• CUFCfan616 - January 2, 2012 4:54 p.m.

FF13 turned me off with the story that doesn't get going until it's too late, characters that were barely tolerable at best, linear play with only one open dungeon in the whole game and, worst of all, a shocking battle system where you rely on the ai to control two thirds of your party. I'm more excited about the FF10 HD release whenever that will be seeing as it's likely it will miss the 10 year anniversary they were going for, but even then, that's where many of the bad traits that are prevalent in FF13 started from :(
  • coltsfanca - January 2, 2012 6:33 p.m.

FF13 was hit and miss for almost everybody. You either loved it or you hated it...there wasn't really a middle ground. I loved it, the linearity cut out most of the bullshit and stuck with the main story and relying on the AI kept me on my toes to switch paradigms as quickly as I could plus gave me motivation to keep my characters strong rather than just focus on one person. I also like how they got rid of the purely turn based system too. Even though it was less control, things went by a lot faster.
  • BladedFalcon - January 3, 2012 5:45 a.m.

Er... That's debatable. linearity made things simpler, but it doesn't cut the bullshit if if makes you go trough hour long dungeons that are a straight line and have no story in between. it's just filler, and it's arguably even more boring filler because it's just a straight line, only, a VERY LONG straight line. And the combat system is not faster than FFXII's.
  • laurenhiya21 - January 2, 2012 4:49 p.m.

aww, nothing for the wii... Neverdead and FFXIII-2 look interesting though
  • BladedFalcon - January 2, 2012 6:13 p.m.

No offense, but I doubt there will be anything worth it for the wii anymore now that Skyward Sword has been released.
  • coltsfanca - January 2, 2012 6:41 p.m.

^agreed, Nintendo doesn't have much going for them right now except for remakes of great, older games for the 3DS (LoZ: OoT, Starfox), or updating older, great games for the 3DS and Wii (Skyward Sword). Other than that...the only thing I'm a little bit interested in is the Wii U.
  • shawksta - January 2, 2012 6:52 p.m.

Actually, we still got Xenoblade to come in the US(God knows if the others will make it), Rhythme heaven Fever(A greatly unique game who people forget Nintendo Owns), and its a long shot, but we still got Mario Party 9, which can possibly Suprise us since 8 was in the beginning of the wii and 9 in the end, there's too many party games on the wii that Nintendo needs to step it up to make 9 even worth mentioning. They did the same with Galaxy and Skyward, hopefully they'll do it here too. Obviously non will make it as big as Skyward Sword(Except maybe Xenoblade) but they wont be ignored either.
  • BladedFalcon - January 3, 2012 11:47 a.m.

Well, regarding Xenoblade, it has already been released in Japan. So it's more of a delayed release here than an actual new game. Though I suppose it still counts as something to look forward to. Rhythm Heaven fever looks pretty fun, but it's far from being something big and probably not very noticed on the west. As for Mario Party 9... Meh, let's be honest, that's a zombie horse that still keeps getting beaten to death. Sure, it might be decent, but nothing truly great nor revolutionary, since really, no Mario Party has ever been that great to begin with.
  • n00b - January 2, 2012 4:48 p.m.

Onechanbara Z Kagura comes out January 19 though thats japan only.
  • Clovin64 - January 2, 2012 4:31 p.m.

Soul Calibur V is released on the same day as FFXIII-2? Oh darnit.
  • g4m3rk1dd - January 2, 2012 4:21 p.m.

only 2 games im looking forward to this month are FF13-2 and NeverDead... wish i had the dough to preorder 13-2 and get the boss toon in my party D:
  • McSpermie - January 2, 2012 4:14 p.m.

Wait the new dialogue in the Silent Hill remakes is optional? If so I just became interested.
  • SGTCOOL - January 2, 2012 5:17 p.m.

Well it's now optional for Silent Hill 2 since all those original voice actors came to an agreement with Konami. Signatures couldn't be gotten by all of the actors for Silent Hill 3, unfortunately. So new voice overs are mandatory for that one. But 2 is my favorite so I have to get this now.
  • McSpermie - January 2, 2012 5:44 p.m.

Ah, damn. That's still better than nothing though, maybe I'll get this game when it's on sale.
  • BladedFalcon - January 2, 2012 4:14 p.m.

Eh, the whole month looks slow to me, including that last day. I'm pretty Jaded with SCV since it's really been more of the same since SCII and without much change or improvement. And FFXIII-2 made "Improvements" on FXIII in all the unimportant areas if you ask me. And the story looks to be even more shit than the one in FFXIII. Really, the only game this month I'm mildly interested in is NeverDead, and even that one is very Dependant on overall reception. I like a lot of the concepts of the game, but I'm still pretty wary of their final execution.