Topics

E3

• Helios - June 21, 2011 4:31 a.m.

I loved the combat, loved the linearity, and I loved pretty much everything else about the game. And I have a feeling that this game is just going to be better. I especially like the addition of towns. I didn't mind their absence in FFXIII, but their inclusion here is a nice touch.
  • BriNk581 - June 21, 2011 4:01 a.m.

I never finished FF13 because of that... and the dull combat
  • taterboob - June 21, 2011 3:27 a.m.

Prediction for "Most likely to consume our lives": Skyrim
  • EricBratcher - June 21, 2011 3:22 a.m.

I'm a little surprised to hear you say you disliked the battle system. Most of us here thought it was the game's strongest feature outside of the graphics. Me? I'm just glad the maps have opened up. Except for the one giant plain, you were always running through a tube - sure, it sometimes looked like a street, or a canyon, or a crystallized lake - but it was always still a tube. And that drove me nuts. This one is already better, though I do agree that it's not necessarily going to bring in more fans. I think it's more giving the existing fans what they want.
  • Yahcoo - June 21, 2011 2:40 a.m.

I agree the battle system was terrible but i still think i'll buy it.
  • wicko - June 21, 2011 2:31 a.m.

Nail on the head with that one, no battle system changes = no buy from me. Honestly I was able to look past the lack of towns and the linearity, but the combat system, easily the worst aspect of the game.
  • Clovin64 - June 21, 2011 1:55 a.m.

Based on what I've seen of it, I really can't see XIII-2 converting the XIII haters, especially since the battle system looks unchanged. As for me, I'm looking forward to this one.