• hu-deegan 22 hours ago

Devil May Cry? God Hand? Zone of the Enders? MDK? (If Nidhogg is gonna be on here, why not The Binding of Isaac or Super Meat Boy?)
  • Docrok 21 hours ago

Very few people understand the beauty of God Hand. Such an underrated game.
  • specter1359 21 hours ago

There are plenty of good games on here, some in the right places, others not. But a few games that I personally thought should have definitely at least made it were: Destroy All Humans 2 (at least in the 30's) Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (at least in the 20's-30's) Left 4 Dead 2 (instead of L4D1) Killing Floor (80-100) G Mod (50-100) Metro 2033 (Top 20 for sure for the amazing and detailed Post-Nuked Moscow story mode) Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal (30-50) Payday 2 (40-60) That's my personal list. To each their own.
  • captainbibbish 18 hours ago

An impossible task with games like Resi 4 arguably representing the early Resi series in general, but Heavy Rain? What?
  • ilikeike12 13 hours ago

This is a pretty ballsy list. Destiny better than Symphony of the Night? Skyrim better than The Last of Us? You've got balls, GR. And I commend you for that.
  • SagradongEkis 12 hours ago

Where the hell is God of War? Legend of Dragoon? Ocarina of Time? Since this is a list of the 'best games' ever, it should include StarCraft and Diablo as well.
  • londonbailey 11 hours ago

I've been playing videogames since 1980 and have played (and enjoyed) almost every game on this list. I might disagree here and there with the positioning of some titles, and I certainly disagree with some notable exclusion (Half Life, for freek's sake), but there's one thing the list gets perfectly right, Dark Souls is simply the greatest videogame ever made. Come on Bloodborne, the challenge is on!
  • David_Roberts 9 hours ago

We limited ourselves to representing a series by choosing one game (or two if the game has 2D and 3D incarnations), and we felt that Half-Life 2 is a much better, more cohesive experience than the first game. Not that 1 isn't deserving to be on a list of amazing games, but based on those limitations, 2 was our pick. Glad to see you liked the list! I'm proud of how it turned out. :D
  • Relayer71 11 hours ago

So refreshing to see a list: - Without FF7 - With Chrono Trigger NOT in the top 10 - With Wind Waker Surprised at the #1 pick and that Skyrim wasn't in the top 10. Disappointed that Super Metroid and Castlevania SoTN are so low. Final Fantasy IX or XII should have made the list instead of 12. Phantasy Star II or IV should have made the list as well.
  • Relayer71 11 hours ago

Oops, meant instead of FFX. Definitely a ballsy list.
  • prencess-popoto 10 hours ago

Ummmmm I know sometimes try not to be "obvious" and I respect and agree with FF6 abd FF10 being here but.... FF7 OBVIOUSLY should not have been excluded.... That is saying FF7 is in not a top 100 game??????? LOL!!!
  • Relayer71 10 hours ago

It was a great game for its time but it has aged poorly compared to other FF games, even older ones and if you're going to add FF7 then you should definitely add FF IV, IX and XII which are better games in many ways. FF7 has a place in most important games of all time, but best? Too many great games exist which are much better, not to mention JRPGs. I think a remake with much improved writing would definitely be a contender, though.
  • prencess-popoto 10 hours ago

I just don't agreee with aged poorly thing that some ppl put out there and while I agree that those othersshould be included, 7 did so much it should be on the list. Ff9 is technically abetter game overall and 10 over 9??
  • Le_Mental 9 hours ago

Ocarina of Time...
  • sephex 8 hours ago

"This is the Empire Strikes Back of the Mass Effect series; the dark middle-child with amazing narrative depth, a host of great characters" I don't agree. Empire Strikes Back of the series is the third one. It's the darkest grittiest, most realistic one. The second one is more of the same of the first one, aka Return of The Jedi.
  • sephex 8 hours ago

" most densely-populated and detailed open-world of all time" What? Red Dead Redemption? It's empty as hell! Did we play the same game?
  • Alex032691 4 hours ago

Read the beginning again, he was talking about GTA V.
  • tepidfaith 7 hours ago

Wow what a refreshing list. No 7 games from one series Type of bs here. I love it. And my favorite game of all time made the number 1 spot. Cant believe it. Totally deserving. Fantastic.
  • shaun-buster-macey 7 hours ago

Destiny is on this list, yeah... you've lost credibility.
  • yoshi-wall 5 hours ago

Chrono Trigger and Portal 2 fell to Bayonetta, Skyrim, COD MW and Friggin' Minecraft? And Red Dead Redemtion and GTA 5 beat BioShock, Ocarina and Elder Scrolls? Seriously, you guys have a serious Rockstar boner. But worst of all is the fact that Zelda lost to Dark Souls. Look, Dark Souls isn't in any way more "Mature" than Zelda. I've seen better lists from 6 year old trolls on youtube.