• IveGotTheGlow - April 1, 2011 5:15 a.m.

Good article. I don't agree with it 100%, especially number 1, but the arguments are valid. IMO- Wind Waker= #1. I was literally lying in bed earlier this week thinking about starting the game again.
  • Crimmy - April 1, 2011 5:10 a.m.

At first I was like "no Portal... WHAAAAAAT?" but then I was like "oh wait it's #1. WHAAAAT?... Yes." Captcha: insoluble hedmicen
  • Larinah - April 1, 2011 5:05 a.m.

There is really no way to objectively declare the greatest game of all time. If it were me, I'd put Chrono Trigger as #1 with Professor Layton 1 as #2. Both games took genres that were becoming watered down and blew the competition away. To this day, Chrono Trigger is very well remembered, and trust me, it's not with tinted lenses. Meanwhile, Professor Layton to me is a great combination of story and gameplay, bringing back the fun of point and click adventure games we remember from when LucasArts used to be the big man on campus.
  • InGen88 - April 1, 2011 5:04 a.m.

The lack of Metroid Prime and Rogue Squadron II is disappointing. I would give anyone either game considering they look better than 90% of Wii games still, play perfectly, and are amazing. I'm probably biased in that Metroid Prime is my favourite game period. Great to see KOTOR on the list even though I think it could be higher up especially considering that the universe, in game lore, and dialogue is better than Mass Effects in my opinion. It should at least beat Sonic CD and maybe Prince of Persia. Of course this is coming from someone whos listening to the Imperial March as I type this so I might be a little biased.
  • OrionOnyx - April 1, 2011 5:01 a.m.

And Portal should not be the best game ever made... It's not even close. I thought that it was a joke for a second. There are so many better games out there than Portal.
  • OrionOnyx - April 1, 2011 4:59 a.m.

Booooooo! FFVII is AT LEAST on the top 5 best games ever made!
  • AlSwearengenHatesCocksuckers - April 1, 2011 4:56 a.m.

Agree completely on Portal being number 1. It's the most perfect video game I ever played. Nothing about it was short of excellent. Nothing to point to and say, "This was a bad mechanic/plot point/gameplay sequence/etc"
  • juicenpancakes - April 1, 2011 4:55 a.m.

In #28 for Oblivion, it says, "Developer: Bethesda Gameworks." It should be "Bethesda Softworks." I don't mean to be a jackass internet nerd, but I love Bethesda and thought I should point it out. Again, rats off to you guys for this massive undertaking.
  • ChiChiRocket - April 1, 2011 4:52 a.m.

While I would rather Chrono Trigger be #1, I will settle for top 3.
  • BoobleDrop - April 1, 2011 4:47 a.m.

well shit, that's about ten more games that i really need to play. honestly, the best and most convincing list of this sort i've ever seen. it's clear that you guys really poured some blood into this one. and since i feel obligated to point out some game that isn't in here, whaddabout limbo?
  • Wazzle - April 1, 2011 4:44 a.m.

NO MADDEN?!?! But in all seriousness I think Portal is just a giant training level game and does not really bring thaaaaaat much to the table. I would probably not be as upset if Tetris was 1 and Portal was 2. I mean come onnnnn. It's Tetris.
  • Corsair89 - April 1, 2011 4:43 a.m.

Awesome list. I agree with most, err, some of it. I would have added Persona 4 and Valkyria Chronicles.
  • GamesRadarTylerWilde - April 1, 2011 4:40 a.m.

You're all WRONG! ...OK, I didn't actually read all 109 comments.
  • codystovall - April 1, 2011 4:36 a.m.

like always there will be disagreement, this is why prefer silly lists-how bout next best robots?
  • ice_sneasel - April 1, 2011 4:35 a.m.

yes chrono trigger #3 i loved that game so much on the ds never beat it though. LAVOS IS AN ASSHOLE!
  • g4m3rk1dd - April 1, 2011 4:29 a.m.

i believe that The World Ends With You deserves to be on this list :( even if it is #100 :( it was (as previously stated on a recent article) one of the best games for the DS
  • sleepy92ismypsn - April 1, 2011 4:24 a.m.

Here Gamesradar. Here's the biggest meh I've ever given. You guys can have it. I wasn't expecting to be pleased at all with anyone elses list but my own. There's some games on this list that I've played that I don't think deserve to be on here more than some games that didn't make the list. I'm going to try and play as many of the games on this list as I can before I die.
  • fullmetallegend - April 1, 2011 4:24 a.m.

It's a*
  • fullmetallegend - April 1, 2011 4:21 a.m.

I'm a little bummed Ocarina of Time didn't make the list. It's the second most charming Zelda game and I've played it many many times over the years, I even played it this year. The characters, zones, and tunes are just so timeless. It a truly magical game. I'm glad Wind Waker made it up their, though. I personally liked it more than Twilight Princess, Zelda's all about the charm for me. ^^
  • RonnyLive19881 - April 1, 2011 4:08 a.m.

I was actually pissed to see Portal at the top, L4D 1&2 are Valves only good games imo. Yep this list blows LMAO