• JMarsella09 - April 16, 2012 2:34 p.m.

I think Tetris is a better #1 simply based on the impact it had on gaming as a whole. Sure anyone could play it but it was heavily marketed to adults and sold amazingly well for it. My mother who abhors all video games with a fiery temper, still will play Tetris. This shows how acceptable the game became amongst the older generations, really one of if not the first to due so.
  • BladedFalcon - April 16, 2012 7:09 p.m.

It may be so, considering it placed as #2 in GR's oroginal "Best 100 games of all time" list. But Well, i don't really argue with Pokemon, because it truly defined my childhood, and I got a GBC mainly so I could play Pokemon Silver. I mean, perhaps Tetris is the more important, timeless one, but Pokemon's own impact, depth, and even timeless as it stands today can't really be denied either. There's a reason why each iteration of the series continues to thrive even though the core game remains largely the same.
  • Person5 - April 16, 2012 7:32 p.m.

Pokemon Silver was playable on the original GB, Crystal on the other hand was GBC only, sorry, felt I should correct you slightly
  • BladedFalcon - April 16, 2012 8:23 p.m.

Oh, I never said I bought the GBC because I couldn't play Silver, simply that I upgraded it so I could play it XD Since it did look way better in the GBC, and my old brick of a GB was too old by then.
  • AshLynx - April 16, 2012 2:26 p.m.

Dammit, Magi Nation gets shafted from a "best of" GB/C game list again? Not just here, but everywhere that games seems overlooked. Not even a screenshot in the "What do you think" (aka some honorable mentions), man! One of the better RPGs I think I've played period and one of the funniest games I've played. I keep trying to tell everyone to try that game out! It's awesome, it needs more love too!
  • Redeater - April 16, 2012 2:25 p.m.

I had to check the list twice but I couldn't believe my eyes! No Contra Operation C??? I have played almost every game on this list and while some of these games haven't aged to well Operation C remains just as fun today as it was when it came out.
  • WTeen8 - April 16, 2012 2:18 p.m.

Pokemon Silver, Wario Land 3, SMB DX, Pokemon Pinball, Pokemon Yellow (I assume it's implied to be with red/blue) were my childhood. And I now own Mario's Picross, Gargoyles Quest, and SML2, thanks to my 3DS Great list guys.
  • Killshot - April 16, 2012 2:05 p.m.

I personally would have loved to see the pokemon trading card game it had an awesome story, and the developer went out of its way to animate all the pokemon attacks, also the japan only sequel was amazing which featured a whole new island on top of the island from the first a la pokemon gold/silver
  • BladedFalcon - April 16, 2012 6:56 p.m.

Oh yeah! agreed! I loved that pokemon trading card game! Then again, they already put 3 pokemon games in this list as it is XD (Though I'd trade the trading card game for the pinball one, to be honest >> That one never really grabbed me.)
  • Person5 - April 16, 2012 7:34 p.m.

Wait, they made a Pokemon trading card game for the gameboy??? *goes off in search of this game*
  • BladedFalcon - April 16, 2012 8:24 p.m.

Hells yeah! And it was pretty awesome if you ask me.
  • r200reviews - April 16, 2012 2:02 p.m.

Wario Land 3 has always been my favorite Game Boy Color game. It's good to see it on the list.
  • J-Fid - April 16, 2012 1:45 p.m.

"so let us know in the comments below what you would change about our list of the Best Wii games of all time." "Shantae: Risky’s Revenge hit DSiWare last year" What? Typos aside, good list.
  • J-Fid - April 16, 2012 4:17 p.m.

Yay!! They fixed the typos!
  • ObliqueZombie - April 16, 2012 1:22 p.m.

Good list! I remember a lot of these, but too bad I was too young to enjoy the tougher, more adventure-based titles. I don't even think I did well in the Pokemon games, too be honest. I was such a shameful gamer.
  • viberunner - April 16, 2012 1:18 p.m.

I didn't play the GB/GBC but played the GBA. By far the best game on that platform was PINBALL OF THE DEAD.