• RobbieNess - February 26, 2014 9:24 p.m.

I vote that gamesradar.com hires a proof-reader for their next list.
  • Rize1 - February 27, 2014 6:38 p.m.

WHAT? And Goldeneye, Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong Country, ZELDA OCARINA OF TIME?????? If you made a list of "Best Games Of All Time" and you not listed these 4 games (without mention a lot more) you are wrong about videogames...
  • GR_TomMagrino - March 7, 2014 1:26 p.m.

Hey man, I think this is the list you're looking for: http://www.gamesradar.com/50-most-important-games-all-time/
  • TheGooseinator - March 7, 2014 1:39 p.m.

All four, as important as they are, don't hold up amazingly today, and have successors that improved upon the original formula. Although I will agree in one area, Gamesradar does seem to have a bit of a grudge against Ocarina of Time. Guess too much time in the Water Temple will piss anyone off XD
  • coop_ster - March 5, 2014 7:22 p.m.

I actually never got to the list, but I think the intro was nicely done. Gaming rules! ...and I am aged enough to appreciate their history. I love the author's explanation of his opinion. I'm definitely not an avid enough gamer to make this kind of list, but I do become passionate about the games i enjoy.
  • BladedFalcon - March 7, 2014 1:30 p.m.

At this point, I'm starting to suspect you guys are keeping Portal in the #1 spot for the sake of making a stance rather than for true conviction. *shrugs* I maintain that having Chrono Trigger be number 2 is utter bullshit, but again,f eels like at this point it's a stance than a true belief, so whatever *shrugs* But hey, TLOU is on the top 10, so that's nice.
  • TheGooseinator - March 7, 2014 1:50 p.m.

Great update GR! This is the best lineup the list has ever had! Also, just curious...who argued for Super Mario World to replace SMB3 in the Top Ten?
  • SuperSATA - March 7, 2014 1:54 p.m.

Yeah, I was wondering that as well.
  • GR_LucasSullivan - March 7, 2014 2:58 p.m.

WHAT UP WORLD!
  • GR_HenryGilbert - March 7, 2014 3:04 p.m.

It was close, but this year there were more votes among the editors for World.
  • SuperSATA - March 7, 2014 1:54 p.m.

@ All the stupids in the comments section: OOT isn't in there because Wind Waker represents all the 3D Zelda games; if they enumerated every single game that was one of the best, this list would be clogged with a bunch of various Nintendo games, so they had titles like Wind Waker, Mario Galaxy 2, and Pokemon X & Y to represent a bunch of different games.
  • SunniDee - March 7, 2014 1:59 p.m.

Time to give my two cents on this. I felt that Mass Effect 2 should have been a little higher on the list, I preferred Double Dash over Mario Kart 7, Brawl should have been moved up to the top 25. However, my biggest issue in all of this is the fact that The Last of US isn't ranked higher. The Last of Us is the culmination of everything that games have been building up too with its fantastic stealth aspects, music, voice acting, and most importantly the story. The story of the game puts you through so much that by the end you will either be pissed or applauding the ending after all you have been through. I can in no way say that I have played all of these games, probably not even half however The Last of Us is the definition of what gaming can be and deserves to be number one.
  • Doctor_Pancakes - March 7, 2014 2:24 p.m.

I saw way two many great games passing by thinking WHAT on Earth is going to take the top spot if Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid Prime has been listed already and then a bad feeling started to build thinking yall would chose The Last of Us and then I saw Portal. Is this April fools? I haven't laughed so hard in a while. I was expecting some obscure game I'd never played before or something I'd never think of putting at the top but would agree with in the end but seeing Portal there dashed all of those thoughts faster than the speed of stupid and that travels pretty damn fast drunk at 120 miles per hour on the interstate at 5 in the morning.
  • gavin-erhard - March 7, 2014 2:53 p.m.

In my opinion, Dante's Inferno is a great game. And it's one of my top 3 games of all time
  • GenderBender_9000 - March 7, 2014 8:40 p.m.

I'm sorry to hear that.
  • Clovin64 - March 8, 2014 7:46 a.m.

Nice.
  • robotic-fiend - March 7, 2014 3:32 p.m.

You realize Thousand Year Door is the best Paper Mario right? nee the best RPG of all time. The comedy and writing is superior to Paper Mario, the characters are more likable, LIKE RAWK HAWK, the Glitz Pit chapter alone is better than all of Paper Mario 64, with that Ice world music, Great Gonzalez, and the Mike Tysons Punch out Password, damn i I want a Paper Mario game set just in the Glitz Pit... Rawk Hawk for Smash.
  • Galaxy010 - March 9, 2014 9:57 p.m.

Paper Mario TTYD is like....the best RPG ever. DAT TRAIN LEVEL
  • david-walker - March 18, 2014 4:35 a.m.

Sir, I must agree with you