• ACGUY - July 25, 2011 6:21 p.m.

Let's be honest even though he said Ganon wouldn't appear I call some bs or playful wording on that! I bet you Lord Ghirahim turns into Gannondorf at the end. And besides there's a clear difference between Gannondorf (guriedo) and Ganon (beast). And in a previous article I read from you guys they not only said it would touch on how Gannondorf comes to be, but also it says how the game progress that Ghirahim becomes more ruder supporting my theory. http://wii.ign.com/articles/11... Sorry, but I'm fine with a Zelda game without Gannondorf or Ganon. But I doubt that a story about the creation of the master sword would leave out Gannondorf. I know how the hundred year cycle works. I alos know that Link here is a skyloftian and how in another game he's reincarnated into a hylian now, so what's not to say Ghirahim turns into Gannondorf and that Gannondorf reincarnates into a Gruedo? Although that is also true the Zelda entry also doesn't have a game before Ocarinia that doesn't explain how Gannondorf came to be, or how the master sword came to be. And last I checked the Master Sword the bane of evil was the only thing in all the Zelda games that could kill Gannondorf. "Light Arrows" could only stun him not kill him! And the master sword not having been made and this game showing how it was forged, and Gannondorf not being present in any Zelda game pre-ocarinia. I am sure this game has Gannondorf in it! Not Ganon, only Gannondorf!
  • Z-man427 - July 25, 2011 6:20 p.m.

Meh. A villain is a villain. Maybe this will keep people from saying that Zelda never innovates
  • TastyCakesMcgee - July 25, 2011 6:16 p.m.

I'm gonna go against the crowd here and say that yes, I am sad. The first (and I assume the last) Wii specific Zelda and they aren't even having the staple bad guy. The only thing that eases the pain is what Gorlack312 said. If his LoZ timeline is correct and Ganon(dorf) wouldn't be cannon(dorf?) then I'd be a little more at peace with it.
  • peachguy - July 25, 2011 6:09 p.m.

I'm TOTALLY on board with Ghirahim, I love his creepy style. A second Wii Zelda featuring Gannon would have been too repetitive in my opinion. I'm glad they chose to try something different as opposed to rehashing the same formula. PLUS, this means Ghirahim has the potential to be a new Super Smash Bros. character, which would be totes cool :3
  • Gorlack312 - July 25, 2011 6 p.m.

I like it. Ganondorf shouldn't be in this if it takes place before OoT, and neither should Zelda. Zelda-look-a-like, sure. But Zelda herself shouldn't be in it. She's a Hylian princess, not a .......Skylian?
  • dizzzydragon - July 25, 2011 5:57 p.m.

the timeline is kinda bullshit anyways, Nintendo has never officially released 1 but claim they have 1. gannon or no gannon i still plan on enjoying zelda
  • rabidpotatochip - July 25, 2011 5:33 p.m.

Another vote in favor of Link's Awakening here so I already know I can live without Ganon. My only complaint is that I'm getting sick of prequels for everything; I feel like Merlin, living life in reverse.
  • nemesisuprising - July 25, 2011 5:26 p.m.

Ghirahim looks exactly like vatii would...yeah he's definitely an export character lol
  • DeathByPoke - July 25, 2011 5:16 p.m.

Ghirahim reminds me of Magus from chrono trigger
  • SanctusScorpius - July 25, 2011 5:09 p.m.

Best decision they could have made. Especially after we had Twilight Princess and Zant get hijacked by Ganon. Ghirahim looks and acts totally awesome too, so it's nice to know he seems to legitimately be the main villain.
  • db1331 - July 25, 2011 5:08 p.m.

Nope. Link's Awakening is my favorite, and it didn't have Ganon.
  • Blasto - July 25, 2011 5:03 p.m.

While it's cool that they're doing something different, I think that Ghirahim guy(it's a guy, right?) is beyond hideous.
  • jinxcase000 - July 25, 2011 4:50 p.m.

Ghirahim sounds awful close to Anaghim, from 'Link to the Past'...
  • Nin10DOH - July 25, 2011 4:43 p.m.

It's nice to see them changing it up a bit. I'm gonna miss stabbing Ganon in the head a bit, but Ghirahim should make a good/creepy/Lady Gaga bad guy. What if in Skyward Sword you could see little baby Ganon at one point, since this is the first in the timeline.
  • Gnilres - July 25, 2011 4:42 p.m.

Dragmire?!
  • metroid2099400 - July 25, 2011 4:38 p.m.

Though I do like Ganon as a villain, if Skyward Sword is a prequel to Ocarina of Time it doesn't make sense to have him in the game, since he was introduced as Ganondorf in Ocarina before gaining the power of the Triforce and becoming immortal.
  • EnragedTortoise1 - July 25, 2011 4:34 p.m.

Why not Vaati?
  • jackthemenace - July 25, 2011 4:29 p.m.

ahahaha, ManDrag. I always preferred Vaati to Ganon anyway, so I'm more sad He isn't in it :/
  • icbacomingupwithapropername - July 25, 2011 4:27 p.m.

to be honest I have no affection for gannon so I don't care.