• shawksta - December 10, 2012 5:39 p.m.

Nice touch of having your conference after the video. Really great choices, this year was one hell of a great year. The choices are no different, besides Borderlands 2 and Kid Icarus Uprising being my top favs, I enjoyed Far Cry 3 just as i expected it, The Walking Dead was just touching and im against all the naysayers babbling a Visual Novel isnt a game. Journey is one heck of a work of art, and Dishonored is just breath of fresh air on familiar ground. Good luck to all games, your all winners for being Nominee's!
  • rainn'sgaydar - December 10, 2012 7:12 p.m.

I'm torn between which to start between Dishonored and The Walking Dead. Suggestion?
  • BladedFalcon - December 10, 2012 7:54 p.m.

Had both games in queue until a few days ago. I chose the Walking dead first, and i think it was a good decision. Mainly because it's probably far shorter than Dishonored, and it will take you less time to beat it, and so you will be able to get what the hype is all about while the whole GOTY thing is still on full steam. That being said, I think it pretty much just comes to personal preference if you plan to play both anyway. If you've played too many FPS or stealth games like say, hitman, maybe the walking dead can serve as a nice palette cleanser. Conversely, if you've played post-apocaliptic, or choice driven RPGs, then maybe dishonored? XD
  • rainn'sgaydar - December 10, 2012 10:06 p.m.

Thanks, I chose The Walking Dead because everyone seems to be talking about it and it seems like a conversation I'd like to be a part of. I actually just finished up a platinum run of LA Noire. As point and clicky as LA Noire is, I'm wondering if I should have gone the other route, but having just finished Episode 1, I don't regret my decision. Even though I had the final decision of Episode 1 spoiled for me months ago, the emotions it evokes are gripping.
  • rainn'sgaydar - December 10, 2012 4:15 p.m.

My vote would be for Mass Effect 3. But Dishonored will have its chance to change my mind soon. If I was guessing what you guys picked, I'd guess The Walking Dead, which I have also yet to dive into.
  • oryanbelt - December 10, 2012 4:08 p.m.

The lack of Borderlands 2 saddens me.
  • shawksta - December 10, 2012 10:42 p.m.

I second that, but it was still one heck of a year
  • winner2 - December 10, 2012 2:37 p.m.

I'll have to vote dishonored since I havn't played the others. Still worthy of GOTY IMO though.
  • ninjaemperor - December 10, 2012 2:20 p.m.

1, it's great to hear Platinum chalice awards are still happening, 2, Journey should take this.
  • taokaka - December 10, 2012 2:11 p.m.

what, no mass effect 3? I was still going to say journey anyway but mass effect 3 deserves a spot on the competitors list.
  • taokaka - December 10, 2012 2:13 p.m.

whoops my bad just remembered it was in the video and looking at the banner for a recap. but still I am outraged mass effect 3 is not on the banner.
  • oryanbelt - December 10, 2012 4:07 p.m.

It is on the banner though. Its to the very right. It has an Asari with a sniper rifle and a Volus.
  • Dante1924 - December 10, 2012 6:01 p.m.

... That would be XCOM.
  • Hobogonigal - December 11, 2012 5:58 a.m.

I'm surprised that you would say journey. I never realised that you enjoyed it that much?
  • ventanger - December 10, 2012 1:54 p.m.

What a tough choice. I don't envy the burden you share. I almost think the best way to figure out a winner is for each voter to pick 3, and then see which game shows up the most, but I'm almost certain that would make for a clear win for The Walking Dead. Maybe for good reason?
  • BladedFalcon - December 10, 2012 1:31 p.m.

Hm... for me, It's The Walking Dead so far, but then again, I haven't played Dishonored, X-Com or Far Cry 3 yet, and all those three are games I am really looking forward to.
  • Rub3z - December 10, 2012 1:27 p.m.

Holy bejeezus. Between Far Cry 3 and Dishonored, between the mind-blowing return offerings of Max Payne and the Master Chief, and the emotional escapades of Journey and the Walking Dead (and I haven't played XCOM, but I heard it was also really, really good)... Dang. You guys have a hard job. I kind of feel sorry for you. These are some excellent, different games. If I were in your place I'd probably side with Max Payne 3 or Dishonored on this one, but seeing as I'm not you I'm going to nominate Super Hexagon.
  • bobob101 - December 10, 2012 1:22 p.m.

Clarify this for me, is there still going to be a Platinum Chalice awards this year? I hope there will be.
  • GR_HenryGilbert - December 10, 2012 1:25 p.m.

Yes, there will be Platinum Chalices next week after the rest of our GOTY awards have been posted.
  • jackthemenace - December 10, 2012 2:01 p.m.

WOOOHOOO. I was getting anxious for a little while there. I was worried that the new design for the site meant a new way of awarding the best games too, and I'm not ready to let go of the Chalices just yet. Anyway, of the lot of the, I'll have to say Dishonoured, purely because it's the only one I've played. Little disappointing, though- I thought that even Darksiders 2 was better, frankly. Still waiting for the right moment to get Journey, and I'm hoping to snag The Walking Dead when it comes out at retail in a few weeks.