• Tikicobra - April 1, 2011 3:46 a.m.

I'm genuinely confused about some of these, particularly Portal.
  • Vincemaster - April 1, 2011 3:44 a.m.

I thought this list was the best games of all time, not the best modern games... I agree with some of the not-so-obvious choices, like Wind Waker as the best Zelda... but plain and simple: Portal is not the best game of all time.
  • LordAngus1992 - April 1, 2011 3:42 a.m.

I could have gone on a rampage because Ocarina of Time did not appear on the list but I honestly do not care about how little I agree with someone as long as they are honest. And with such defiance to what is commonly accepted as the best games ever I know GR is being truthful here.
  • garnsr - April 1, 2011 3:38 a.m.

That should be FFVI.
  • garnsr - April 1, 2011 3:37 a.m.

How is Symphony of the Night so low? And several Zeldas so far ahead of Okami? I disagree. Glad to see FVI is so high, though.
  • PanaMusica - April 1, 2011 3:37 a.m.

would have loved to hear hEeneryz ranting during the selection marathon - rant on
  • EricBratcher - April 1, 2011 3:25 a.m.

@Metroidhunter32 - We considered the Persona series, actually. It just missed. And we almost added Fallout 3, DriveShaft, if that makes you feel any better.
  • killtaculor - April 1, 2011 3:23 a.m.

good article, you included just about everything that I would have.
  • Cleanser247 - April 1, 2011 3:20 a.m.

THIS IS GREAT! GamesRadar ROCKS! Keep up the great work : )
  • fersot - April 1, 2011 3:17 a.m.

SPOILER: Portal is the only game I have ever played more through more than 2 times. It definitely deserves the #1 spot. Thanks for that. And for some reason, I totally knew that Portal would be the best from the beginning.
  • magicman313 - April 1, 2011 3:16 a.m.

Holy shit, this has got to be an April Fools. Portal, the best game of all time, i literally spit my drink out. The only reason Portal should be at the top of the list is for "Most Overrated Game"
  • Scotch - April 1, 2011 3:16 a.m.

Awesome list! Am I the only one who GREATLY prefers L4D1? I felt like the first was way more balanced, and had a better atmosphere.
  • DarkTone - April 1, 2011 3:16 a.m.

Great article! You can tell you guys took time for this! love it.
  • TheRandomFool - April 1, 2011 3:15 a.m.

GAMESRADAR I LOVE YOU!! PORTAL!! WOOO!!!!!
  • Viper5221 - April 1, 2011 3:14 a.m.

So many amazing games,good job Games Radar.
  • batman5273 - April 1, 2011 3:11 a.m.

Wow, What an excellent list! I would give reasons why I would pick the game, but you guys did a far better job than I ever would. I do have to agree with Portal being #1. It is so simplistic by nature, but is so bad ass to master. And the subtle humor makes it classic. Great Job! And I would have paid top dollar to be a fly on the wall of that meeting!
  • Metroidhunter32 - April 1, 2011 3:11 a.m.

Ok, I'm going to try to avoid being the doosh here. And I actually found this to be a pretty good list. I had 2 moments of worry though. First was when I saw MGS3 but no MGS. Orginal may have only 8/10 gameplay, but the story is the best in the series Second time was when I saw Ico. A lack of Shadow would have made me very angry indeed. In the end, I have only one great complaint. Where is Persona 4? It's not top 20 material, but it should be at least around 50. For soundtrack alone if you want to ignore the masterfully well told story, and the characters whom you actually enjoy spending time with. You put that game on GMOTD TWICE! If Rez can get in on graphics, P4 should get in on music, characters, and story.
  • SleepyInsomniac - April 1, 2011 3:08 a.m.

I'm glad to see Wind Waker on this list. I played the shit out of it when I first got it. I wish Nintendo made another one like it that isn't for a handheld. Twilight Princess didn't have the style of Wind Waker and Skyward Sword doesn't have the cartoony vibe of Wind Waker.
  • Redeater - April 1, 2011 3:07 a.m.

@CharlieBarratt I'm actually not as mad as I sound. Final Fantasy IV came out while I was in jr. high so it holds a very special place in my heart and I truly believe it is better then VI. Also great job getting KQ6 in there!!
  • packster - April 1, 2011 3:06 a.m.

I made an account just to say this... Where the heck is one of the Prime games?!?