• philipshaw - April 23, 2011 11:03 a.m.

Great feature and I agree with all of these. I would have added Bentley and Murray in Sly 2 because they really fleshed their characters out in that game and the one that followed
  • CitizenWolfie - April 23, 2011 9:11 a.m.

I said it in your "toughest choices" article and I'll say it again: I'm sure you come up with these features in order to talk about Bioshock some more. Still a great article though. I actually liked Raiden better in MGS2. It seemed the devs were trying too hard to make him cool in MGS4 but I reckon he ended up looking like a reject from a bad anime. At least the first time around you could be in on the joke. And Super Mario Land 3 is one of my favourite games ever :)
  • Adonis - April 23, 2011 7:44 a.m.

Raiden improved in MGS4? He was even angstier and whinier. "It RAINED on by birthday!" Clearly, this unspectacular meteorological occurrence is why your life didn't pan out. You're the ONLY person who wasn't brought into this world with the sun embracing them and dew drops anointing their head.
  • Mamudo - April 23, 2011 6:52 a.m.

I love me some Garrus. Just wish he would have fixed his armor.
  • Yeager1122 - April 23, 2011 6:51 a.m.

Doms new beard is pretty awsome i must agree. Garrus is the man also always brought him on missions with me.
  • TheManTheMythTheCountryKerzikstan - April 23, 2011 6:24 a.m.

Thanks Charlieeeeeeeeee!
  • deathcab4booty - April 23, 2011 6:16 a.m.

The Dom/Maria scene is the first and only videogame cut scene that will reduce me to tears.
  • ChiChiRocket - April 23, 2011 5:50 a.m.

Personally, I think Wario should lose the overalls and wear his Wario Ware outfit exclusively. It makes him much more unique- no longer just a fat, mean Mario clone.
  • FVDub - April 23, 2011 5:19 a.m.

I would also like to add to the Garrus love fest. I will let earth burn to save him from dying. And also might I add Desmond and Lucy from Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood. In the first game Desmond was douchey and Lucy was very cold and distant. The sequels make them much more likeable and even charming. Sorta like a Nathan Drake and Elena Fisher lite.
  • linksawakening - April 23, 2011 5 a.m.

I think Jak from Jak and Daxter was also much better in the sequel. He actually started talking in Jak II.
  • SerpentineZERO - April 23, 2011 4:39 a.m.

I laughed at the circle of naked Raidens
  • xDxP - April 23, 2011 3:57 a.m.

Great freak'n article
  • waffman11 - April 23, 2011 3:31 a.m.

Garrus is the best videogame character ever. Period.
  • FOZ - April 23, 2011 3:12 a.m.

I don't like what they did to Garrus, basically because it prevented him from talking about anything aside from his vigilante murder spree, and his calibrations. Like the first game never even happened, except that's pretty much a running theme through Mass Effect 2. Ken did have this Shoryuken, before SFIV came along and it became Ryu's emergency move to pull off every time somebody tries to do a combo and misses a frame.
  • SausageLozenge - April 23, 2011 3:01 a.m.

I'll always hate Wario as a character.
  • Redeater - April 23, 2011 2:06 a.m.

What would an article Charlie published be without Bioshock on it? Nonexistent! Seriously though I can't hear enough about Bioshock. Part 2 is still one of my favorite games of all time.
  • batmanboy11 - April 23, 2011 1:54 a.m.

Good list, Charlie.
  • nemesisuprising - April 23, 2011 1:22 a.m.

...I kinda just liked raiden in general...lol I just put a giant "kick me" sign on myself didnt I? oh well I stand by my opinion
  • Brutalicus - April 23, 2011 1:08 a.m.

Best article in a long time! The first couple pages summarize many of my favorite characters :p
  • marcBRO - April 23, 2011 12:57 a.m.

Garrus is almost like Batmam.