• Rub3z - December 10, 2012 10:42 p.m.

Okay, scrolling down, I think some people are taking the language way too seriously and are actually voting based on who has better headgear. Really, who would win in a fight is much more interesting. Consider!: -Magic. Okay, sure, the Dragonborn obviously has access to some stupidly powerful mystical abilities, including the obvious FUS ROH DAH. But most of these are considering he can even see, much less hit, his target. Are the Dragonborn's stealth capabilities on a level anywhere near Corvo's? Where both mysticism and stealth are concerned, do the Dragonborn's powers extend into the manipulation of time, matter and space as Corvo's do? Corvo, after all, can: -Slow down or completely stop time, allowing him free reign to make maneuvers or use items to his advantage -Friggin' teleport distances up to about 30 meters or so -Take the form of other people or creatures by possessing them -Summon a swarm of rats to devour his opposition (admittedly, the Dragonborn has slain greater beasts) -even claim a kind of Fus Roh Dah equivalent with Windblast. Okay, by comparison to FRD it looks like a particularly forceful fart, but still... it has the power to lift a human off their feet and kill or seriously injure them on impact, so yeah. Let's also not discount equipment. Where armor is concerned, Dohvahkiin obviously has Corvo's getup (badass as it is) beat, what with its magical enchantment and stuff. He'd probably also have him beat in a straight up, face-to-face sword fight, owing to his immense power. Corvo could be very hard to hit, sure, but even assuming Corvo's ability and reflexes with the blade far outmatch anybody's, one hit from the Dragonborn would probably slice him and his sword right in half. And probably set him on fire and inflict both halves of him with a poison status effect, too. However! Even though Dohvahkiin may have Corvo beat where the sword, armor, and shield is concerned, does the Dragonborn have access to any kind of firepower? You could argue that he could have a bow, and a very powerful one at that, but there's no way it could match the accuracy and rate of fire of Corvo's own handheld crossbow (which can also be outfitted with explosive bolts), much less Corvo's own friggin' GUN, which, incidentally, can also be equipped with explosive rounds that could blow a person's limbs right off. It's capable of rapid semi-automatic fire with a four round magazine, and has a very speedy and badass-looking flip-reload. He also has access to other very explosive and dangerous bombs and traps. Combined with his own powers of time manipulation and teleportation, Corvo could have the Dragonborn surrounded by a deluge of explosive and ballistic elements coming at him from all directions, all at once. With a swarm of rats outfitted with razor wire traps for good measure. Now, you could argue that the Dragonborn does have access to some very real and very scary amounts of firepower in the form of powerful destructive spells, but again I argue that it's a case of whether he can see and hit his target with them, which in the case of Corvo is a very, very slim chance. Given that most of these spells in question have a sort of wind-up before they are cast, it would be all to easy for Corvo to react by teleporting safely out of harm's way. But hey, given the ever-changing nature of the Dragonborn depending who the player cares to manifest him as, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe there's something I'm not accounting for. I'm just suggesting... superior maneuverability + time manipulation + fast-firing ballistic weapons + an absurd amount of explosions + the ability to possess your target + the potential for merciless, badass one-hit kill backstabbings via stealth or teleportation = win. The Dragonborn may be able to manifest as a sort of powerful wizard or mystical warrior, but Corvo is a completely silent, sneaky-as-hell, teleporting, time-stopping wizard. With a whole bunch of bombs and a gun. You be the judge.
  • Stabby_Joe - December 8, 2012 11:59 a.m.

What's Dovahkinn's skill set, race, gear, level, specialty etc? Hard making custom characters verses scripted.
  • KA87 - December 8, 2012 5:15 a.m.

They are both mute and let everyone else do the talking for them. They know deep inside that their action speak louder than their words so they don't speak at all. Sidenote, why does Bethseda suck at giving their character a name? Dragonborn and the Carrier (New Vegas). Owh, I am the almighty Carrier and my name will strike fear into the hearts of all who hear my name.
  • IamTheBalance - December 8, 2012 8:28 a.m.

Because they want YOU to name your character as you see fit for RP purposes.
  • KA87 - December 8, 2012 2:14 p.m.

Who cares if I named my character Jake or Deathman if everyone is still going to call you Dragonborn. Whats the purpose of giving them the name if no one will use it?
  • Hobogonigal - December 8, 2012 7:31 p.m.

