• IVIunky - April 3, 2011 1:13 a.m.

Well, I am quite satisfied with the list, with a one qualm... 1. Twilight Princess over Ocarina of Time?!? Huh? When my friend first came over, not having played a Zelda game (Sega fanboy), I immediately recommended Ocarina of Time. When he beat that, I recommended Majora's Mask. When he beats that, then I'll recommend Twilight Princess. If you ask me (not that you are), Ocarina of Time is the most timeless game ever, and one that people will come back to when they wish to experience the splendor that is Zelda.
  • Themadkossak - April 3, 2011 12:44 a.m.

The fact that red dead and bioshock didn't make the top 10, yet mass effect did gives me great concern to your sanity
  • Fedexcommando - April 3, 2011 12:28 a.m.

Agree with most of the games on here. However, there were a few that I was disappointed didn't make it. Any Sly Cooper game. They all kicked ass. Pokemon Snap is the only n64 game I can go back and play today without being bored out of my mind. I think I might cry because Limbo didn't make it. You guys are the sole reason I bought that game and it was worth every penny. Aside from that, great article. Portal is the only game that I played through TWICE in one sitting.
  • infestedandy - April 3, 2011 12:11 a.m.

What a great list. A commendation to everyone at GamesRadar for keeping it original! Now, I have a few questions... For one, Donkey Kong Country. It's a game series I'll love forever and I question why you put the first one as the best. Unquestionably it was a flawless game, but Diddy's Kong Quest was far, far superior. Think about it, the game expanded to give you reason to net those bonus coins and DK coins. That 100% meant so much more than just bragging rights and the bosses, monsters, music (OH GOD THE MUSIC), were creative beyond measure. Oblivion. I'm not sure how this got on the list over something like Morrowind. Maybe I'm in the minority but Oblivion was NOT great. It had the potential to be giant, an insurmountable success in every aspect of gaming. I think the reason it was so widely loved is because of its timing. When it came out there was nothing that matched the scope of the world or the visual effects. Whatever the case, its design and exploration system absolutely killed it for me. Exploring caves and remote systems didn't pay off nearly as much as they did in Morrowind. Actually, it was pretty pathetic when you think about it since everything scales to your level. Ambushed by wolves? Get ready to shoot them each 100 times with arrows and fireballs. I could go on for pages here, but you know what I'm talking about.
  • Hamletbaby - April 2, 2011 11:37 p.m.

Excellent list, and very refreshing to see such a unique, unorthodox approach. The only one which I honestly feel was missed was World of Goo. It seems like it would nail the four main criteria listed in the intro. I'd very much like to hear why it didn't get selected, at least in the #80s-90s range. Thanks and fine work!
  • egregious - April 2, 2011 10:02 p.m.

Great list.
  • KolbitosFruitJuice - April 2, 2011 9:47 p.m.

Hahaha I was completely thrown off guard by a list such as this without Ocarina of Time. But hey, by your definition of best, it works.
  • SDHoneymonster - April 2, 2011 8:45 p.m.

Also, to follow up on my moaning earlier, anyone else feel that the Gamecube is over-represented, whilst the N64 is tragically under-represented? The N64, in terms of classic games, had more than pretty much any other console I can think of - granted, I might be looking rose tinted specs, seeing as there weren't actually that many games on the 64 in comparison to others, but I certainly don't own anywhere near as many games I consider "classic" for my 360 or PS3.
  • Zepaw - April 2, 2011 7:49 p.m.

Also Portal is good but one of those few things that I hear so much praise of it makes me like it less despite myself. I played it and enjoyed it but would not have even put it in the top ten. Just replayed it last week and it did not hold up for me. Great game yes, greatest?
  • Zepaw - April 2, 2011 7:39 p.m.

My opinions of best games do not match up to well with yours. Would have been fun to overhear the meeting deciding these.
  • richep - April 2, 2011 7:34 p.m.

Good list...totally think Elite should be on here though abolutely awesome game. Did I miss FF7 as well that surely deserves to be in the top 100
  • chilarome - April 2, 2011 7:04 p.m.

LOTS and LOTS of love and decision making went into this article. You guys rock! This could be a "Yes, I've played it" checklist for all gamers and a "To-Do" list for most!
  • TheWhiteLight - April 2, 2011 7 p.m.

Overall, pretty great list. The one ommission that really got me though was Majora's Mask. I know I'm still in the minority when I say this, but I still think it's the best Zelda game out there. The repeating 3 day cycle remains to this day to be a really unique way of experiencing the story, and being able to see the consequences of your actions play out each time you repeat them. It's also easily the darkest/weirdest game in the series.
  • MediocreDinosaur - April 2, 2011 6:37 p.m.

No TWEWY. I'm....very sad. A good list. But then, if you satisfied everyone's favourite games, then this list would reach well into the millions. A job well done.
  • caramellojello - April 2, 2011 5:53 p.m.

Mario 64 is the best game of all time and beats all of them by far.
  • GrandMoffBubbles - April 2, 2011 4:21 p.m.

Ok, I don't have much to complain about. I'm just glad a Bioware title made the top 10. Although I am very interested in how you guys managed to come to a consensus on Number One. Ahhhh, to be a fly on the Gamesradar wall during THAT discussion.
  • GrandMoffBubbles - April 2, 2011 4:04 p.m.

I would simply like to say that I read the disclaimer before voicing my praise or condemnation. Sometimes I DO follow instructions. Cheers dudes for undertaking this monumental lightning rod.
  • ninjastrike34 - April 2, 2011 2:38 p.m.

Tell me if i'm wrong, but WHERE THE HELL IS SLY COOPER?!
  • ithurtstopoop - April 2, 2011 1:24 p.m.

Fine list gentlemen, fine list. Also 287th!!!
  • Bobishungry - April 2, 2011 11:41 a.m.

This is a great article but i wish that AC 2 was a bit closer to number 1.