• DorsalAxe - February 10, 2011 3:25 p.m.

"It should be noted that we were still playing an early build of the game" Wut. But seriously, I'm looking foward to playing this. I played Duke 3D a couple of weeks ago, and there are still concepts from that game that have never, ever, been repeated anywhere else. Perhaps it's a relic of the 90s, but I honestly think it'll be really refreshing in the age of Halo and COD.
  • DryvBy - February 10, 2011 2:42 p.m.

How could Postal's pee humor tick anyone off? Peeing on people was hilariously disgusting.
  • Japanaman - February 10, 2011 2:37 p.m.

It's time to play Duke Nukem and chew bubblegum and I'm all out of bubblegum!
  • gilgamesh310 - February 10, 2011 12:58 p.m.

I really can't wait for this game. After being dissapointed by the Bulletstorm demo it looks like DNF will truly be the game to bring the fun back to the genre. I don' understand what the author was on about whenhe said that leaving mines to blow up the enemy reminded him of Doom and Serious Sam. You never had any mines in them.
  • rubblemaker - February 10, 2011 12:28 p.m.

'It should be noted that we were still playing an early build of the game' Jesus christ, 12 years of development, picked up by Gearbox, reworked, rebuilt, re-whatever, release date announced and you're still only playing an 'early build'?? You'd think with a release date looming and all thats happened to this game they'd have the common sense to use something a little more stable and polished than an 'early build' to promote it. Mind you, having said that, this games been promoting itself for years purely through notoriety.
  • TheElephantManchurianCandidate - February 10, 2011 10:47 a.m.

I played through D3D so many times on N64 I wonder if this game will have as much replay value
  • Anjaneya - February 10, 2011 10:39 a.m.

I'm looking forward to this - I don't play modern shooters at all, but used to love playing Duke 3D as a teenager!
  • smallberry - February 10, 2011 9:16 a.m.

Fighting the boss on the football field was from Duke Nukem 3d. He kicks his eye through the goal and then craps down his throat while reading the paper.
  • ricochetguro - February 10, 2011 8:46 a.m.

I wonder if he'll be holding a duelshock controller replica in the ps3 version;
  • flabslapper - February 10, 2011 8:43 a.m.

HATERS GONNA HATE YOU MAD CUZ YOU FAKE LOL YOU MAD CUZ DUKE CAN DO SOMETHING THAT YOU CAN'T HATERS GONNA HATE
  • Tomsta666 - February 10, 2011 8:39 a.m.

Let's be honest, rose tinted glasses aside. Duke Nukem really is a relic of the 90's. Completely irrelavent by todays standards. As long as it stays ironic, and self referential to that era then it'll work. Judging by the trailer that seems like where it's going and I applaud Gearbox for doing that. Me persoanlly, I'm totally spent with FPS' these days, but I am looking forward to this one. Because I am a relic of the 90's too.
  • tuomotaivainen - February 10, 2011 7:06 a.m.

Duh duh DUH! Duh duh DUH! Duh duh dunununun! IT'S TIME TO KICK ASS AND CHEW BUBBLEGUM!!! (And I'm all outof gum)
  • Yaro - February 10, 2011 6:32 a.m.

It does? I see only U and K so I assumed it was fuck but I totally agree Duke is more awesome =) Thanks for clearing that up.
  • XLGirthMan - February 10, 2011 6:28 a.m.

DNF: it shall be even girthier than me!
  • WrathLord03 - February 10, 2011 6:24 a.m.

Sorry for the double post and I'm sure someone else would point this out anyway but... @Yaro. The Duke's controller reads D, U, K, E. Which is much more awesome.
  • WrathLord03 - February 10, 2011 6:22 a.m.

Finally found something to buy between Bulletstorm and Uncharted 3. Hell yeah! All those little details look awesome and let's hope they fix those minor things before May, if they've got time. And no multiplayer? Of course not! The Duke doesn't need friends when he's got an EGO meter, which, by the way is an ingenious idea.
  • Yaro - February 10, 2011 6:22 a.m.

I love the Duke's controller...face buttons read F, U, C, K. I have no doubt this will be awesome.
  • kazimierz3000 - February 10, 2011 5:50 a.m.

Hell yes!
  • drail117 - February 10, 2011 5:50 a.m.

Operation Cock Block is a go Duke. Pretty excited for this. ReCAPTCHA: ietasto Mantesto
  • Robusken - February 10, 2011 5:49 a.m.

Tyler, just reading your preview is getting me amped for the game. The whole self awareness it has going on is the kind of charm thats somewhat hard to come across games now a days.