• paulhenkelman - December 31, 2013 11:06 a.m.

You really dropped the ball by not including Plants vs. Zombies.
  • Technomancer - December 31, 2013 10:30 a.m.

What about the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned expansion for Borderlands?
  • Doctor_Pancakes - December 31, 2013 7:51 a.m.

Wow yall seriously didn't list ZombiU? Did this site ever play it? Incredible game! I wish it sold enough for a sequel, Nintendo needs to fund it!
  • Vonter - December 31, 2013 12:29 p.m.

Well Zombi U isn't a bad game but its an OK game that puts its effort in using the gamepad, but lacks personality. Although I give it that it has more tension than the most well known modern horror games.
  • Frieza - December 31, 2013 5:43 a.m.

Left 4 Dead > Left 4 Dead 2 And no Dead Rising? Could have sworn that was better than Black Ops 2 at least...
  • jack-hartley - December 31, 2013 11:08 a.m.

Dead Rising should be on the list but only if you are reffering to the second game. The first one was dull and very slow. As for Dead Rising being better than Nazi Zombies...... just get out. Treyarch Zombies is one of the best mini-games ever made.
  • Frieza - January 1, 2014 9:18 a.m.

They were both good IMO, although the second one was better when it came to gameplay. I enjoyed the setting and the characters more from the first than the second. I disagree. While I'll reluctantly admit that Treyarch Zombies is a fun mode, I don't believe it can trump Dead Rising. I felt that Dead Rising's "survive to get out alive" approach to the zombies was more appealing and suspenseful than Treyarch's "fight until you die" approach. I found myself using my brain much more in Dead Rising, while still feeling the suspense and excitement of fighting for my life. To me, it was a much better experience than CoD's zombies.
  • loomis22 - December 31, 2013 3:21 p.m.

Left 4 Dead 2> Left 4 Dead *Fixed
  • Frieza - January 1, 2014 9:19 a.m.

Nah. It takes more than melee weapons and a couple new zombie types to win me over.
  • Jackonomics2.0 - December 31, 2013 midnight

Funny how Zombies in general is an infection, heh.
  • dstroyer6 - December 30, 2013 11:13 p.m.

Why didnt Zombie U even make the list, if your character dies you can fight your own corpse. Come on.
  • shawksta - December 31, 2013 12:10 a.m.

I still want that game when i get the money.
  • BladedFalcon - December 31, 2013 5:35 a.m.

A couple of neat features does not a good game make, specially if the other components of the game are lacking.
  • Vonter - December 31, 2013 12:32 p.m.

Until now I only think the game lacks personality, it has good atmosphere, and death has consequences (which can be both good or bad depending on what you like). Its still decent if just lacking a distinguishable look.
  • BladedFalcon - December 31, 2013 1:17 p.m.

That's pretty much my take-away from it judging by what I've read of the game by professionals. That it's a game with some good and innovative concepts, and very well realized atmosphere... That yet stumbles in the other areas, such as graphics, combat and narrative. So basically, like other zombie games out there, great concepts, clunky execution. Meaning very big potential if done better as a sequel.
  • Vonter - December 31, 2013 4:23 p.m.

That's exactly why I first thought about Dead Space 1 (very good game and with very good graphics) but it could have gotten even better if they had upgraded the strategic dismemberment, make its story more "accessible". Also it could have been better if it had retained its survival horror pace. Sadly Zombi U wil not have a sequel (I blame some reviews being more harsh, since its not a bad game (its more in the middle), also the lack of good marketing in Nintendo's part), because of reception. Dead Space on the other hand I'm curious to see it conclude its story, but the last one is my disappointment of the year and the weakest of the series.
  • talleyXIV - December 31, 2013 6:47 p.m.

Yeah it's a well made game but to put it into a word, boring. I can't find myself playing it more than 2 hours a day, the whole thing feels like a grind.
  • Vonter - January 1, 2014 1:57 p.m.

I admit its not for everyone its as niche as the retro survival horror games. I mainly find it grinding when you die a lot or having a cheap death. Since its like Zelda 2 going all the way back to the starting point.
  • g1rldraco7 - December 30, 2013 10:02 p.m.

Resident Evil has always had a variety of zombies, although Left for Dead changes them up alot. Still it's hard to find a good zombie game that won't make you bored.
  • Vonter - December 30, 2013 9:18 p.m.

I agree with RE4, I miss how those Ganados reacted to a shotgun shot, was fun flinching a group to then end them with a grenade. I will also have put the first Dead Space, even with its few enemy types the dismember mechanic was fresh concept that change a bit the universal trope of going for the head.