• ldg1414 - October 2, 2012 6:19 p.m.

I generally agree, but come on, is there like a law that says Ocarina of Time needs to be number 1 every time, I mean I played the game, wonderful game, one of the best made games I ever played, but just seems like everyone is caving into popularity with it. No relatively unknown titles on this list either, space station silicon valley was one of the most innovative games on the n64. Donkey kong 64 should be on this list too. Banjo Kazooie is better than Mario 64, it has everything that game has plus more. Banjo Tooie is also better than banjo kazooie, but I guess sequels would take up too much space. Sadly they don't make games like they did on the n64 anymore. We've got mario galaxy, but you're just running through straight forward levels.
  • RonnyLive19881 - April 22, 2012 1:03 p.m.

I would replace Worms(really wtf?!) with Beetle Adventure Racing, that game to this day is my favorite racing game ever made so yeah, it would be higher on the list too... I'd replace Body Harvest with the Resident Evil 2 port to the N64, I was shocked to not see that on the list when it was on the PS1 list... the N64 version is the definitive version, it had updated graphics(arguably better than the GCN and Dreamcast ports), udpated sound clips, graphic adjusters(make the blood different colors and adjust the amount), better control options(normal tank controls or a more user friendly SM64 type), has unlockable alternate costumes AND new content... And finally Majora's Mask beats Ocarina of Time any day. Some could argue the Mask system is the grand daddy of the achievement system but instead of points you get helpful masks Lol The lack of Space Station Silicone Vally also disturbs me...
  • aequitas13 - April 21, 2012 1:46 p.m.

Just realised Shadows of the Empire isn't on here! Worth it for the Battle of Hoth alone!
  • cgriff63 - April 20, 2012 8:12 a.m.

pokemon stadium (1 or 2) should be on here. and Jet force jemini should be higher up. that is all
  • NeelEvil - April 20, 2012 7:30 a.m.

You do realise that screenshot is from the second Mystical Ninja on the N64, right?
  • purple_omlet - April 20, 2012 5:20 a.m.

Really disapointed that Majoras Mask isn't on this list. Ocarina of Time is great and all, but Majoras Mask was just more interesting and had more to do. Also, Blast Corps was absolutely horrible.
  • sam-onorato - February 15, 2013 7:47 a.m.

are you blind? yes it is on the list.
  • winner2 - April 20, 2012 4:11 a.m.

no pokemon stadium? Well, paper mario makes up for that, but pokemon stadium was awesome
  • ViolentLee - April 19, 2012 5:02 p.m.

Wow. I was vibing with you on the PS2, PSone, and Dreamcast list. Then this? Lots of disagreements. Doom 64 and Waverace might not be the best games ever, but they're better than crap like Mario Party or non-exclusives like Worms. I'd have found space for Yoshi's Story at Tony Hawk 2 as well. But hey...that's what lists are about: debate.
  • Pacific - April 20, 2012 2:27 a.m.

Definitely agree that Waverace should have been in there. The water effects (and actually, just the way the game controlled, having to ride the jetski over waves) were just incredible.
  • MrJP - April 19, 2012 2:19 p.m.

Can't believe Pokemone Snap made it in above Pokemon Stadium. I rate the N64 as my favourite ever console, but it was purely because I have 3 brothers and as a local multiplayer console nothing has ever come close before or since. Snowboard kids was a winner for 4 player split screen so it would have been nice to see it get a mention. I rated OOT above Majora's Mask, I loved both, but the masks felt gimmicky compared with how pure OOT was (swimming as a Zora was fantastic though), although I think Link to the past is still my favourite ever Zelda. I can't believe how many people rate Windwaker so high, the sailing bits killed it for me....
  • ChiChiRocket - April 19, 2012 1:11 p.m.

Just wanted to make sure Jet Force Gemini was on the list. Other than that, Mischief Makers was one of my favorite N64 games.
  • Pacific - April 19, 2012 12:30 p.m.

Some of my favourite gaming moments have come from this machine - from Mario 64, jumping into the water and an extra chord of music adding to the background, to the wonders of Zelda, and the acid trip-like F Zero-X (I was a spoilt brat and has an NTSC machine bought on import, and paid something like £70 to get the game 6 months before everyone else :> )
  • MinxRiot - April 19, 2012 9:12 a.m.

Glad to see I'm not the only person who loved pokemon snap.
  • ObliqueZombie - April 19, 2012 9:03 a.m.

I still would've put Donkey King 64 on the list somewhere, since that's probably my favorite game on the system, but that list is testament to why the N64 is still one of my favorite systems of all time. Seriously, I've played it in the past year, and I STILL love that thing, wonky controller and all.
  • nokeisoka - April 19, 2012 8:52 a.m.

I was surprised not to see snowboard kids or the first bomberman 64 to be honest then again I think didy kong is better than mario kart and sbk was better than both.
  • mbavalo - April 19, 2012 8:41 a.m.

Even if I generally dislike Mario games and Nintendo, I have to hand it to them, Mario 64 was unbeatable :D
  • kermit15 - April 19, 2012 8:35 a.m.

I'm kinda disappointed that Pokemon Stadium wasn't in the list but overall I feel that this covers all the games that made the N64 great. And of course there's no surprise that the king is sitting on it's throne.
  • bob202021 - April 19, 2012 7:37 a.m.

Overall, an excellent list, BUT... Donkey Kong 64?????? Why no DK64? I don't understand... :'( Also, I absolutely agree with the general sentiments from other comments that Majora's Mask and Banjo-Tooie warrant a mention, ESPECIALLY Majora's Mask. I reckon I sunk many more hours overall into MM compared to OoT, however I understand why OoT is on the list and why it would be above MM. Imagine what the reaction would've been if MM had made the list instead of OoT? There would be blood spilt in anger and fury. And just once more, seriously... WHY NO DK64????!!!!! I don't even....
  • ObliqueZombie - April 19, 2012 8:55 a.m.

Dude, I'm with you... that game might, MIGHT... be my favorite game on the system.