• mrandydixon - June 30, 2009 7:42 p.m.

@Rattlehead: that's exactly the question I asked. @Cyberninja: you just made me giggle like a girl. And no, you can't date me.
  • Cyberninja - June 30, 2009 7:36 p.m.

@Rattlehead i can dream cant I?
  • Rattlehead - June 30, 2009 7:22 p.m.

Since when is the Sims a story driven game? @Cyberninja:lol yeah right
  • SolidSpartan - July 5, 2009 4:08 p.m.

Yeaah, this got to boring for me to read after reading the first paragraph. I have better things to do...like play video games.
  • hiyohi55 - July 4, 2009 5:46 a.m.

@mrandydixon wow. you are seriously a faggot. "you just made me giggle like a girl."????? that is the gayest shit i have ever heard, holy fuck. oh and i think this is a kinda shitty article. to answer the title of this, no. Jerry Bruckheimer can not attract female gamers. Everyone, girls do not think games are cool. Ok lemme rephrase that. No hot girls think games are cool or interesting.
  • LieutenantCipher - July 3, 2009 11:01 p.m.

I don't think anybody can really reiterate it enough on the fact that the sims has no story. Attracting females? Is he really going to do that? I think not. As far as PoP goes - Pirates of the Carribean was probably the only adultlike thing that could ever come out of Disney. I applaud him for actually going to the game dewvelopers for advice and help witht he movie, but he should've kept Disney out of it.
  • oreomonkey - July 2, 2009 5:22 a.m.

@Everyone Your Pathetic, get a girl the old fashioned way, before the internet relationships were so tough you actually had to be in people's presence and stuff.
  • alanmusician - July 1, 2009 7:11 p.m.

What a joke. I enjoyed Pirates of the Caribbean, but this guy obviously not only does not understand the gaming industry, but also severely under-estimates it. If his example of a story driven game is the Sims, he obviously has done a very poor job of keeping up with the industry. He probably has no idea that games like Deus Ex, Thief, Half-life, Portal, Bioshock, and Metal Gear Solid have already been made. Most of these games had more involved story-telling than Bruckheimer's movies. It's also interesting to note that while many people assume better story-lines will attract female players, that hasn't ever really been the case in the past. None of the games that I mentioned before have appealed widely to female gamers. Portal is probably the closest, but it is at heart a puzzle game; which is the genre that has historically been the most successful with the female demographic. I love these quotes: “I think games are another form of entertaining audiences,” said Bruckheimer. No, really? "Since he’s not a gamer, Bruckheimer keeps abreast of the games business by reading about it." Yeah, that wasn't to hard to figure out. Wonder what he's been reading? I can't imagine any real innovation coming from this. Call me when Roman Polanski makes starts making video games.
  • phoenix_wings - July 1, 2009 6:40 p.m.

lovinmyps3... Actually, "Trekkies" are older Star Trek fans, "Trekkers" are the new ST fans. And it doesn't matter, they're fanboys regardless.
  • lovinmyps3 - July 1, 2009 6:20 a.m.

I keep forgetting the "Pirates" franchise is Disney. So I stand corrected in saying Pixar is the "only" thing worth watching that Disney makes (these days at least). And sorry to comment three times. (Is that Jake Gyllenhaal in that Sands of Time shot?)
  • lovinmyps3 - July 1, 2009 6:14 a.m.

@phoenix_wings They're "Trekies", not fanboys. Sorry, I had to correct you.
  • lovinmyps3 - July 1, 2009 6:12 a.m.

The sims? Story driven? Seriously? And I didn't know there was a Sands of Time movie comming out. I was slightly excited until I saw the word "Disney". Disney Pixar pictures are about the the only good thing Disney is able to crank out lately so I'm extremely disapointed.
  • phoenix_wings - July 1, 2009 5:12 a.m.

@garnsr. I just figured that he'll get a really hot body for POP, and it'll work itself out. Kind of like how a bunch of Star Trek fanboys figured that having Quinto as Spock would get more girls interested in Star Trek. Ugh.
  • garnsr - July 1, 2009 4:27 a.m.

Did this article actually say anything about girl gamers? Maybe I missed the part where he spilled his secret. It mostly just said Bruckheimer knows how to make movies and games and mixtures of the two, I thought.
  • RedOutlive10 - July 1, 2009 2:28 a.m.

I hope they don't screw up. PoP Sands of Time got one of the best game stories ever, it's up to him to make it live to its potential.
  • PinkLenny - July 1, 2009 2:18 a.m.

Cyberninja says "before anyone else say something about it sims is story driven because it the unique story of your sim." That sounds smart on the surface but really, who would watch a movie about the sims and who would read a book about the sims. no one. why? cause there is no story. And going back to the original statement. Girls are more aimed at story driven games such as the sims. Ok, way to generalize girls and make a claim about a game that's not true at all. Proves how much he really knows. Think anyone posting comments right now would have said something like that? No. And by the way @GRwarrior don't tell everyone else what not to argue about.
  • WrathLord03 - July 1, 2009 1:17 a.m.

To those people who think disney can't be kickass, just take a look at a game called 'Split Second'. Although the Prince does look a little confused in that screenshot of the movie...
  • moronboy - June 30, 2009 10:31 p.m.

@GoldenMe Peeps were hating before I left my comment @Cyberninja No your not @shadowmaster Disney will at least be capable of making a movie based on a game that people will be able to sit through the whole movie.
  • GoldenMe - June 30, 2009 10:26 p.m.

FLAME WARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Conman93 - June 30, 2009 10:01 p.m.

If the prince of persia movie is anything like the pirates of the caribbean movie, it will be AWESOME