Because at this point in time, text to speech sounds really bad. Also, nothing wrong with drsgonborn, that's cool, but I see your point with carrier; not the best of names to choose.
  • Clovin64 - December 8, 2012 4:41 a.m.

Corvo has the best head gear by a mile. Its got useful functions like zoom-in eyes, and it looks terrifyingly BADASS. Dovahkiin on the other hand doesnt necessarily wear headgear at all the if the player chooses not to. If you avoid the main quest, you don't even have to be the dovahkiin. Or anything for that matter.
  • taokaka - December 7, 2012 11:37 p.m.

I think the question about who has the better head gear may have been sarcastic...... or was it ....... of course it was ....... not.......gahhhhhhhh I can't tell. But if it is sincere then despite corvo having the some useful headgear that lets him zoom in dovahkiin can enchant his headgear for a range of abilities and look amazing in his daedric headwear.
  • meghanlambert - December 7, 2012 8:26 p.m.

Aaliyah. I agree that Cheryl`s remark is neat... on friday I bought a new Lotus Elan after I been earnin $7097 this past four weeks and in excess of $10k this past-munth. without a question it is the most-financially rewarding I've ever done. I began this six months/ago and immediately was bringing home at least $72 per-hour. I follow this website..WWW.GoogleJob.MEL7.COM
  • nintendo365 - December 7, 2012 8:21 p.m.

I voted for Dovahkiin since I think he has the most experience with multiple types of enemies (Human, Animal, Beast, Demonic, AND Dragon) and hes got more varied weapon types at his disposal plus supernatural armors. And If that isnt enough, hes got Shouts. How is Corvo gonna stop a Soul Tear Shout?
  • DRAGONJ - December 7, 2012 7:32 p.m.

Well considering, I think Skyrim is way overrated, I voted for Corvo. Corvo's MASK, not helmet is seriously useful letting it become a telescope or for just hiding his face, also it is much more appealing and cool. While the dragonborn doesn't really have a helmet or mask, as you can go through the get with different wears and even none at all, but even so they do little to actually help.
  • xx_CaPTiiN_SpAiiN_zz - December 8, 2012 1:48 a.m.

underated actually condsidering hardly anything can match up to it as an open world rpg set in a fps style even though morrowind was very good i dont see anyone coming out with a game like skyrim...
  • screwuguys - December 7, 2012 4:18 p.m.

I think people aren't reading the question, and just basing their vote of the fact that Skyrim is in it. It's a battle between useful headgear, and Carvo's is far superior as it provided tactical uses, allowing the player to observe opponents at a distance. Some people didn't even use a helmet in Skyrim, let alone the horned one.
  • nintendo365 - December 7, 2012 8:27 p.m.

No, I think YOU arent reading the question right. They only used headgear st the qualifier of what 2 to choose. The rest was about them fighting to the death, nothe the use of the phrase "Lock Horns" = Fight. And plus the Glass Helmet makes Dragonborn look like Rey Mysterio. He'll give Corvo a 6-1-9 and end it early.
  • screwuguys - December 8, 2012 8:10 a.m.

"Who's got the more impressive headgear?" This is literally on the poll before you vote. It's not a death match, it's a question of who's helmet was better.
  • IamTheBalance - December 8, 2012 8:26 a.m.

^ This guy gets it
  • winner2 - December 7, 2012 2:37 p.m.

Dovakhiin has more tools at his disposal and he can launch surprise voice attacks. He can also have crazy strong equipment,fill any fighting style, and can turn into a vampire lord or werewolf. Corvo's pretty legit and I loved his game to death (also, he might get more votes due to game release proximity), but I just don't think he can beat dovakhiin. He/she's just too strong.
  • GoldenEagle1476 - December 7, 2012 4:05 p.m.

The question being asked is who has the more impressive headgear. I gave my vote to Corvo, because some people didn't even use the horn helmet, or a helmet at all for that matter.
  • winner2 - December 7, 2012 4:43 p.m.

Ah, my mistake. I just assumed it was a fight again so fast I didn't even look at the question. I'm not sure on headgear though. Corvo's: anonymity, scope,intimidation,and protection. Dovakhiin: variable in everything depending on player.