Topics

Recall

• wadesmit - December 12, 2012 11:46 a.m.

Haha, great article. Had me laughing quite a bit.
  • JarkayColt - December 12, 2012 11:39 a.m.

Wow, interesting, I didn't know about some of these or the true reasons they were recalled, the Mario Party one especially. I remember seeing the notice about that on Nintendo's site and thinking it was quite bizarre. I can't think if the recall happened before the game actually released or not. Anyone know? It's just I can't shake the feeling I saw the original line used on my copy. Then again it's not like I've played the game in a while. Also, this isn't really quite the same thing, but I also remember when Brawl came out there was a large "recall" of actual Wiis, because Nintendo didn't forsee dustclogged consoles rendering it unplayable and therefore essentially decided to clean them all. I only remembered that because the shop I bought it off thought it might be an issue with the game, because a lot of people (myself included) decided to take the disk back to swap it for another as their first impulse (also this was before the official release date, which made it even worse). Pretty weird situation, anyway. So maybe there's another article in hardware recalls? :U
  • jackthemenace - December 12, 2012 11:25 a.m.

I've never really understood the deal with recalls- are you supposed to take copies you've already bought back to where you bought them for another copy? Or are they only relevant for copies that haven't actually been sold yet? Either way, the stuff about the Qur'an just seems a little bit nit-picky. I get that it's technically blasphemy, but none of these things were exactly intentional, and to kick up such a fuss seems OTT to me.
  • Sinosaur - December 12, 2012 12:48 p.m.

Having worked at a service desk, I know that at least where I worked you could take the product back to the store and get your money back for it. I know this because I was working the desk during the period in which a number of cribs were found to be dangerous to babies and Aqua Dots, a children's toy, acted as roofies if swallowed. If you have already purchased the product, you either return it to the store or get in direct contact with the manufacturer. ...Or do nothing if the recall isn't going to cause the death of your children and you don't give a crap, such as with the copy of GTA: San Andreas I still have.
  • robertpopovic - December 12, 2012 11:24 a.m.

Also more recently an online map of Moder Warfare 2 was taken down (I think it's the favela level) because of some writing from the Quran on a mirror in a bathroom. Next to the toilet or something like that. Oops.
  • Cwf2008 - December 12, 2012 2:19 p.m.

Yet not a single shit was given if you used a nuke on that map, which probably took out the giant Jesus statue
  • letric5 - December 12, 2012 4:59 p.m.

XD
  • shawksta - December 12, 2012 6:47 p.m.

Yeah except thats not an act of disrespect, its a Nuke.
  • ChiChiRocket - December 20, 2012 8:30 a.m.

I've never been nuked before, but I'm sure I'd find it quite offensive if I was.