• TheRandomFool - April 1, 2011 3:15 a.m.

GAMESRADAR I LOVE YOU!! PORTAL!! WOOO!!!!!
  • Viper5221 - April 1, 2011 3:14 a.m.

So many amazing games,good job Games Radar.
  • batman5273 - April 1, 2011 3:11 a.m.

Wow, What an excellent list! I would give reasons why I would pick the game, but you guys did a far better job than I ever would. I do have to agree with Portal being #1. It is so simplistic by nature, but is so bad ass to master. And the subtle humor makes it classic. Great Job! And I would have paid top dollar to be a fly on the wall of that meeting!
  • Metroidhunter32 - April 1, 2011 3:11 a.m.

Ok, I'm going to try to avoid being the doosh here. And I actually found this to be a pretty good list. I had 2 moments of worry though. First was when I saw MGS3 but no MGS. Orginal may have only 8/10 gameplay, but the story is the best in the series Second time was when I saw Ico. A lack of Shadow would have made me very angry indeed. In the end, I have only one great complaint. Where is Persona 4? It's not top 20 material, but it should be at least around 50. For soundtrack alone if you want to ignore the masterfully well told story, and the characters whom you actually enjoy spending time with. You put that game on GMOTD TWICE! If Rez can get in on graphics, P4 should get in on music, characters, and story.
  • SleepyInsomniac - April 1, 2011 3:08 a.m.

I'm glad to see Wind Waker on this list. I played the shit out of it when I first got it. I wish Nintendo made another one like it that isn't for a handheld. Twilight Princess didn't have the style of Wind Waker and Skyward Sword doesn't have the cartoony vibe of Wind Waker.
  • Redeater - April 1, 2011 3:07 a.m.

@CharlieBarratt I'm actually not as mad as I sound. Final Fantasy IV came out while I was in jr. high so it holds a very special place in my heart and I truly believe it is better then VI. Also great job getting KQ6 in there!!
  • packster - April 1, 2011 3:06 a.m.

I made an account just to say this... Where the heck is one of the Prime games?!?
  • Cyberninja - April 1, 2011 3:05 a.m.

well i am CT scored as high as it did because ts the best rpg yet.
  • DriveShaft - April 1, 2011 3:04 a.m.

Are you fucking kidding me? Portal? Dead Space, Vice City, gta 3, fallout 3, Max payne, Banjo kazooie, blood money, bully, tomba 2, the suffering, crash bandicoot, monkey island just to name a few that shouldve had a spot on there.
  • iggzy880 - April 1, 2011 3 a.m.

Kinda ballsy to put Portal as your #1 but I don't know if I can really deny that. I mean, of all the games that I love that come to mind/are on this list, Portal is probably the only one that doesn't have any glaring bugs, inconsistencies or problems at all. It has a simple yet entertaining and compelling story with incredibly entertaining writing and skilled voice acting. It has almost completely new type of gameplay that works well and is still enjoyable on repeat playthroughs. My only real gripe, and I'm always happy to even see Grim Fandango given notice it deserves and I'm happy to see it making it to the top half. Its just, Gears of War 2 being better then it? I know your explanation for it being on the list being the awesome of Horde Mode and how you accept the questioning of it, but the thing is Grim Fandango truly holds up more. GoW2 was almost to much like the first game, even if the story is a bit better where as Grim Fandango had an undeniably good story that was both fantastical and legitimately Film Noir. Then you have the art direction, a totally different blend of Los Dios de Muerto type art and the aforementioned Noir style, all in some of the best 3D modeling of the time. My final point is, it was one of the early 3D games where you could move and go almost anywhere, and was one of the last great Adventure games, so there was lots to do and lots of little things, and though it was a little clunky like basically all 3D games of that time, it wasn't painfully clunky. I mean, I just replayed it 1-2 years ago and after readjusting to the different feel of the movement compared to present day, it was just as good. I kinda set the path for the pretty good Telltale 3D adventure games we have today too.
  • DecoyOctorok - April 1, 2011 3 a.m.

Portal is a great choice. Mine would probably be Super Mario Galaxy/Super Mario Galaxy 2. I can't think of any other games that so completely represent why we loved gaming in the first place. Nintendo is the Pixar of the industry.
  • blakebeauchamp - April 1, 2011 2:59 a.m.

All of these are fantastic picks, nice job GR.
  • darkrider105 - April 1, 2011 2:57 a.m.

Awesome to see portal at number 1. Also good to see Advanced wars, and WInd Waker (never got to beat it). Great list.
  • freddyqaqualung - April 1, 2011 2:56 a.m.

I agreed up to Portal. I love Portal, but I don't think it's the best game of all time. Then again, I don't have any better ideas, so...
  • Ipoopawesomeness - April 1, 2011 2:52 a.m.

I must say that I disagree with Portal being number 1. Personally, I think Wind Waker should be numba juan. However, that is just my opinion, and it doesn't count for shit.
  • DecoyOctorok - April 1, 2011 2:52 a.m.

I'll also agree that Grand Theft Auto IV's story is just plain overrated. This list needs more Metroid.
  • G0oseG0ose - April 1, 2011 2:51 a.m.

Wind Waker and GTA IV in the top 5? I agree with this list 100%.
  • TURbo - April 1, 2011 2:49 a.m.

Matty Keast is the only reason why Planetside made the list.
  • NotBraze - April 1, 2011 2:46 a.m.

Great list! I'm glad to see my personal favorite, Mass Effect 2, made the top 10.
  • taylornolfi - April 1, 2011 2:46 a.m.

Portal is a fucking 2 hour demo, how can Ocarina of Time not even make the list!? I don't know if it's just me, but I can't understand the huge nerdgasm over Portal.