• NightbornAngel - May 3, 2013 4:38 p.m.

Just letting you know, Halo did have a live action movie It's called Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn DVD was released in America only I believe, or Region 1 T'was actually rather great
  • Vmachine - May 3, 2013 3:46 p.m.

The 2008 Prince of Persia trailer! The Splinter Cell Conviction launch trailer and of course, The Last Guardian
  • Sinosaur - May 3, 2013 1:21 p.m.

Missing trailers: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron VGA trailer left me feeling like I was 10 and just saw the most amazing thing ever and oh my god that's Grimlock! And I know it's not for current gen, but the trailer came early this year: Cyberpunk 2077's trailer brought out feelings in me that I hadn't felt since the days of the PS1 and PS2 when you'd see something with absolutely no gameplay, but still be completely floored by how impressive it looked. It sold me on the game that would aspire to this, and showed off core concepts of the universe without needing to say a word.
  • Acerlux - May 3, 2013 1:19 p.m.

If you're gonna pick a trailer from Mass Effect 2, I'd have gone with the launch trailer. Love the opening of that with Sheen.
  • Jeff the Fridge - May 3, 2013 12:11 p.m.

Dead Island is proof alone that CG trailers really shouldn't be allowed until gameplay is shown. I mean, most of the world got hyped after seeing that trailer, and what happened after? It was so dull and repetitive I don't even remember
  • Letter11 - May 3, 2013 2:49 p.m.

I completely agree that most trailers are no where near representative of the final product. But that being said, I'm a bit surprised Dead Island's was so low on this list. Because when you consider how provocative it was, it's one of the most memorable trailers in recent history. I found it extremely difficult to watch, it was that intense. Every time an advertisement featuring it would play, I could only look away and listen to the haunting music. Granted the gameplay was nowhere close but damn, what a powerful trailer. I guess this is where the class action lawsuit against Gearbox and Sega comes into play. I wonder what the courts will decide. My favorite trailer is for Metro Last Light. It's a beautiful synergy of compelling music and nerve wracking (actual?) gameplay. No trailer has ever made me so excited before. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sahRC3N10xg
  • BladedFalcon - May 4, 2013 6:57 p.m.

I don't think this list had any kind of ranking, so which trailer was put first or last doesn't really mean anything significant.