• ajay-vs - March 11, 2014 8:54 p.m.

Well it made me happy to see ezio, Joel and drake in the list. But games radar again forgets Dante . the guys in games radar you ever played DMC...!!! DMC doesn't make your list at all. And you forget Lara croft , Agent 47... These characters are game sellers Mann. Where is kratos.... U don't even have super Mario in your list.
  • usmovers_02 - June 22, 2014 11:34 a.m.

All characters that DIDN'T DEBUT LAST GEN!!
  • hintzke - March 11, 2014 5:19 p.m.

Again Gamesradar continues its long running troll of placing something Portal related at #1, despite the franchise being among the modern day definitions of mediocre and really only shining for its witty t-shirt worthy slogans.
  • ajay-vs - March 11, 2014 8:56 p.m.

Agree you always See portal being their #1 game . poor list by games radar again
  • usmovers_02 - June 22, 2014 11:33 a.m.

What's wrong with thinking Glados is the best character? Lots of people agree. Besides no list like this will ever work for everybody.
  • bschaefer19 - March 11, 2014 4:28 p.m.

No Dohvakiin???
  • usmovers_02 - June 22, 2014 11:33 a.m.

Dohvakiin isn't a character...
  • SlowOctopus - March 11, 2014 1:38 p.m.

I'm really happy to see Rucks from Bastion on this list! I just replayed that game recently and I just wanted to lay back and listen to him talk. I'm also happy to see that John Marston is high up there. He's still one of my favorites too.
  • bebl09 - October 15, 2013 9:26 p.m.

Did you remove that article about video games aping Hollywood too much because it said Nathan Drake isn't an amazing character, which contradicts you putting him at #2 on your 'best characters' list?
  • FabianoGM - October 14, 2013 4:20 p.m.

Mordin Solus? Seriously? Where is Commander Sheppard and Miranda Lawson?
  • usmovers_02 - June 22, 2014 11:34 a.m.

Or half the rest of the crew.
  • hunter-payne - October 14, 2013 3:18 p.m.

I don't understand how almost every list has some Portal game/character at number 1. I mean the series is not that good by any stretch of the imagination.
  • larkan - October 14, 2013 10:02 a.m.

Wow, Bayonetta is on the list, which is just a female version of Dante, yet no Commander Shepard? What about Gabriel Belmont? What about Adam Jensen? Lara Croft from the reboot? Elizabeth from Infinite?
  • Redeater - October 13, 2013 9:58 a.m.

"Kaim Argonar" His tramp stamp revealing armor and awful hair was his undoing for me. Well that Connor from AC3 would look like Nathan Drake if he was set next to Kaim......
  • MrPkhead - October 13, 2013 9:42 a.m.

Only other Mass Effect character I'd have had to include was Tali'Zorah. You didn't always agree with her motivations but you could always understand them. And there was something really rewarding about getting to know her through the layers of guardedness. She was fiercely loyal. I think Bonnie from Red Dead Redemption deserves an honourable mention for being so proud, businesslike and likeable. And another for Scolar Visari, a memorable lunatic with the strength of his convictions.
  • Clovin64 - October 13, 2013 7:04 a.m.

I heavily agree with some choices on this list (wuv yoo Garrus!) and disagree with others (surely Ellie and Sully should be higher?). I'm gonna go ahead and give recommendations to new Lara from the Tomb Raider reboot, new Dante from the DMC reboot and good ol' Sazh from FFXIII.
  • Lycanthrokeith - October 12, 2013 11:13 p.m.

Just my opinion of course, but how about Phoenix Wright?
  • remyniss - October 12, 2013 10:37 p.m.

I'm normally not very opinionated about these countdowns, but my god having Ellie at 38 is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. You have Ellie from The last of Us behind some of your typical generic video game characters. Naughty Dog makes some of the best characters and they hire quality actors. Their characters and actors make most games look like garbage. Ellie and Joel are easily the most memorable characters I have ever been able to play in a video game. Naughty Dog gave me what I have always wanted from a video game. Movie quality characters, acting, and story. Although I forget, I'm a unique male who enjoys stories with emotion and great meaning, and one that doesn't have your typical male driven nonsense. The best aspect of Naughty Dog games is their respect for female characters. They don't make their female characters partially clothed or overly stupid and slutty, and I applaud them for it.
  • SpaceOdysseus - October 12, 2013 6:38 p.m.

You're getting quite a bit of hate for this list, but I suppose that's normal. Anyway, I'd like to counter that by saying I really liked the list. I don't think it was necessary to put EVERY portal character on the list, but hey. Gamings not famous for its storytelling, so you're digging through an unfortunately shallow pool. Still it would have been nice to see a Kentucky Route Zero character on here. All in all, I'm just really happy Samantha Greenbriar is on the list. There's an extremely short list of games that will make me cry. Gone Home was on there.
  • KnightDehumidifier - October 12, 2013 3:32 p.m.

So this generation's best video game characters according to the top ten are either robots with copious amounts of witticism, existentialist believers and analysts, and just dudes who kill dudes.