• forestfire55 - April 19, 2012 4:43 p.m.

Yes, kotor gets its respect!
  • forestfire55 - April 19, 2012 4:46 p.m.

Republic comando should be here definitely, other than that i dont get how halo 1 and 2 are both on this list and take the number 1 and 2 spot...
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - April 19, 2012 7:06 p.m.

Halo 1 and 2 are the best games on Xbox, that's why. Halo 2 is one of my favorite games ever, glad to see it at number 1. San Andreas best GTA game ever, in my opinion. I think that Splinter Cell Chaos Theory was better than Pandora, however.
  • forestfire55 - April 20, 2012 5:52 p.m.

I agree with everything you said, everything, but i think halo 1 and two are too similar to have them both on the list, let alone right smack dab next to eachother
  • winner2 - April 19, 2012 3:58 p.m.

Glad to see psychonauts and kotor, especially psychonauts. That game was hilarious
  • DualWieldingIsNotFeasible - April 19, 2012 2:32 p.m.

So many games that need sequels. And some that I know will never get them. *Sniff* Goodbye, Bizarre. You were too good for this world.
  • Jrymanz - April 19, 2012 1:06 p.m.

I think Breakdown and Phantom Dust were awesome games. Not many people seem to have played or heard of them though. =\
  • TheSpazzo - April 19, 2012 11:36 a.m.

Where's Chaos Theory?
  • BladedFalcon - April 19, 2012 12:44 p.m.

Replaced by Pandora Tomorrow, probably because GR considers that one to be the best of the Splinter Cell Games *shrugs*
  • ObliqueZombie - April 19, 2012 11:21 a.m.

Also, why was Stranger's Wrath, an Xbox exclusive, re-released as an HD remake for the PS3? I was genuinely excited to finally get my hands on it, but was sadly disappointed.
  • ObliqueZombie - April 19, 2012 11:18 a.m.

Man, these opinions are just tearing up people's lives. Hehe, but really, great list. Sooooo many games here need sequels, or spiritual successors. Namely the Battlefront and, *sniff*, Republic Commando series... both games I thoroughly enjoyed NOW, thanks to the Star Wars collection pack for the PC. So many unanswered questions, so many untapped resources. :C A lot of reason why the original Xbox is another personal favorite for older consoles. 6th generation was a hell of an era.
  • Jesse1066 - April 19, 2012 11:17 a.m.

I have numbers 1, 2, 3, 6, 12, 14, 22, 23, and 24... and I never owned an Xbox. Great games!
  • inkyspot - April 19, 2012 11:11 a.m.

GTA:SA, I had fun with Starwar the Republic (That first person shooter one) MY ex loved Burnout Takedown. You got some good games there. Never played Morrowwind though.
  • FoxdenRacing - April 19, 2012 11:08 a.m.

Armed with this list, it's time to start trawling my local stores. Only got about half of them.
  • ObliqueZombie - April 19, 2012 11:25 a.m.

I was just thinking this. With all these fantastic lists, emulator hubs and stores will be very happy with their sudden sale of retro games.
  • BladedFalcon - April 19, 2012 10:52 a.m.

Halo taking the top 2 spots is kinda depressing, honestly.
  • ObliqueZombie - April 19, 2012 11:14 a.m.

I mean, hey, without Halo, we wouldn't have a lot of games today. I think.
  • BladedFalcon - April 19, 2012 12:12 p.m.

Not really. We MIGHT not have as many FPS today if it wasn't for Halo... Which, seeing how we are fucking over saturated with them, maybe this would have been an actually good thing.
  • ObliqueZombie - April 19, 2012 12:30 p.m.

I'm not talking First-person SHOOTERS--I'm talking about First-person GAMES. Granted, BioShock is a shooter, but there'd be none of that. Probably no Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim, no Stranger's Wrath, and definitely nothing else from that personal perspective. Hell, maybe nothing with good shooting mechanics as it is (on console, at least). See what I mean?
  • BladedFalcon - April 19, 2012 12:43 p.m.

No offense, but that is a stupid assumption. Morrowind came from an already well established franchise long before Halo existed. And good FPS existed in consoles before Halo. (Goldeneye. Need I say more?) Had Halo not existed, only shooters might have taken longer to thrive in consoles, same as multiplayer games, but not first person games in general. Morrowind would have been developed exactly the same for the PC, then ported to the Xbox, same as half life 2, and Doom 3 So I'm sorry, but you're giving Halo undeserved Credit.
  • ObliqueZombie - April 19, 2012 12:51 p.m.

I'm not saying it created FPSs--sure, Goldeneye was around long before it--but Halo redefined it. Now, we're all just making assumptions, but Halo quick-started First-person anything on CONSOLES and consoles only. It didn't start the FPS genre, but it made it a nice little niche on the consoles long before anyone even dreamed it. Hell, people scoffed consoles for FPSs as inferior to PCs at the time. Go play Goldeneye again, today. It's horrendous and nigh-uncontrollable.
  • BladedFalcon - April 19, 2012 2:04 p.m.

"Go play Goldeneye again, today. It's horrendous and nigh-uncontrollable. " Considering that to this day, there are a lot of people that still swear by that game, and claim they play it to this day. I doubt it's as terrible, though yes, the graphics have aged terribly. Still, while all this IS speculation. What I'm trying to drive at, is that Halo didn't really do anything that couldn't have happened on it's own later. Perhaps without halo, it would have taken longer for a developer to come up with a good way to bring the FPS scene to the platforms successfully. But it would have happened eventually. Also: "Hell, people scoffed consoles for FPSs as inferior to PCs at the time." WHy are you using past tense? :P PC gamers STILL scoff at FPS on consoles to this day :P
  • truology - April 19, 2012 6:39 p.m.

Regardless of your feelings of the game halo did so much for the xbox that it cannot be scoffed at. The master chief is so iconic to xbox its like mario to nintendo. Also, while halo did not bring the fps to consoles Halo 2 did define how how fps would work online for consoles. In my opinion Halo 2 defined console online gaming as much as counter strike and team fortress 2 have for pc.