• Muskie - December 20, 2014 12:45 p.m.

Well... a 2D platformer fan I imagine.... 2D games are for kids. Most of the games mentioned are for young kids. If you want to waste your time on old 2D games well do it. If you think Metal Gear Solid 3 is better than the 4 you really don't know what is a good game. The only good Metal Gear Solid is the 4. The other ones have bad controls and ugly graphics and a dam linear USA comics/Rambo crappy scenario. You have some good games there maybe some classics (but who wants to start from the beginning and play old crap if you compare of what we do today?) Please people don't waste your precious time and money based on that LOL. I can say the top best games is always between the 2 last years you make a list. Going back to much in time is just happy kid memory. I liked all the Zombies movies when I was young. Now if I try to look at this today I can easily call it piece of garbage after 5-10 minutes of view. Same for most of those games here. Super Mario was a classic in the 80-90. Now there is no reason to go back because too much better games are released each year. All other 2D games from the 90 in that list are even worst than Super Mario in all aspect. Games like Journey are just for discovery not classics. If you don't have any replay after 2 hours it is not a classic. LOL. Here is my top 10: Unreal Tournament, Half Life(series), UT2004, All the Warcraft, Starcraft, Hearthstones, World of Warcraft. Uncharted 2, League of Legends, Guildwar (PVP). Top 20 (+10) Rome: Total War , Company of Heroes, Age of Empires II , Hitman: Blood Money ,Mass Effect series, Dragon Age: Origins (and the series too) , The Longest Journey, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic , Beyond: Two Souls. Do you see any 2D games here? NO!!! Any Mario or Galaga? no LOL. Those games must be under the top 200 LOL Any 3D game with a rating of 7.5+ the last 10 years are better than those overrated 2D games. The list goes on: top 30 (+10) The Last of US (online), Horizon, GTA5(or any good old one), Max Pain,Fable, System Shock 2 , Team Fortress 2, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault , Dishonored , Call of Duty (many good titles) top 40 (+10): Batman: Arkham Asylum (and city), Metal Gear Solid 4, F.E.A.R. , No One Lives Forever (series), The Elder Scrolls V, Battlefield (series), Heavy Rain, BioShock (series), The Sims (choose one it is all the same) , Maybe Portal 2 here LOL. Ok I think people understand why I try to say. :D
  • NoWayDude - January 4, 2015 11:23 p.m.

Either you're the worst troll ever, or you have the crappiest taste in gaming I have ever seen.
  • Muskie - January 5, 2015 11:44 p.m.

Go play your 2D games moron LoL. These are the best games ever made. Try it hard or die like a ignorant noob. LoL
  • NoWayDude - January 7, 2015 1:02 p.m.

Continue to play your overhyped gun-fests dude. You may have listed a couple of good games (Portal) but the majority of the games you claim to be so good have either aged poorly, or were never worth the hype to begin with. Meanwhile, Super Mario Bros. 3 is still a blast. But I know an uneducated child such as yourself has trouble grasping the concept of appreciating timeless works and the craft that went into them. For a simpleton such as yourself, you only need marketers to tell you what's new and shiny and, in your primitive little mind, that automatically makes it one of the best ever.
  • Muskie - January 7, 2015 2:44 p.m.

Hey moron, Super Mario has 0 replay value. Do you really play games? The online games are the key. You play against other players not against stupid Repetitive AI bot. Online games never end. Platform games die once you are bored or finished the game. Portal die once you completed all the easy levels. Some hours and it is done and you go for another game. I call it cleanex games ( clean next) LoL. You have over 100 000 of unreal tournament maps on the Internet to play with other real people. It is more than a lifetime of gameplay. You have like 20 000 mods and mutators to change the game for what you want. You can built what you want with the tools that comes with the game. Think about it.
  • palceu - January 8, 2015 9 p.m.

