• CAPTHANSOLO - April 16, 2010 4:19 p.m.

For SgtMentalcase and Tochy: Call of Duty (Infinity Ward) Call of Duty 2 (Infinity Ward) Call of Duty 3 (Treyarch) Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warefare (Infinity Ward) Call of Duty 5 - WAW (Treyarch) Call of Duty 6 - Modern Warefare 2 (Infinity Ward) Call of Duty 7 - TBA (Treyarch) Call of Duty 8 - Modern Warefare 3 (Infinity Ward) Call of Duty 9 - Sledghammer (TBA) Call of Duty 10 - TBA (Treyarch) (TBA) And so on!
  • slowdrum13 - March 31, 2010 5:27 p.m.

Sorry activision, but I already have mw2 so I'm good on cod for at least a couple more years. Besides, it's not an iw game, so it's just a cheap knock off like cod3 and waw. Nobody wants or needs a new cod every year. Stop being greedy before you run this series into the ground like you did with tony hawk and guitar hero. Definitely not buying this, I'll be too busy enjoying mw2. I'm a modern warfare fan now, not a call of duty fan. When IW releases mw3, that will be my next purchase.
  • nik41507 - March 30, 2010 11:44 p.m.

Bay Of Pigs was also a Red Alert 2 map
  • SgtMentalcase - March 30, 2010 9:55 p.m.

Sorry if Im a jerk but this is a big pet-peeve of mine. As Tochy said this is NOT COD7 because there was never a COD6 or COD5.
  • PaulieWaulie - March 30, 2010 5:31 p.m.

I have to admit that until WAW I thought Treyarch were no where near in the same league as IW and to be fair I think that MW2's single player is much better than WAW's but I really think WAW multiplayer was much more balanced than MW2, I hate that MW2 is dominated by assualt rifles and the lag at times makes it worthless. I hope they get it together and make an awesome sinlge player and multiplayer with a decent matchmaking system for PS3. Plus zombie mode was really sound until they decided to rinse it and make to many cynical version of it.
  • TURbo - March 30, 2010 2:32 p.m.

Treyarch at least goes in a different direction compared to Infinity Ward. For example having 4 player campaign co-op. They didn't bitch and whine about it not fitting with the story narrative. Treyarch does the stuff Infinity Ward doesn't do for the COD games. Besides Call of Duty World at War sold just as much as the COD 4 if you count the sales from the Wii and PS2 which closes the sales gap of the COD 4 on 360 and PS3. On regards to the subscription based COD game. Bobby Kotick mentioned that in a way to expand the East Asian market, since subscription games are huge over there, but Asia is not really into games with shooting being the main mechanic. I'm looking forward to COD 7 Black Ops or whatever its called. If in the single player game, they had a mission for example the My Lai massacre. That would be a very memorable set piece that would make people think in a new way about war. Also zombies with more recent guns sounds pretty awesome. Hopefully it doesn't feel like a polished mod. I still think the majority of the animations will be the exact same.
  • pastycaucasian - March 30, 2010 2:13 p.m.

I don't know if it's real or not I think they are trying to get peoples hopes high because of what happen with infinity ward.All I know if it's made by infinity ward then I will get it but if it's made by another company then I really don't want it, and the Call of Duty has just been over done and I am kinda of sick of it.
  • philipshaw - March 30, 2010 9:56 a.m.

Never liked any of Treyarch's COD games, so won't be buying this and also hate Actvision
  • Tochy - March 30, 2010 5:12 a.m.

why is this cod 7 there was never a cod 6
  • awil117 - March 30, 2010 3:50 a.m.

Holy shit. I love Treyarch. As long as they still have Nazi Zombies, I'm good. :D But I loved Call of Duty 3 a lot. That was my first one that played, and had originally gotten me into 1st person games, excluding Halo. But I'm sure whatever they come up with, it will sell millions, like always. GO TREYARCH! KEEP ON TRUCKIN!!
  • BishopofHippo93 - March 30, 2010 2:25 a.m.

@spikeambrose: because of the legal issues following the sacking of the heads of Infinity Ward by Activision, there may not be another MW3, or at least not a true MW3, anyway. @K9unittp: I have heard these rumors as well, and I'm not sure what to think. It would be like Activision to do that and squeeze every last ounce of money from us. I think the majority of people would refuse to pay, but those who are desperate for more Call of Duty, and they are not few in number, will be willing to pay a price provided it isn't too hefty. If Activision is smart, they won't start charging. However, we know Activision is not as smart as we would like to believe by the fact that they unceremoniously sacked the heads of Infinity Ward. Personally, I think the prospect of a new era and more zombies will be the only thing that could possibly persuade me to get this. I've been playing a lot of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 lately, and looking back on Modern Warfare 2, I prefer Battlefield greatly. The Black Ops is definitely the way to go with this. If they put you on the front lines again it would really be little more than a repeat of the American missions in World at War. Also, if you do play as an British SAS agent, it would make things easier on the writers of the game, because America didn't exactly win the war in Vietnam.
  • Cwf2008 - March 30, 2010 1:49 a.m.

Zombies again? HELL YA! But now i gotta choose between the new Medal of Honor game or this game...well i gotta see which ones better i guess
  • CLEIP - March 30, 2010 1:41 a.m.

Fuck yeah! I have to be honest, i hated the campagn of both mw games, my favourite cod campagn however was that of world at war.
  • spikeambrose - March 30, 2010 1:26 a.m.

What about a Modern Warfare 3? The CoD franchise should stick to the storyline of Modern Warfare, for continuity's sake. I mean, they left us with such a cliffhanger at the end of MW2, so it only makes sense that they should continue where they left off, not go back in time to the Vietnam era.
  • Fathios - March 30, 2010 1:14 a.m.

Should've shot for the 11th, lol.
  • K9unittp - March 30, 2010 1:04 a.m.

Has anyone else heard the rumor that Activision might be making CoD multiplayer a "pay monthly service?" If its true i dont think I will ever buy another call of duty title. :'(
  • falloutdeath18 - March 30, 2010 1 a.m.

im a little confused with the date the game is gong to be played on? is it going to be in the past or the future? and the first game im getting would be new vegas then medal of honor and then COD. im already going to start saving money
  • TheIronMaiden - March 29, 2010 9:49 p.m.

dammit. If this release date really is true than I'm stuck between fallout new vegas, MOH, and COD.
  • Sebastian16 - March 29, 2010 9:46 p.m.

The embassy siege makes no sense to be in a CoD game. I don't see a FEW terrorists holding up an embassy in London as a very good setting for the typical "CoD FUCK YEAAAAHHHH SHHOOOOTTTTING" formula.
  • Cyberninja - March 29, 2010 9:15 p.m.

toospliced play resident evil or L4D so many people at my school want me to play cod with them and soon i may give in with this one.