• Redeater - November 25, 2012 12:07 p.m.

"Hey guys, let's make her a 16 year old rave girl with gigantic tits......then we can't possibly screw this one up!!"
  • nintendo365 - November 25, 2012 12:39 p.m.

I thought that Kid Icarus: Uprising and Warhawk were fucking FANTASTIC. they were both so well made and had perfect blends of gameplay styles. On the other hand, Fuck Perfect Dark Zero. The N64 Perfect Dark is my literal favorite game of all time, Goldeneye gets too much praise. Perfect Dark took everything from Goldeneye and turned it up to 11,000. It had better graphics, better storytelling elements, actual voice acting, better multiplayer modes, better guns, and it even managed to bring back a few maps and guns from Goldeneye for the purists out there. It was the new gold standard, and I dont think any game since has really captured the madness the comes from 4 splitscreen players and 8 SpeedSim Simulants. But when I played PDZ, that game was like a slap in the face. It made the characters seem odd and the gameplay was ridiculous. Now it wasnt all bad, it was fun to see how Joanna and the Carrington Institute evolved over the years and to see the origins, but they tried too hard to link up with the original. The guy at the end was transformed into some skinless thing because of "Maian Powers Left on Earth". DAFUQ IS THAT? Even in PDN64 they barely had contact with the Maians. But I digress. Perfect Dark Zero sucked, and P the original was (Insert complimentary word that describes the awesomeness here). The only issue was the Farsight. Fuck the Farsight.
  • 7-D - November 25, 2012 1:01 p.m.

Torcher: Arsonist of Evil 2?
  • ACardAttack - November 25, 2012 1:46 p.m.

Am I the only one who found Chrono Cross to be better than Chrono Trigger? I found the plot and actually dealing with the ramifications of time travel far more interesting than a generic time travel plot? I also really loved Chrono Trigger, but just liked Cross more
  • ChiChiRocket - November 25, 2012 5:44 p.m.

My main gripe with Chrono Cross (aside from excluding the original cast) was that they completely inundated with new, forgettable characters. Instead of a small party of characters are you grow to care about, you're given a small army of people who you will rarely or never use.
  • SentientSquidMachine - November 25, 2012 7:17 p.m.

It was cool having a different party on all of my new game+ playthroughs. The whole mechanism of how some characters become available or not based on choices you made and who was in your party was pretty cool.
  • avantguardian - November 25, 2012 11:39 p.m.

i'm with ya.
  • KA87 - November 25, 2012 2:02 p.m.

Loved Perfect Dark. Too bad the sequal killed it. IDK, how about last years Assissins Creed for all of the reasons that Gamesradars animal editor listed in its anti-game of the year nomination of that game.
  • FOZ - November 25, 2012 3:04 p.m.

Pretty sure Nuts and Bolts isn't "maybe" why the game wasn't very popular, it definitely is the reason. You don't change the genre and the way the game plays entirely and expect people to like it just as much. And Kid Icarus hasn't even been out a year, on a system that's just picking up.
  • shawksta - November 25, 2012 4:42 p.m.

Frankly i find the second Kid Icarus game more forgettable, there are people who dont even know there was a second game. Either way I f*cking love Uprising. Frankly Uprising and Twisted Metal was in the beginning of the year where higher profile games were overshadowing them, so you cant really say "Forgettable" but hey its your list. Nuts n Bolts was a great game, honest to god it is, the ISSUE is how Rare was hyping a 3D Platforming game if the 2006 teaser was any indication and even after the reveal just plain saying "Its the sequel to Banjo-Tooie", which is where the gruff comes from because otherwise the fantastic artstyle and Graphics along with the gameplay make it enjoyable and i liked it.
  • ollyn - November 25, 2012 5:33 p.m.

It's up for debate but any of the recent Tenchu games are forgettable (debate probably forms around whether the originals were memorable in and of themselves). Tenchu 1 and 2 were awesome but (even though I have played them) I just cannot remember the more recent games in any great detail, even the names are eluding me at this moment. As for Panzer Dragoon Orta, I had never actually played any of the other PD games but I loved it and was kind of disappointed there haven't been more games in the franchise.
  • avantguardian - November 25, 2012 11:35 p.m.

oh man, you're totally right. the first two tenchu games were far too good to have earned such a shitty fate.
  • haipayazoo - November 25, 2012 5:52 p.m.

Kid Icarus Uprising and Okamiden are slightly debatable, since they're relatively new and still impressive in their own right. Although I have to highly disagree the inclusion of Chrono Cross.
  • AshLynx - November 25, 2012 6:05 p.m.

I would say Klonoa 2, but most people forgot the first game existed. The GBA games though, they're even more forgotten. All good games though! Ape Escape 3 seems rather forgotten, even though it was easily the best in the series. And has one of the most true to life plots ever: monkeys rule the world with mind numbing TV shows! Ghost Trick is more of a spiritual successor to Phoenix Wright, but it's sadly forgotten despite being more awesome than already awesome Phoenix Wright. People also forgot about Apollo Justice, which I still liked despite not staring Phoenix.
  • sandplasma - November 25, 2012 6:19 p.m.

I really enjoyed Chrono Cross and found it to be one of the few RPGs I actually finished. I also liked Legend of Legaia and I know the sequel wasnt as good.
  • LordZarlon - November 25, 2012 8:11 p.m.

On the subject of Chrono Cross I think it's not being remembered as much as the original speaks more to the fact that the PS1 was home to so many fantastic RPG's that there was simply too much competition. There were possibly more than 50 RPG's on the system and many are viewed as corner stones of the modern Console RPG.
  • avantguardian - November 25, 2012 11:33 p.m.

i imagine there's some truth to that. i personally had upwards of 40 ps1 rpgs, and that took quite a bit of dedication. ahh, the good ol' days.
  • hagaishi-kun - November 25, 2012 8:14 p.m.

I have to say that its sad that Toe jam n Earl 3 was on the list. That was a great game! Yeah the game was getto but there wasnt anything in the game that you dont see in real life! Loved that game and i wish they come out with a HD ver of it, day one buy for me!
  • dragoon713 - November 25, 2012 8:38 p.m.

I believe Monster Hunter 3 should be in here, I played that game 6 months straight every day.