Topics

Bioware

• DarthKato - September 22, 2012 11:50 a.m.

Lesson 6- Don't fu*k up the ending.
  • CitizenThom - September 25, 2012 12:29 a.m.

Exactly. That is the lesson they can learn. The article kind of suggests that ME3's ending was successful, when the ending was a let down for the trilogy, and even for just the stand alone game.
  • GoldenEagle1476 - September 22, 2012 10:32 a.m.

As long as the combat system is like Dragon Age Origins, I'll be happy.
  • Clovin64 - September 22, 2012 5:11 a.m.

Make it just like DA:O, but with a graphical engine and visual style that isnt complete shite. Keep the combat similar to DA:O. There are way too many WRPG's nowadays that just play like action games with dialogue trees.
  • jackthemenace - September 22, 2012 1:17 a.m.

As everyone seems to have already said, it was pretty much the combat that drove me away from DA2. I mean, the combat in the first one was kind-of simplistic, but at least it was unique, at least in terms of consoles games nowadays. DA2 was just.... SO generic. I guess there was also the fact that nine tenths of the characters that I met I hated, and the story was a pile of balls.
  • Zeedar - September 22, 2012 1:16 a.m.

I'm one of the people, who gave up on completing DAII entirely. It wasn't really the combat system itself that bothered me. Although the constantly spawning enemies were really annoying. I mean how am I supposed to manage my resources if I have no idea how long the fight is going to last? The thing that made me give up on the game is that it has no motivation. Things are jut happening to you and you have no overall threat to fight against. It was just weird. I was running around in the city and everything felt like a sidequest.
  • tehtimeisnow - September 22, 2012 12:36 a.m.

stuped
  • Dante1924 - September 22, 2012 3:59 a.m.

loser
  • Jacko415 - September 22, 2012 7:54 p.m.

Don't feed trolls, dumbass.
  • yonderTheGreat - September 22, 2012 10:01 p.m.

• Tyrande - September 22, 2012 12:29 a.m.

it took me a while to care for DA2 characters, at the end i loved Varric and had fun talking to Isabella and Anders. but i would really like to see Morrigan again, also my freaking Mabari War Hound!! plus Zevran, Leliana and Alistair, i want them arguing behind me. if it feels like DA:O but looks like DA2 i'll probably get DA3, then again even if it sucks i probably would still get it and later complain about it...
  • yonderTheGreat - September 21, 2012 11:57 p.m.

Actually I rather enjoyed *NOT* playing "the hero who will save the world" for a friggin change. I don't need *EVERY* game to do that. And I would have been fine with the single-city location *IF* they didn't re-use the same maps for *EVERYTHING*. I have honestly never been so insulted as a gamer than by that (keeping in mind that insults are related to expectations and past experience in this case). They didn't make DA:O and DA2 directly related, so they shouldn't make DA:I directly related. Oh, and if they choose DA2's combat system, then there's pretty much a 0% chance that I'll be buying this. RIP Bioware.
  • Bloodstorm - September 21, 2012 8:41 p.m.

I was absolutely crap at DA:O, but I loved it. I was turned off by the second game, as was my brother (who was extremely good at the first game, playing it on the hardest difficulty without many problems, and playing it through several times). I want DA3 to be like DA:O. I actually don't want them to take inspirations/lessons from Mass Effect. That's what ruined DA2. I also would prefer the games to not be inter connected. They can share a grand overarching theme, the Darkspawn threat, but I'd like them to be more a story about the world it is set in.
  • avantguardian - September 21, 2012 6:48 p.m.

you should just have all of the winners who gave DA2 a 1 or whatever on metacritic design the game. they'll obviously do a better job, right?
  • joabbuac - September 21, 2012 6:33 p.m.

Origins and DA 2 were not set 10 years apart, DA 2 started just after the start of Origins, as the darkspawn are attacking and at the very end it was about 8 years away from origins. and you cant poison Leliana with the ashes...they cure, not kill. If you pour blood into the ashes she will try to stab you though, forcing you to put her down...
  • Errrrbo - September 21, 2012 6:26 p.m.

I agree with all of these points other than maybe the last one. Instead of suggesting that the series go with either full-on RPG or full-on action, just say that it has to go full-on RPG. There's no reason to beat around the bush.
  • winner2 - September 21, 2012 5:23 p.m.

Agree with all of these points, especially the combat style one. The switch to button mashing did a good chunk of the killing of the game for me. Also, give us back the different equipment to play with.