• HIM - March 7, 2014 7:54 p.m.

On the other hand, I think the MGS remake is terrible, sorry
  • nn89 - April 15, 2014 3 a.m.

It had me curious for years. mgs has one of the highest places on my list of favorite things ever. i finally played the "remake." and yeaaahh… it was so cool seeing a few things rendered in such better graphics, but man, why did they have to run over so much of a masterpiece. the original music was perfect, i thought all the original voice acting was also perfect, and noticeably better to me. surprisingly the replacing of perspective also made the game seem so much smaller. they even took away snakes swayze-roadhouse roundhouse kick. and yeah, snake all of the sudden does extremely over the top ninja moves every chance he gets… maybe a lot of people, fans of the original and those who never played it, liked twin snakes, and thats cool, people like different things. i personally just couldn't see why they didn't let it remain closer to the original masterpiece it was, and let what improvements they could have done in graphics be enough.
  • HIM - March 7, 2014 7:48 p.m.

I envied that Resident Evil remake for years! Still never got the chance to play it
  • Relayer71 - March 7, 2014 5:26 p.m.

Probably the most underrated system of all time. Not just for its library, but from a design perspective. It was DIFFERENT, in a good way. But about that library: Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil (the remake), Resident Evil Zero, Paper Mario, Tales Of Symphonia, Resident Evil 4, Zelda Windwaker, Zelda Twilight Princess, Resident Evil 4, Fire Emblem, Super Mario Sunshine, Resident Evil 4, Mario Golf, Metroid Prime, and many more including Resident Evil 4, one of the greatest games of ALL time. Resident Evil was one of the best remakes ever. The Metal Gear remake was also good. Such a great system, I will never part with mine.
  • Galaxy010 - March 6, 2014 9:38 p.m.

The Gamecube gets a lot of flak, but honestly it is probably my favorite overall game system ever. I mean, three of my Top 5 games are PMTTYD, Zelda WW, and Mario Sunshine. Not to mention the GC had the superb Metroid Prime games, Animal Crossing, etc etc etc
  • winner2 - March 6, 2014 1:05 p.m.

About time I saw sunshine get the love it deserves, I get annoyed every time Cooper's like "and then sunshine was what it was". That game was the shit. Also I'm not surprised but I wish Spartan Total Warrior was on here. It was the gamecube's god of war and i thought it was more fun than god of war sometimes. Definitely not in the set piece territory but the combat was satisfying, and the weapons all felt fun. That Achilles spear. That final outfit. God damn.
  • Tiewl - March 6, 2014 9:14 a.m.

I was hoping to see Second Sight on this list. or the best of PS2 or Xbox list. I think that game deserves the recognision.
  • Doctor_Pancakes - March 6, 2014 5:17 a.m.

Fantastic list. I wonder how many people in the staff actually played theses fantastic games though lol I always got the impression this and other sites saw the Gamecube as a joke of the generation every time it was mentioned in passing but according to this list yall recognize the console for the greatness it was. I wouldn't have put PN03 on there though. Literally loads of better games that could have gone there. Like Donkey Konga, great games lol
  • brickman409 - March 5, 2014 11:46 p.m.

Man, why is Chibi Robo so expensive on eBay? It goes for $25 for just the disc, around $40-$60 in the case and manual and it's ridiculously expensive sealed. I remember seeing it at gamestop a few years ago for only around $10. I brought it up to the cash register but then changed my mind and decided not to buy it last minute. I really regret that decision.
  • pl4y4h - March 5, 2014 7:33 p.m.

My first games for the gamecube I still remember them to this day: SSX Tricky, Star Wars Rogue Leader (Squadron 2), Luigi's Mansion, and Madden 2002. Good times, good times
  • PlainLikeVanilla - March 5, 2014 4 p.m.

P.N. 03? Really?
  • shawksta - March 5, 2014 3:36 p.m.

Dont forget that Pacman vs had Charles Martinet as the announcer.
  • Vonter - March 5, 2014 2:38 p.m.

Some say the N64-PSX era was an uncanny time for 3D games but I think the PS2-GC-Xbox was the uncanny time for videogames. Trying to build more expression an emotion to the medium but not being up there yet. Is a love-hate time for me as a gamer since for every Metroid Prime, Shadow of the Colossus, Ninja Gaiden, there were like 10 titles that were kind of odd, Viewtiful Joe, Splinter Cell, Doom 3, Final Fantasy XII. Or mix bags like the Windwaker, Mario Sunshine, MGS 2, Kingdom Hearts 2. But oh well there was still more variety than the last generation, but not as much as the N64-PSX era.
  • LittleGreen - February 26, 2014 4:30 p.m.

Kinda cool to see WW make number one, but it doesn't really deserve it...
  • sephex - February 10, 2014 6:42 a.m.

I think Resident Evil 4 is the best game on the previous generation, and thus the GameCube.
  • ObliqueZombie - February 5, 2014 6:43 p.m.

MEEETROIIID PRIIIIIIIIIIIME!
  • Subgenre - February 5, 2014 4:22 p.m.

It looks like I'm the only person in the entire world that didn't like Tales of Symphonia.
  • JMarsella09 - February 5, 2014 4:07 p.m.

Wind Waker is probably the best, but the Resident Evil Remake will aways by my personal favorite. It's just the highest quality of survival horror out there.
  • Nomado - February 5, 2014 4:29 p.m.

The game is timeless. It still looks amazing maybe will still look amazing even after decades later. I loved the control scheme on Gamecube. Using A button to move forward was most convenient control scheme for tank controls.
  • FlyinHawaiian13 - February 5, 2014 4:06 p.m.

No Harvest Moon :(