• GamesRadarCharlieBarratt - April 1, 2011 2:21 a.m.

@Redeater FF4 definitely holds up today, but please read over our guidelines again, particularly the part about "no repeats." By that philosophy, we couldn't justify including both FF4 and FF6, and when the two were pitted against each other in a staff-wide vote, FF6 won handily. Now if you believe that FF4 is better than FF6, your anger is justified.
  • 8bitBaby - April 1, 2011 2:21 a.m.

WOO! that's one heck of a list fellers. you know you're gonna have to update it in 5 more years right? see you then! XD
  • usedforglue - April 1, 2011 2:20 a.m.

Portal huh? Interesting and well informed pick.
  • Security77 - April 1, 2011 2:20 a.m.

Great list, I totally agree with the number one pick. My only complaints would be that Halo 3 needs to be a little higher, and I think at least one Battlefield game should have been mentioned.
  • graboids - April 1, 2011 2:18 a.m.

awesome article, gonna take some more reading to fully enjoy it, #1 was great except for the motion sickness it gave me after a few minutes of playing.... but anyway guess I have a lot of reading to this weekend!
  • yoyoguy - April 1, 2011 2:16 a.m.

As much as I love portal, and I mean LOVE, I really think tetris should be first. great article guys
  • Bobbety - April 1, 2011 2:15 a.m.

Been waiting all Thursday for whatever you guys said everyone had been working on. Looks awesome!
  • WelcomeGhosts10 - April 1, 2011 2:15 a.m.

Awesome list guys, Rofl @ the GR comments, nice touch!
  • JJBSterling - April 1, 2011 2:15 a.m.

Wow, there's some debatable shit here.
  • GamesRadarCharlieBarratt - April 1, 2011 2:15 a.m.

@Imgema GoldenEye was not forgotten. While we loved it then, we wouldn't recommend it today.
  • flare149 - April 1, 2011 2:14 a.m.

I was pretty impressed, although absence of LittleBigPlanet in any form was a big shock
  • Redeater - April 1, 2011 2:08 a.m.

Ok so I just went through this whole list and where the fuck is FFIV? If this list is based on how they hold up why have they repackeged it and sold it 4-5 times??? I sure as hell know it is better then Killer7
  • monkeywolf - April 1, 2011 2:06 a.m.

Anyone else lol at the comment that said "We are focusing on more modern games" When half the games here listed from gaming Golden Age of the 90s and a good amount listed from the 80s to? Trying too hard to be different from other top 100s? I think so.
  • BlackElement17 - April 1, 2011 2:04 a.m.

It almost physically hurt to type that.
  • Yingsin - April 1, 2011 2:04 a.m.

Haha gr took up the whole first page. Good article
  • Spocksjock - April 1, 2011 2:03 a.m.

Oh man...Portal number 1? and Tetris number 2? GAMES RADAR'S GOT BALLS. They speak their opinions...THEY SPEAK TRUTH. No but seriously you guys rock, I can tell a lot of hard work went into this.
  • BlackElement17 - April 1, 2011 2:03 a.m.

Eh, close enough. But they forgot to make Halo Reach and Mawa deuce #1 typical GamesRadar left wing Nazi anarchism promoting fascists of hate America, Jesus and Batman.
  • Imgema - April 1, 2011 2:03 a.m.

Um, did i miss Goldeneye or you guys forgot about it?
  • Corn - April 1, 2011 2:02 a.m.

Glad to see somebody else agree about Wind Waker. It's definitely one of my top 5 games of all time, and easily the best Zelda.
  • ClusterShart - April 1, 2011 2:02 a.m.

I think Prime is slightly better than Super Metroid, but eh.