• winner2 - May 7, 2013 noon

Once you go Jack, you can't go back... I am so sorry
  • BladedFalcon - May 7, 2013 12:19 p.m.

I totally can, Jack's easily my least favorite character in the entire series XD It is starting to amuse me how wildly differing tastes you and I seem to have in some cases :P
  • winner2 - May 7, 2013 12:34 p.m.

What can I say, she was so crazy it was appealing lol
  • BladedFalcon - May 7, 2013 1:12 p.m.

...Except she really wasn't that crazy ._. When you properly analyze her actions and what she did, her whole "raging persona" was more of loud show than fact, but in the end, she was pretty damn normal albeit with a small attitude problem. But any psychologist would tell you none of what she had was a pathology. Which is why I dislike the character so much, I jsut think she's very poorly written and is a HUGE walking contradiction. Her supposed backstory and criminal life sounds indeed very dark and filled with nihilistic actions such as destroying an entire moon just because, and never respecting any kind of authority.... And yet soon as she meets Shepard, she immediately follows and obeys his/her every single action like a good little puppy, and even when she started barked and appeared she was gonna go mental... She was always diffused by him. And again, if she was so crazy and filled with hate... How the hell did she end up a teacher for Kids, kids who by the way, she LOVES and in general has done a bang up job as that? She's all bark, but when you look closely, no bite whatsoever.
  • winner2 - May 7, 2013 2:12 p.m.

Crazy as in a fun, hyper violent, rebellious attitude then, if it pleases you. Either way, she was my favorite aside from Mordin. And I guess I just honestly don't care to analyze my characters as much as you do
  • BladedFalcon - May 7, 2013 3:54 p.m.

Curious then, that Mordin happens to be actual favorite character of the all, With Legion being my second Favorite and Garrus the third. And honestly, the analyzing of Jack came after the hate. Again, I simply never felt like her character fit the rest of the universe, her attitude felt overly unpleasant, and she didn't even stay in character that way in the long run. Being a team player in a ship like the Normandy doesn't at all fit the so called "Psychotic" nature that she had. And in order to make her a team player, her supposed nature was completely neutered. She talked dirty, but she never actually did that much hyper violence, or rebellion for that matter.
  • obviouslyadouche - May 7, 2013 1:48 p.m.

So you like Kaden wallpaper more then Jack?
  • winner2 - May 7, 2013 2:14 p.m.

I hated Kaden so much, it was actually a contest between him and Ashley on who had to die. I wanted them to both get nuked. Most vanilla, boring ass characters in recent memory.
  • BladedFalcon - May 7, 2013 3:46 p.m.

Yep, at least Kaidan's character was consistent, and his actions made sense. He might not have been terribly interesting, But at least he didn't look stupid in a misguided attempt to make character feel "edgy" and "pshychotic" like Jack was. Kaidan's character, as well as almost everyone else, fit the space opera perfectly fine, Jack really didn't, what with her too free use of course words without any real purpose, in that sense, she reminds me a lot of New Dante.
  • occasionalgoldfish - May 7, 2013 11:41 a.m.

Lets be honest... Larry deserved what happened to him.
  • BladedFalcon - May 7, 2013 11:28 a.m.

Ahh, here we go, more week of hate! yay! And well... Can't disagree with most of these, specially Asura and Kratos. HOWEVER I think Jack from the Mass Effect series doesn't belong in this list, at all. For starters, her attitude isn't really much of one filled with searing hatred as it feels more like someone who's just jaded and in general distrustful of mankind due to everything that was done to her. And when she supposedly gets "angry" save from when you meet her, she never really ends blowing up with rage anyway. Shepard always defuses the situation or manages to reason with her. That doesn't sound like someone consumed by hate to me. Not to mention, that any semblance of her hatefulness is completely destroyed in the third game. She might still have her rebellious attitude, but no longer any of the hate. She became a teacher for young kids for fuck's sake!