Online games's servers are turned off. You won't be playing your Battlefield game with your other revolted fellas when you're 30. Saying that Super Mario doesn't have replay value is complete bullshit, you obviously didn't even play the game or get invested in it, because there are plenty of levels that are more fun to play than any game's multiplayer mode. And if you judge a game's quality by it's custom maps or mods, done by unprofessional people because they felt like doing so, you must review your concepts.
  • NoWayDude - January 14, 2015 1:58 a.m.

lol Online games never die? I suppose that's why Star Wars Galaxies and City of Heroes are still around, eh? Once servers get shut down it's (quite literally) game over. Meanwhile, Super Mario World will always be a classic. It's design is timeless. Online games go the way of the dodo as soon as the new wave of popular online games come around. If they can't maintain their player base than they're doomed. But Mario 3 and World will always be great. Think about it. I know asking you to think is like asking a man to move a mountain, but I can hope for a miracle.
  • Connor311 - 23 hours, 13 minutes ago

Good list. Though personally I would add killing floor and planetside.
  • johnny_rocket - December 14, 2014 7:48 p.m.

This is actually a pretty good list , and of course you can't please every gamer. I also loved how you guys put enduring classics that stand the test of time, but with that being said how on earth is Mike Tyson's Punch Out not on this list. I also believe that this list should have 5 honorable mentions, but those are of course up for debate.
  • CrowStar - January 17, 2015 2:26 a.m.

What confuses me is how things like Tetris even count as video games. You guys should put on some real content after listing you favourites in reverse order, instead of filling up the gaps with mobile games, and the old 2D/3D Zelda, Metroid and Mario excuse.
  • Mullet - November 10, 2014 1:05 p.m.

This list fails so hard. You missed some OBVIOUS games here, yet you include games like Journey... Journey! that game where you walk around and look at pretty things, and seriously Portal is the best game ever made.... Sorry I rest my case.
  • waj2000 - November 10, 2014 10:49 a.m.

I, for one actually agree with most of the games on the list, but some of the comments below, look like they were ripped right out of Call Of Duty online multiplayer. i mean seriously "Battle field is gay and I swear to god fifa is the worlds best game and call of duty is the second" I though we had all of these people killed off already.
  • sephex - October 25, 2014 4:42 a.m.

The biggest fail of this list that it both tries to appral to old and new. If I think about the best games today, I dont think of any PS2 games and hardly any Snes games. If I'm thinking about the best games off all time, then The Last of Us is too high and the list is seriously lacking some classics.
  • sephex - October 25, 2014 4:26 a.m.

Guys, have you read the intro? The best games to play Today! Now I'm not agreeing with this list at all, but at least read the damn introduction before you make suggests.
  • bobbytomorow - October 24, 2014 1:13 a.m.

Stop with the bloody slide shows, I'm not clicking a hundred friggin buttons
  • amonline - October 22, 2014 3:42 a.m.

You have to be kidding, no ELITE?!?!?! One of the most influential video games of all time!
  • Honeybadger - October 14, 2014 6:06 a.m.

I really think that Fallout 1 shouldve been ranked higher that what it was. I mean the game at the time was one of a kind and pretty much brought things to the table that we always wanted but never had in an RPG/Turnbased/Tactical game. Lots of puzzles and your actions always had consequences either good or bad. Another I think should be higher on the list is Diablo 2. Not to mention Diablo 1 though..... Also, why the hell does every list everyone make have that stupid piece of garbage Portal or portal 2 as the top game?? There are plenty of other games out there that put those games to shame. Do a best 100 games on PC and PC only. Lets see what you come up with on it and how bad your decisions are.
  • paul-mcintosh - October 13, 2014 3:41 a.m.

No Street fighter 2? No revenge of shinobi? Sonic 3+Knuckles was infinitely better than Sonic 2, Ocarina of time is way better than windwaker, No Tekken 3, Gunstar Heroes?? Goldeneye?? Panzer dragoon saga? Streets of rage 2?? I disagree that you have Assasins creed black flag representing the series when Assassins creed 2 or even brotherhood were more fun to play, I thought arkham asylum was better than arkham city, GTA San Andreas was by far the best GTA game I've played too
  • mmedar - October 13, 2014 2:50 a.m.

I think that FF9 is the best game ever with a greatest story I've seen in some game, and it's not even on you're list. Also FF7 and FF8 are better than most of your 100 games.
  • paul-mcintosh - October 13, 2014 3:47 a.m.

FF9 is criminally underrated
  • Zawadi - October 6, 2014 11:05 p.m.

I will just have to say.. I do not agree with this list at all :)
  • Domissoo - October 19, 2014 4:57 a.m.

You're absolutely right!