• winner2 - May 7, 2013 noon

Once you go Jack, you can't go back... I am so sorry
  • BladedFalcon - May 7, 2013 12:19 p.m.

I totally can, Jack's easily my least favorite character in the entire series XD It is starting to amuse me how wildly differing tastes you and I seem to have in some cases :P
  • winner2 - May 7, 2013 12:34 p.m.

What can I say, she was so crazy it was appealing lol
  • BladedFalcon - May 7, 2013 1:12 p.m.

...Except she really wasn't that crazy ._. When you properly analyze her actions and what she did, her whole "raging persona" was more of loud show than fact, but in the end, she was pretty damn normal albeit with a small attitude problem. But any psychologist would tell you none of what she had was a pathology. Which is why I dislike the character so much, I jsut think she's very poorly written and is a HUGE walking contradiction. Her supposed backstory and criminal life sounds indeed very dark and filled with nihilistic actions such as destroying an entire moon just because, and never respecting any kind of authority.... And yet soon as she meets Shepard, she immediately follows and obeys his/her every single action like a good little puppy, and even when she started barked and appeared she was gonna go mental... She was always diffused by him. And again, if she was so crazy and filled with hate... How the hell did she end up a teacher for Kids, kids who by the way, she LOVES and in general has done a bang up job as that? She's all bark, but when you look closely, no bite whatsoever.
  • winner2 - May 7, 2013 2:12 p.m.

Crazy as in a fun, hyper violent, rebellious attitude then, if it pleases you. Either way, she was my favorite aside from Mordin. And I guess I just honestly don't care to analyze my characters as much as you do
  • BladedFalcon - May 7, 2013 3:54 p.m.

Curious then, that Mordin happens to be actual favorite character of the all, With Legion being my second Favorite and Garrus the third. And honestly, the analyzing of Jack came after the hate. Again, I simply never felt like her character fit the rest of the universe, her attitude felt overly unpleasant, and she didn't even stay in character that way in the long run. Being a team player in a ship like the Normandy doesn't at all fit the so called "Psychotic" nature that she had. And in order to make her a team player, her supposed nature was completely neutered. She talked dirty, but she never actually did that much hyper violence, or rebellion for that matter.
  • Mastanvx - September 2, 2014 5:07 p.m.

That was the point, and I guess it could have been handled better, sure, but she was actually still a scared little girl trapped in her past and lashing out. The fact that she wasn't a psycho killer murdering everything in sight is a remarkable show of will from someone with such a dark past. In the end she may have respected Shepard because he/she commanded respect with their presence and persistance. He/She looked at her and thought "You're a useful tool." Shepard was probably one of the first in a long time to look at her and see a person, not a weapon or experiment or what have you. That's what she really wanted all along.
  • BladedFalcon - September 3, 2014 12:05 p.m.

...Except some of the stuff she supposedly did before she met Shepard DOES point to the fact that she was a psycho killer murdering everything in sight. Again, she murdered civilians, and destroyed an entire fucking moon for shit and giggles, and when she tells this to Shepard, she sounds so very proud of it too. So you can't really chalk up up that she couldn't control it or was lashing out. Her back-story and initial demeanor does point to someone who's definitely a Dxter-grade kind of psycho, but never really behaves like it once she's working with your team, which again, points to very uneven or poor writing to me. To make Jack work, either they should have toned down her initial "bad girl" and "unrepentant killer" backstory and behavior, OR they should have made that kind of attitude have some actual repercussions in the story or gameplay, such as her flat out ignoring your orders, or at one point just murdering someone regardless of what you did. That way, even if EVENTUALLY you were able to get to her and help her change and evolve, at least it would feel more earned. As it stands, to me it feels like the writers tried way too damn hard to make her look "cool" and "baddass" but didn't have the balls to go all the way with what she was supposed to be.
  • obviouslyadouche - May 7, 2013 1:48 p.m.

So you like Kaden wallpaper more then Jack?
  • winner2 - May 7, 2013 2:14 p.m.

I hated Kaden so much, it was actually a contest between him and Ashley on who had to die. I wanted them to both get nuked. Most vanilla, boring ass characters in recent memory.
  • BladedFalcon - May 7, 2013 3:46 p.m.

Yep, at least Kaidan's character was consistent, and his actions made sense. He might not have been terribly interesting, But at least he didn't look stupid in a misguided attempt to make character feel "edgy" and "pshychotic" like Jack was. Kaidan's character, as well as almost everyone else, fit the space opera perfectly fine, Jack really didn't, what with her too free use of course words without any real purpose, in that sense, she reminds me a lot of New Dante.
  • occasionalgoldfish - May 7, 2013 11:41 a.m.

Lets be honest... Larry deserved what happened to him.
  • BladedFalcon - May 7, 2013 11:28 a.m.

Ahh, here we go, more week of hate! yay! And well... Can't disagree with most of these, specially Asura and Kratos. HOWEVER I think Jack from the Mass Effect series doesn't belong in this list, at all. For starters, her attitude isn't really much of one filled with searing hatred as it feels more like someone who's just jaded and in general distrustful of mankind due to everything that was done to her. And when she supposedly gets "angry" save from when you meet her, she never really ends blowing up with rage anyway. Shepard always defuses the situation or manages to reason with her. That doesn't sound like someone consumed by hate to me. Not to mention, that any semblance of her hatefulness is completely destroyed in the third game. She might still have her rebellious attitude, but no longer any of the hate. She became a teacher for young kids for fuck's sake!