Topics

Best games

• Relayer71 - August 3, 2013 12:25 p.m.

3DS is on a roll this year.
  • Nocturne989 - August 2, 2013 1:48 p.m.

With Shin Megami Tensei IV and Fire Emblem Awakening both winning best game for their respective release month, I'm even more stoked for SMT X Fire Emblem!
  • Redeater - August 2, 2013 11:39 a.m.

I think when all is said and done, 2013 will end up in the top five of "best years in gaming" lists.
  • brickman409 - August 30, 2013 11:11 p.m.

people say that every year
  • talleyXIV - August 31, 2013 3:06 p.m.

It has pretty good but the good games have not come in bunches. A couple of horrible months in between great ones.
  • winner2 - August 2, 2013 9:52 a.m.

It's shaping up to be a great year.
  • Cyberninja - August 1, 2013 9:07 p.m.

SMT IV was easily the winner hands down good pick
  • tehtimeisnow - August 1, 2013 3:37 p.m.

angrey birds star wers 2 and call of duyt gohsts r by far the most best ganes of the year
  • slimjim441 - August 5, 2013 10:47 a.m.

That one was a little too obvious.
  • shawksta - August 1, 2013 3:07 p.m.

Can't wait for July, lots of big games, I wonder who'll be top and second.
  • Shakalakalaka - July 1, 2013 5:05 p.m.

Lets c if GTA 5 or watchdogs can beat TLOS for game of the year??!!
  • shawksta - July 1, 2013 1:30 p.m.

Of course The Last of Us, the game deserves it, despite its lack of engaging gameplay, it still holds up with everything else and the Multiplayer is already engaging in itself. Bioshock Infinite vs The Last of Us, this is gonna be interesting, of course everyone has their own best games, but since Media loves pandering, this is pretty much it.
  • obviouslyadouche - July 1, 2013 2:09 p.m.

I found the gameplay very engaging, much more so then infinite's.
  • shawksta - July 1, 2013 3:14 p.m.

To each their own, either way, they both have a big sense of a relationship.
  • rcarrasco121 - July 1, 2013 11:47 a.m.

Bioshock Infinite, Luigi's Mansion, Ni No Kuni, Tomb Raider, The Last of Us. Such a great year in video games, and we still have 6 months to go. It makes me wonder about the types of games we'll be getting at the end of the ps4/Xbone generation.
  • MrJP - June 2, 2013 4:52 a.m.

Nice to see Tomb Raider and Bioshock 2 getting some recognition in the comments section. I just finished Tomb Raider and Infinite before it, and completely agree that Tomb Raider was the better game. I never truly got to grips with the Vigors in Infinite like I did with the plasmids in Bioshock 2. By the end of Bioshock 2 I felt like a boss and relished the combat, but at the end of Infinite I didn't feel I'd massively moved on from the start of the game. Playing Tomb Raider felt a lot like the first time I played Resident Evil 4 through, it had me hooked. Even though most of what it does is borrowed ideas, it still feels fresh and was really engrossing. The island was creative genius. Infinite was excellent no doubt, but for me it felt like it was too episodic and the way it moved from one section to the next felt a bit off because of the separate floating islands. Maybe it was just that I was expecting more and less from the two games and expectations got the better of me.
  • Redeater - June 2, 2013 1:04 p.m.

Sadly, I think after all the hype dies down we will recognize B:I for what it was. A good game with a great story. I went through the game 3 times and loved it but gameplay wise I don't think it is even close to B:2. You hit it on the head about the growing power in 2. I think most people missed that you were supposed to become more powerful and godlike while getting Daddies thrown at you like popcorn............which was kind of the point of Adam in the first place.
  • Redeater - May 31, 2013 8:38 p.m.

Tomb Raider, Metro LL, Infinite and Fire Emblem. This has been a fucking incredible year. These games have easily become some of my favorites of this generation.
  • Redeater - May 31, 2013 8:41 p.m.

It is sad that while Metro has sold a fraction of what TR has, we are almost certainly going to see a sequel to Metro while TR is up in the air. Seriously people, go buy both new if you can. I'm sure TR is down to $30-$40 by now. It's the best Metroid game since Super Metroid.