• omnilion - April 6, 2010 12:43 p.m.

Oh yeah, I forgot. WipeOut 2097 HD, that would be something I'd put my money on, even though I don't like racing games. That's the only racing game I've ever loved.
  • Fuzunga - April 6, 2010 12:54 p.m.

Halo, please!
  • StrayGator - April 6, 2010 1:05 p.m.

Descent series. Dual analog sticks are what it neede all the time. and of course Doom, Dark forces and many other classic FPSs that didn't pretend to be smart, strategic or realistic but just plain fun.
  • MaynardJ - April 6, 2010 1:25 p.m.

Oh yeah, Descent and Dark Forces! Add Jedi Knight, Quake and Heretic to that list! The one that needs a remake the worst: the best forgotten game I ever played, Rollcage! Me and my brother had loads of fun around '97 driving on tunnel ceilings and letting buildings collapse on each other after shooting them with missiles. If they do it right, it could be as good as a new F-Zero game. And Halo needs to be remade with about 25% of the repetitive indoor level design. I finished the game on PC and just kept going through the same corridor over, and OVER, and OVER!, AND THEN BACK THE WAY I CAME!!
  • k1ng94 - April 6, 2010 1:28 p.m.

I really want a ico and shadow of the colossus remake since i never got a chance to play them on the ps2,
  • Gahmah - April 6, 2010 1:42 p.m.

Phatasy Star Online, been playing the gamecube one splitscreen with my friends and still getting fun out of it. That game had a really fast pace, four zones divided into areas of 2 3 2 and 4 for the final zone, and multiple difficulties that brought new rewards. Monster hunter doesn't quite fill that gap in my heart left by PSO back on the dreamcast.
  • Gahmah - April 6, 2010 1:43 p.m.

wait a minutes isn't that also online 4 player co-op....
  • TomMishkin - April 6, 2010 1:49 p.m.

«Remake Morrowind. Pretty please! The atmosphere in that game is still better than Oblivion's, if the gameplay is not up to snuff. So, updating it would make perfect sense» F**k yes, that'd be great. Morrowind is still my favorite Elder Scrolls game, what you say 'bout the atmosphere is right - the bleakness and melancholy of the landscapes, the dungeons and even the cities is still unmatched. Even by Fallout 3, IMO, and that's saying much. Plus, the story in Morrowind is by far the best ever written by Bethesda, and helped me make it through the sluggish gameplay and the endless frustration of broken weapons, broken combat and glitches. Still one of my favorite games ever, no doubt. Remaking it to make it look like an actual game and not a beta release would be a smart move.
  • breener96 - April 6, 2010 2:24 p.m.

Good article! I really loved Twin Snakes, I thought that they improved so much! I really want to see the original Crash Bandicoot re-made. I wrote an article on it and everything. Here's the link if anyone's interested http://breener.wordpress.com/2010/04/04/crash-bandicoot-deserves-a-hd-remake/ reCaptcha: humping missile
  • meteoracle - April 6, 2010 2:32 p.m.

@MaynardJ Terminal Velocity is an absolute must! I got properly addicted to that game. The only absolutely obvious one that sticks out for me is Lucasarts X-Wing Vs Tie-Fighter series. Easier said than done, but keep the gameplay, update the graphics and it'll sell by the boatload. Brilliant set of games. Plus it's Star Wars.
  • Tobli - April 6, 2010 2:45 p.m.

I would probably have gone with one of the FF4 remakes.
  • MaynardJ - April 6, 2010 2:46 p.m.

Here's another one: remake Crimson Skies, with the option to skip in-flight dialogue.
  • rxb - April 6, 2010 2:59 p.m.

I never had a ps2, Im so happy I got a chance to play Rez.
  • TyeTheCzar - April 6, 2010 3:09 p.m.

I'd like to see the Touhou games(both PC-98 games and the Windows releases) get remakes by Nicalis who did a wonderful adaptation of Cave Story. They could just simply add better art, which is the series and one-man creator's Achilles' Heel. And some features such as online leaderboards, the ability to share replays, a revamped translation that the fans weren't able to do, AND a universal music room(the Touhou series' soundtracks are consistently outstanding considering they're all composed by one man as well as that he makes the games) that one could access without going into individual games.
  • Clowns - April 6, 2010 3:23 p.m.

Hey you should have put in Tomb raider Anniversary, metriod zero mission,Kirby's nightmare in dreamland, and Starfox 64 yes it is a remake the creator himself said it was a remake of the original
  • metalgearsolidrocks - April 6, 2010 3:39 p.m.

id like to see all the MegamanX games. thoses were my favorite as a kid.
  • Rhymenocerous - April 6, 2010 3:43 p.m.

Twin Snakes is annoying - Solid Snake should not be doing backflips and shit. Resident Evil is a good remake, but even then it's to 'gothic,' what with the coffins and crimson heads stuff. The best remake ever is WipEout HD - you can download all the old WipEout games' music and play it in the game. Awesome. So yeah, in general remakes are a bad idea.
  • oufour - April 6, 2010 6:04 p.m.

ps3 versions of the kingdom hearts games would be nice.
  • kahana95 - April 6, 2010 6:05 p.m.

One word: POKEMON