• Hydr0ponicK - February 23, 2012 11 a.m.

I remember when purchasing a game at retail price meant that you would get all the content that disc/cartridge contained.
  • cart00n - February 23, 2012 10:53 a.m.

Iactually can't defend this one. I'm just glad I pre-ordered the CE months ago...
  • comaqi - February 23, 2012 10:53 a.m.

I'd care but I really don't give two shits about Mass Effect.
  • christian-shaffer - February 23, 2012 11:02 a.m.

Obviously...
  • KnowYourPokemon - February 23, 2012 10:42 a.m.

So if it isn't part of the core game why is it that there were sound files about this leaked beforehand? If it's a separate download and not the core game this stuff shouldn't be on the disc in the first place. If this had to be like the cerberus network where only people who buy new copies get the extra stuff then I could understand. But to charge people an extra $10 after they've just spent $60 to get the full game on LAUNCH is complete bullshit and should not be tolerated by any means.
  • SirManguydude - February 23, 2012 10:33 a.m.

Sorry guys that we wanted to release a game in March instead of in April or May, so we could finish putting this DLC in the actual game. Videogame fans are all whiny little B****es nowadays.
  • ParagonT - February 23, 2012 1:23 p.m.

Why are you on this site then? Your not a fan of video games?
  • Defguru7777 - February 23, 2012 10:19 a.m.

The problem is that the Collector's Edition has already run out in most places, like Amazon and my local Gamestops. And if it's launch DLC, then it should only be five dollars, maximum. Either that or bundle it with new copies of the game, a la the Cerberus Network in Mass Effect 2. I'm only mad because it's seemingly so important. A Prothean squad mate. And Eden Prime mission. If you'd bundled that with your game, I guarantee they'd see a bunch of people picking new over used.
  • ZhugeLiang - February 23, 2012 10:16 a.m.

How dare they continue to see just how high their consumers' willingness to pay goes! What do they think this is, a business?
  • ObliqueZombie - February 23, 2012 11:36 a.m.

Outrageous!
  • Deathdeisel - February 23, 2012 10:02 a.m.

Really im not bothered by this, I was gunna grab the collectors edition anyways, so yeah. Really its worth it, all the DLC that ive seen for ME turns out great.
  • FOZ - February 23, 2012 9:51 a.m.

No, I don't buy it. Aside from the disgusting amount of dlc (seriously, does the game actually come with guns or do you have to pre-order to get them), what is the point of that? Why, if the main game is already gold, did they immediately start on content, and then that content IS READY BY LAUNCH ANYWAY. This is the same stupid bullshit we've been seeing for half this generation now. You expect me to pay more money for content that not, could have been in the game, but IS in the game, but only if I pay for a Collector's Edition I don't need? Hell no. It's as though Bioware isn't confident this is actually going to be a good game, and they have to trick people into paying $800 for minor content that has absolutely no reason not to be in the game.
  • jackthemenace - February 23, 2012 10:06 a.m.

Well, it's NOT in the game, that's the point- The collectors edition will come with a code to download it, but I agree, to an extent. I'm not saying it shouldn't be made available, but the reason people pay that extra $10 is to get stuff that no-one else can, or at least get it early. Giving to people for the exact same price, on DAY ONE, is pretty stupid, and just alienates everyone who already payed the extra money to get the DLC, if you get what I'm saying? Like, I'd hate to pay an extra £5 to get something in a game that no-one else can get, but then giving everyone else the option to pay he same amount to buy the stuff that was exclusive to the CE, on the same day the CE LAUNCHES, would really piss me off.
  • ParagonT - February 23, 2012 1:26 p.m.

I agree except for the exaggeration in the last paragraph lol. Other people can buy it if they want, but I'll pass on this and be sure to advise my friends to do the same.
  • oneshotfinch - February 23, 2012 9:50 a.m.

Eh, if they tried to include this the game would have been delayed again. I'll wait until I've played the game and the DLC to see how essential it is.
  • KnowYourPokemon - February 23, 2012 10:46 a.m.

If it's not actually on the disc but would be ready for day 1 there's nothing stopping them for making it an incentive to buy the game new like with the cerberus network. Instead of saying "You just spent $60 but if you spend $10 more you get the actual full game on launch!"
  • KolbitosFruitJuice - February 23, 2012 9:48 a.m.

I no longer have the energy to be angry over something like this. Its not the best, but its not the worst either. I just want to play the damn game....
  • jasoncarter - February 23, 2012 9:47 a.m.

I swear, this era of dlc is such bs. It's not that I hate dlc, but DO NOT have it day one when it looks like your just doing a cash grab. This should have just been included in the game period. I'd blame bioware, but honestly, I blame EA more.