• Ocelot - May 2, 2010 9:12 a.m.

I think you lot need to wash the sand out of your vaginas...
  • Craza - May 2, 2010 4:56 a.m.

It's really hard for me to be evil in a game, especially Fallout 3. Blowing up Megaton was what scared me off from the evil path. I just couldn't do it. I was evil in Fable 1 without too much of a problem, but when I got the second one, I just couldn't be as cold-hearted. Jesus, that's long @ ReCaptcha - pro-caspase-9 ninepins
  • plop9004 - May 2, 2010 3:41 a.m.

umm if games have never emotionaly effected you EVER you might need to see a doctor.
  • ChiChiRocket - May 2, 2010 3:06 a.m.

I have to say that my morals kick in in Splinter Cell and Metal Gear Solid. I always do whatever I can not to kill anyone in these games. If death is avoidable, I avoid it (especially in MGS as you are usually rewarded for this). It seems to me that I will take the moral high road if I am given a choice. Not so in Splinter Cell: Conviction. Having lost the ability to not brutally murder people in hand-to-hand combat, I have no problem in doing so. Even when interrogating someone, I always scan my surroundings for the most brutal way to hurt the guy (i.e. stove/paper shredder to the face).
  • jonnie06 - May 2, 2010 12:13 a.m.

Yes saying goodbye to any of your chao in Sonic Adventure 2 (not as bad as people say it is), I practically cried anytime, the music was so sad =(
  • hardcore_gamer1990 - May 1, 2010 11:44 p.m.

Pokemon. Every wild fucker at least 10 levels below me that I OHKO'd with a super effective move... They won't get back up... Especially the Marowak in 1st Gen games ang their remakes, even though it's already dead...
  • hypna - May 1, 2010 11:24 p.m.

I'm not a vegetarian and I don't have much difficulty hunting these animals, but I had an ethical pang when I first harvested horns from an animal THAT WAS STILL ALIVE. In fact you have to do just that to improve your odds of getting the best horns. You knock them out and then start cutting parts off them. The worst part, perhaps, is that it doesn't even make any sense...
  • gmilf71 - May 1, 2010 10:19 p.m.

Dude, SOTC made me so sad.
  • TheCleip - May 1, 2010 10:08 p.m.

Harvesting little sisters, killing kelbi in MH, oh and there was this one time playing GTA 4 when i was just messing around i suddenly stumbelled over one of these crazy people preaching in the street. I pulled out my gun and aimed directly at his head, stod there, threatening him for a while. I was about to shoot his brains out when he said in a clear voice; Do you really want to do that? ... No, i did not want to do that, didn`t play GTA for almost two days after that, and this happened only a few days after i had gotten the game.
  • chaoticCLOWN - May 1, 2010 10:05 p.m.

the main one that comes to mind is Bioshock. on my first playthrough i saved all the little sisters mainly because of the achievement; however, on my second playthrough when i walked up to my first little sister i couldn't bring my self to harvest her even though i needed the ADAM and i was playing on hard. i also couldn't stand there and listen to them cry whenever i took out a big daddy
  • DriveShaft - May 1, 2010 8:06 p.m.

when I tried to play evil in Fallout 3, I still haven't reached level 30, just makes you feel like crap when peoples lives are already fucked and youre throwing salt on the wound. x]
  • Rezindez - May 1, 2010 7:09 p.m.

In Fallout 1, after I left Vault 13, I went to Shady Sands. They were having some trouble with radscorpions and raiders. I killed all the radscorpions without a second moral thought, but instead of just going on my way to Vault 15, I decided "Why not kill the raiders too?" So I infiltrated their camp and killed them off one by one, healing on the World Map after each and every fight. When I finally took all of them out and freed the slaves, I looked around and saw bodies everywhere. These were people I killed. These were PEOPLE I killed. I killed people. Personalities, ties, relationships, I took none into account and murdered every raider in the camp. No matter how bad they were, how much they raped, stole, and killed, they were lying dead, lifeless, and bloodied at my feet. I returned to Shady Sands after that, shaken. I recieved no reward or recognition from the people.
  • TrAnMu - May 1, 2010 7:07 p.m.

Saying goodbye to chao in sonic adventure 2.
  • quicksilver_502 - May 1, 2010 4:01 p.m.

while my conscience has stirred often in rpgs and games that are trying to present a moral quandry, the moment i feel worst about in a game is bioshock. i don't mean the black or white little sister choice. i was exploring and discovered two splicers dancing and laughing together. they hadn't spotted me and i could have just left them to it but i wanted to loot the room. so i put a crossbow bolt in the back of one's head and gunned the other down in a hail of shotgun shells. i felt pretty guilty.
  • AlexMercer1337 - May 1, 2010 1:23 p.m.

Pikmin. Seriously, I couldn't stand sending those adorable little sentient plants to their inevitable doom.
  • Ded - May 1, 2010 11:42 a.m.

I know what you mean here. When I get a game that has you make a choice, I always pick the "good" way even if it makes things a bit harder to play.. although generally most games reward this further down the line. Sometimes I feel like trying out an evil character, but mindless sadism isn't really my thing :D after you've personally killed everyone in town, then what? Where will I repair my hunter rifle now!?
  • philipshaw - May 1, 2010 11:05 a.m.

Shadow of the Colossus is the one that sticks out for me. Also MGS3 when you kill the boss at the end, I felt bad doing that and this was made even worse when you find out what she done for here country
  • darkdispatch523 - May 1, 2010 11:03 a.m.

For the TRUTH go to:: http://www.sovereigntimes.com/
  • jmcgrotty - May 1, 2010 7:08 a.m.

That was the funniest article I've read in quite a while. Please tell me it was a joke.
  • Vitoruss1 - May 1, 2010 6:08 a.m.

In the first Godfather game, there's a moment when you interrogate a warehouse owner (which I was fine with). At the end, however, he said, "You're going to let me go, though, right?? I have a wife and two little kids!" I planned on letting him go, until I realized that you didn't get the choice. My character immediately said, "Everybody loses something," and shot the seemingly gentle, innocent man in the neck and up through his skull. I felt unclean. Also, killing Playboy X as well as Francis McReary in GTA4. And every time that Johnny turned down his ex's love in the Lost and the Damned, I felt like I should've been able to help her on a more personal level.