• Govt CHEESE - April 21, 2012 8:43 a.m.

Sorry GamesRadar, but it seems you are not always right. I see nothing from the Dead Space series on this list. Somehow these games are trumped by Day Of The Tentacle? Really? And FFX over FFVII? Srsly?
  • Chewie07 - April 21, 2012 9:26 a.m.

Yeah, FFVII sucked. FFX was much better.
  • samsneeze - April 21, 2012 2:04 p.m.

Yet both pale in comparison to Final Fantasy IV
  • BladedFalcon - April 21, 2012 4:05 p.m.

Which in turn pales in comparison to Final Fantasy VI :P thank you for setting me up beautifully!
  • samsneeze - April 21, 2012 4:51 p.m.

Eh, VI is my second favorite and honestly the only other Final Fantasy game that I enjoyed. I could see someone liking it more.
  • charnickmx - April 21, 2012 5:05 p.m.

I think that Final Fantasy VII is NOT overrated (overhyped yes, but not overrated) and frankly I think that it's a far better game and more memorable than the (overrated) X (winny protagonist, AWFUL voice acting, muddled excuse for a plot and story, idiotic mini games, overreliance on being "cinematic", etc.) wich should NOT have been included on this list. FF VII for all it's imperfections is still pretty competent and memorable, and I think it's the victim more of the fanbase than it being a bad game at all (it's the COD4 of the franchise, everyone knows that I and 2 are better, but COD4 is the one that launched the series to prominence). I've said it before and I'll say it again: yes, X was the las FF that everyone gave a damm about, but it also marks the beggining of the end for the franchise because it's were it all started to go wrong.
  • samsneeze - April 21, 2012 5:32 p.m.

I never said that Final Fantasy VII was overrated or how I felt about it for that matter. There is a reply button for the guy that you want to talk to, not just me.
  • charnickmx - April 21, 2012 5:20 p.m.

I could see some liking IV above VII, while I think that IV is great (I consider it the third best in the series behind VI and VII), I've never thought that it was as polished and memorable as VI, or as interesting as VII. Frankly (aside from Cecil and Kain) the characters weren't very deeply developed (Rosa:Cecil Save me!x10, Rydia:Innocencex20, Cid: Kook!x10, etc.) and the plot was silly (Boom!, there are 4 more cristals underground, boom! now we go to the moon for no reason at all other than it's cool, boom! the other guy is related to the hero, boom! the principal antagonist isn't the final villan, it's another guy that we haven't heard anything about until now, etc.). Altough It was a REALLY FUN game, and I think that's the most important thing, don't you agree?
  • samsneeze - April 21, 2012 5:36 p.m.

The most important thing is how much I enjoyed it. I didn't enjoy any other Final Fantasy as much as I did IV, so that's my favorite. Nothing more to it. Though Dragon Quest is where I'll always get my primary JRPG fix from. Stories of heroes versus evil while bonding with friends who don't rely on weird personality quirks and depression will always be my favorite kind of story to tell.
  • mganai - April 21, 2012 6:58 p.m.

I think FFV doesn't get enough credit, personally.
  • charnickmx - April 21, 2012 4:53 p.m.

Wich also pales in comparison to Chrono Trigger.
  • samsneeze - April 21, 2012 5:30 p.m.

We were clearly talking about Final Fantasy games. Get with the program guy.
  • BladedFalcon - April 21, 2012 5:53 p.m.

Most likely. I admit I haven't played CT yet. But I will try to make it happen soon-ish.
  • Elard621 - April 21, 2012 8:42 a.m.

Man, you even put Skyward Sword as the second best Wii game. I know that you don´t like the Wii, but at least the top 3 games of the console should be on this list.
  • MrJP - April 21, 2012 8:22 a.m.

The trouble with a list like this is you can't really compare games across genres easily so you will never please everyone. That said, this list is poor even ignoring that premise as you outline how your list has been structured and what was factored before giving games places and then didnt follow it at all. Portal shouldnt be in the list (Portal 2 does it all and more there is no new experience to be had going back there) let alone no.1. GTA4 is nowhere near as good as Red Dead, its grey and dull compared to Red Dead and numerous other inconsistencies. That said I was pleased to see Super Metroid and Zelda LTTP getting the recognition they deserve. Surely a Worms game should have gotten a mention, they are timeless?
  • Elard621 - April 21, 2012 8:10 a.m.

I thought you were going to replace Twilight Princess with Skyward Sword. I personally found Skyward Sword better. Why isn´t it on the list?
  • Elard621 - April 21, 2012 8:20 a.m.

PLease, I need an answer. I really thought that Skyward Sword is among the best games of all time. I also thought that Gamesradar had my same opinion. It nominated it for the Platinum Chalice awards!!
  • BladedFalcon - April 21, 2012 9:59 a.m.

Well... If you go and check out their review, I think it explicit compares it with TP and WW, and they state that they didn't consider the game to be better than either of them. Also, the platinum chalice awards are for the games that were the best for that specific year, not out of all time. So the in the 2012 Platinum Chalice awards, it did reach the spot as one of the best games of the year, not necessarily of all time. Also, i hope you can note that I am not saying any of this in a offensive way, nor with the intention of insult you. I'm mainly pointing out the likely reasons as to why Skyward Sword didn't replace TP, at least in the GR's editor's mind.
  • Elard621 - April 21, 2012 7:27 p.m.

Don`t worry, I don`t want to start a fight either. But if you see the comparison between TP and SS, they say that they are tied. Thinking that Skyward Sword is the newest and that there`s only one Wii exclusive game in the list, I thought that they would put SS replacing TP. But I`m not angry, TP probably will be too dated in a year or some , and on that list they will surely replace it. Besides, they state in their list that ,exempting some series, there should be one entry of a series. Considering that Zelda has three entries in this list, there is just no room for SS, but it doesn`t mean that it isn`t between the top 100 games ever made. All this Skyward Sword issue I have made is because I really consider it the best Zelda game ever made.
  • joel-armstrong - April 21, 2012 7:39 a.m.

Ummm just pointing out that the Mass Effect 2 picture is actually Mass Effect 3 footage Fail much...??
  • Chewie07 - April 21, 2012 9:15 a.m.

No, it's from Shadow Broker, which was DLC for 2. Look at the icon in the lower right - it says "Mass Effect 2."
  • Dadyo238 - April 21, 2012 6:36 a.m.

Just played through POP: Sands of Time again, thought it should've scored higher. Seriously, anyone who still has it, play through it again and you'll be surprised how well the game holds up.
  • Dadyo238 - April 21, 2012 6:31 a.m.

Journey FTW!