed with Keast as well. But I don't think it was because he was a fan-boy or talked without knowing the game so much as it was because he wasn't really very good with difficult games XD ...And for some weird reason, they kept assigning him to review old schoool, difficult games he ended up scoring lower than they usually deserved. That being said, I actually enjoyed the way he wrote, specially with some games that weren't as hard and such.
  • NEPAL - April 14, 2012 10:18 p.m.

What about the UK editors?
  • slimjim441 - April 14, 2012 11:17 p.m.

UK editors are my favorites for sure. Closely followed by Henry, mostly because he not only knows about games, but comics, too. And as we all know, comics are the shit.
  • BladedFalcon - April 15, 2012 5:50 a.m.

Meh, Cundy's more a clown than he is a gamer. (And even when he DOES talk somewhat seriously about a game, either he's crap at it, dismisses it because it's not his type of gameplay, or fails to take most of their narratives with any kind of respect.) Towell's a cool man but his Sega Fanboyism shines way too often. And Dave's a man with a lot of interesting, often good opinions, but it's just as likely to jam his foot on his mouth when raging about something. Basically, I like them well enough, but they wouldn't be enough of a reason for me to stay in the site, honestly.