• Faustinator - March 21, 2012 6:14 p.m.

K, Release piss-poor conculusion to run-of-the-mill on rails RPG, then release 'real' ending as DLC. Who'd thought...
  • TheLefty - March 21, 2012 5:48 p.m.

All the game needed, in my opinion, was a Fallout style epilogue that shows what happens to the people you met. I really want to know the effect of things like curing the genophage and my other choices. Also, it would be nice to have my choices weigh on the ending more, but other than that I liked the ending. Maybe have it so that if you didn't make the right choices you don't even make it to that last room.
  • SumthingStupid - March 21, 2012 5:21 p.m.

i like the indoctrination and the fight within shepards mind, well thats the theory i agree with but i dont like the fact is how you see shepard breath then its over, that is not really an end to the shepard trilogy and its not far if we have to pay for an epilogue, well i hoope they dont make us pay thwy also shouldnt realease like 90% of a game too
  • R_U_Guys_From_British - March 21, 2012 3:50 p.m.

I am surprisingly glad they've decided to address the endings in some capacity. I thought ME3 was great...bar the endings.
  • veryweirdguy - March 21, 2012 3:02 p.m.

Nerds: "It's ridiculous that they changed parts of Star Wars AGAIN!" The following year: "Why won't they change the Mass Effect 3 ending?!?"
  • Pwnz0r3d - March 21, 2012 5:11 p.m.

Star Wars didn't end with Luke dying when he blew up the Death Star and Han pussied out mid-battle and crash landed on Endor with Chewie and Leia. (Yes I know Lando was piloting the Falcon during this time, just go with it.) He also didn't amass an army of Wookies, Humans, Twi'leks, Ewoks, Jawas, Mon Calamari, Gungans, droids and dozens of other species to do so, and left them stranded in the Endor system because the explosion wiped out their hyperdrive cores if it didn't kill them all.
  • RaaTheGodEater - March 22, 2012 11:44 p.m.

The whole "you guys hate Lucas for changing Star Wars" argument is dumb. -Star Wars was fine the way it was, and yet George Lucas keeps changing it. -The ME3 ending is ridiculously plot hole ridden and badly done. And it can be expanded upon so everything in the ending happened, and yet there are no plot holes and everything ties together neatly. It doesn't even have to be changed.
  • Balaska - March 21, 2012 2:09 p.m.

Srsly, you guys would probably like Se7en to end with John Doe sending a cake by couriers to Mills. Watch past the credits, that's where the real ending is.
  • Canvas_Of_Flesh - March 21, 2012 2:49 p.m.

I don't think the people that dislike the ending dislike it because it's not happy. I rather believe they dislike it because it's disjointed, rushed and poorly written.
  • KnowYourPokemon - March 21, 2012 2:54 p.m.

Not exactly sure how many times this right here needs to be/has been said. It's not like theres pages upon pages of exactly why the ending makes no sense(if the indoc theory isn't true), not that it wasn't happy...
  • BladedFalcon - March 21, 2012 4:20 p.m.

You repeatedly fail to miss the point, aren't you... Seriously, every post you make about this only serves to embarrass yourself further
  • infestedandy - March 21, 2012 6:42 p.m.

Haha, couldn't agree more.
  • D0CCON - March 21, 2012 2:04 p.m.

The main reasons I dislike the ending: It presents you with the biggest choice in the history of Mass Effect games. What is the result of that choice? Nothing except the color of a laser according to the endings. It undoes every action you have done in the entire game. Remember reuniting the Krogan with Salarians and Turians? Or the Geth with the Quarians? Or helped in any struggle at all? Guess what? It doesn't matter because the Mass Effect relays blew up and those races won't ever see each other again because of it. It is sad when most people, myself included, are hoping the real ending was that it was all a dream. That's the most cliched BS ever and it would fit the story better than the current real ending.
  • KnowYourPokemon - March 21, 2012 2:11 p.m.

Well, at least in the indoctrination theory we could, theorestically, still see an ending after that. Unlike most movies where it's usually "Lol just a dream there is no bad guy"
  • KnowYourPokemon - March 21, 2012 2:12 p.m.

Theoretically
  • ARCHANGEL309 - March 21, 2012 3:04 p.m.

You guys gotta remember that their original script was leaked. They had to redo it, so hell yeah it was rushed. I do know that they could've delayed it, but I'm betting EA just wanted to rush it out of the gate and get their money. I'm not saying that it wasn't Bioware's fault, but if it was because the script was leaked, then we owe Bioware a BIG apology.
  • KnowYourPokemon - March 21, 2012 5:06 p.m.

I'd rather have an ending that was leaked and just not pay attention to it and see it myself through the game than... that. The first episode of the new Avatar series was leaked, I doubt they'll rewrite that in the last minute. Sure it would suck for your ending to be leaked, but so what? Other games have info leaked constantly, no reason to rush just to change it.
  • ARCHANGEL309 - March 22, 2012 6:38 a.m.

I know and I completely agree. I and many others skipped the leak because we didn't want it spoiled. Then the people who read the leaked script complained even though it was their own fault. So Bioware changed it last minute. There was originally supposed to be a showdown with Kai Leng on Thessia in which Shepard would have to choose between Liara and Ashley/Kaiden. The god child was also meant to be Javik (The Prothean).
  • ARCHANGEL309 - March 22, 2012 6:40 a.m.

So the game's script, in my opinion, would've been much better if assholes who spoiled the game for themselves and complained about it being spoiled!
  • IsaacShadow - March 21, 2012 3:45 p.m.

Everything The Player/Shepard was fighting for was for nothing. Palaven, Earth, Thessia, Sur'Kesh, and Tuchanka all gone after the Mass Relays blow up...all that toil. Nothing.