We Recommend

• ChangingtheSpectrum - May 2, 2012 4:01 p.m.

Only buying it for the zombies, and not ashamed to admit it. The multiplayer and campaign are completely horrible, but zombies is fantastic. With a group of friends, it's one of the funnest games you'll ever play. I hope Takeo is still in it, though.
  • river-reifenrath - May 2, 2012 4:43 p.m.

How do you know it will suck? The game isn't even out and you are just hating. You can't base one opinion about campaign or mutliplayer on a previous game. That is like saying that CoD: Mw3's multiplayer will be like CoD: Mw2's multiplayer. Which it isn't even similar. So give the game a chance before making a bias opinion.
  • Cloud1Fair3 - May 2, 2012 7:55 p.m.

Wait. How is MW3 mp not like MW2? You can change the maps, the guns and the killstreaks all you want, but it's the same basic thing. Call of Duty hasn't changed (at least substantially, in that it's formula and substance haven't changed at all) since the first Modern Warfare. That's like saying Uncharted 3's mp isn't like Uncharted 2's even though they added some aesthetically different new content and a buddy system... that's it. I think you're making the more riddiculous claim, unless you care to defend that besides guns and maps and maybe a few game modes,it has changed drastically. It is very, very, similar.
  • Pwnz0r3d - May 3, 2012 4:50 p.m.

I was agreeing with you right up until you made the "MW2 mp =/= MW3 mp." Umm... its the SAME exact thing. There's just small design choices (killstreaks orders, 3 classes of killstreaks, proficiencies (which are just a second level of perks from MW2 that IW "promised" to remove) and that's it. A better analogy would've been between Blops and MW3, whose multiplayer is more different than MW2's (but still similar at a core level)
  • KnowYourPokemon - May 2, 2012 5:59 p.m.

Yeah... no. I've absolutely despised every CoD since MW2. But to say this, the one CoD in years to actually implement new things into the series is complete shit before you've played it is nonsense. By that logic Sonic Generations is bad because there were a lot of Sonic games before it that were bad.
  • BudaBaker - May 3, 2012 7:26 p.m.

I completely agree with you.
  • TheFabricOfTime - May 2, 2012 3:11 p.m.

Love the pun... *fleshed* out
  • aberkromby - May 2, 2012 2:57 p.m.

Graphics look pretty awful from the trailer, honestly. Also some of the "future tech" (like walking drones, and assloads of quadrotors) seems pretty unrealistic, especially for the year 2025. Nice to see them playing with the formula though.
  • Elard621 - May 2, 2012 2:23 p.m.

One word: AMAZING
  • gazzc - May 2, 2012 1 p.m.

Battlefield 2142: CoD expansion
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - May 2, 2012 12:59 p.m.

I hope the graphics are as good as you say they are, because they did not look so great in that trailer.
  • profile0000 - May 2, 2012 12:02 p.m.

Well damn. I honestly didn't see this coming. I am honestly impressed with Treyarch. They seem to have played with the formula big time.
  • KolbitosFruitJuice - May 2, 2012 11:40 a.m.

Its nice to see this franchise actually attempting to go new places. It was getting very stale. Very stale indeed. We'll see if it actually feels fresh when it comes out
  • ObliqueZombie - May 2, 2012 10:07 a.m.

I'm already interested. I won't go off and be that asshole who just hates Call of Duty because... well, it's "cool," but I will say it's grown stale and the community is by far the worst. No, frat boys and slutty girls, you're not a "gamer" for playing CoD and it doesn't make you "cool." But despite the bad taste it leaves in my mouth every once in a while, it's still one of the best multiplayer games to play with friends. It's fun, frantic, and I get to play a few matches before work. I just hope Treyarch doesn't fuck it up, and they deliver on everything they said they would. I'll keep my eye on it, but it'll be far down the list of games I want this year.
  • gondarpwns - May 2, 2012 3:29 p.m.

same here man
  • Viron - May 2, 2012 8:51 a.m.

I said MW3 was my last CoD, why'd they have to wait till now to make it so damn appealing?
  • bboyd - May 2, 2012 8:08 a.m.

Certainly the most interesting looking CoD thus far, but I've yet to be convinced that the gameplay will differ much from previous entries. As for the graphics overhaul. . . sorry, just not seeing it. All in all, they've managed to get my attention here, but they need something impressive to make me enjoy this franchise again.
  • WooddieBone - May 2, 2012 7:56 a.m.

I wonder if Treyarch has Japanese employees cuz this stuff looks like they asked one of them do make the game. He just said "Just pray Metarru Girriu Sorridu and yu sharr have your answers."
  • TheHalfanese - May 2, 2012 2:28 p.m.

You are an idiot.
  • Trooper59 - May 2, 2012 7:12 a.m.

zombies... SOLD!
  • TheHowetzer - May 2, 2012 7:22 a.m.

That's funny, cause the brain-dead zombies are thinking the same thing. "new players...SOLD!"
  • ChristopherDalley - May 2, 2012 7:02 a.m.

In the words of Julius Caesar: I came, I saw, I couldn't give a shit.