• downliner - November 9, 2014 11:48 a.m.

Loved Arkham City and everything about it but there's something about origins that makes the whole thing lifeless. Possibly the lack of life in the city and the constant feeling that the whole world consists of people who want to kill you. That aside i decided to give it a go all the same. PC version i should add. - Crashed on the first launch (to the point where the PC had to be switched off and back on again) - Managed to get the game running but then another crash and forced shutdown in the prison. - Crossing over the bridge and coming to a familiar autosave caused the game to crash and again forced a hard reset. - an hour into the game and onto penguins boat i get killed with gunfire but the checkpoint restarts and absolutely no-one is on the boat now so i can't continue with that part and instead go to the comms tower close-by only to find that nothing is working the way it should be now....frustrating. - Forced to restart the game because of a corrupt save file and what happens again in the prison? Yep it crashes again. (wouldn't be so bad if i could end the process instead of having to hold the power button for 5 seconds each time) So yeah thats my experience of Origins. 2 Hours playing and 4 crashes, 1 game breaking bug and 4 PC breaking bugs. Way to go WBMontreal on such an epic release. :P
  • Shinn - October 31, 2013 3:30 a.m.

Oh great, now I can't get past Deathstroke. After I beat him, Batman was stuck in a loop examining his new tool, after I quit, the save reloaded before the fight. Now whenever I fight him, he disappears after the first round. I cannot progress.
  • Shinn - October 31, 2013 3:05 a.m.

The PC version has been stable for me, no crashes or corrupted saves so far. But no matter how I play, or what I do, every takedown alerts every enemy to my exact position. It doesn't matter if it's a stealth takedown, inverted takedown, ledge takedown, anything I do makes every enemy stop what they're doing, scream "he's here!" and start shooting in my immediate direction. Even enemies on the other side of a wall start shooting at the wall in a straight line to my location, with no line of sight at all. It's making the game's stealth sections boring as hell. It's just takedown, grapnel away, move move move, stealth takedown over and over for me.
  • allen-martin - October 30, 2013 12:18 p.m.

I've played through all of story mode and honestly the bugs weren't that bad. I had a couple failed boot ups and crashes through the course of it, and a few other odd bugs come up. Calling the game borderline broken though is just a gross overstatement. It's not half as buggy as a lot of other games that have come out in the last few years. Honestly my bigger issues are with game play and story which I honestly didn't think lived up to the standards set by the first two games. It's not a bad game at all, but it's not as good as the first two. Though the bugs are minor nuisances at best. Lost save game info could be a big problem, but so far haven't run into that. The other bugs are just mildly annoying, they don't break the game.
  • N7Spartan95 - October 30, 2013 6:07 a.m.

I was considering getting this, but if things are this bad, I might as well pick up Arkham City for cheap instead.
  • sagakarikikkaru - October 30, 2013 4:01 a.m.

I had framerate dips but calling it a borderline failure is just overstating it. It's not even that bad.
  • R_U_Guys_From_British - October 29, 2013 5:12 p.m.

I've been growing frustrated at the free flow combat too, thought I was nit picking at first but soon realized it wasn't as good as Rocksteady's.
  • GoldenEagle1476 - October 29, 2013 1:29 p.m.

Goddamn. This sounds even worse than the GTA Online launch. At least with that the single player wasn't broken.
  • Fuzunga - October 29, 2013 12:48 p.m.

I have the Wii U version and have experienced no problems thus far.
  • Unoriginal - October 29, 2013 11:59 a.m.

Alrighty Then: -I randomly become unable to Interrogate thugs after fights. -The game freezes 50% of the time a pre-rendered cutscene starts. -Framerate drops below 1 FPS after I fast-travel. -Sidequests and Riddler icons sometimes disappear from the map until I restart the game. -If I do anything other than stand still during autosaves the game freezes. -Dialog stops playing and I have to read the subtitles to know whats going on. -The Camera has a tendency to enter walls during frantic fight scenes. -Sometimes Batman takes out his Cryptographic Sequencer when in-engine cutscenes begin and the camera goes nuts trying to show me both the Sequencer and the event being portrayed. This is just the things I stumbled into frequently during one playthrough. The PS3 version of the game should not have gone on sale in this condition. I find it alarming how few reviews mention this.
  • Redeater - October 29, 2013 2:34 p.m.

And here I was, almost regretting getting the 360 version. I've found severe problems with the combat as well. I keep getting hit yet in AA I could pull off the all gadets/all moves combo flawlessly. It's now sitting on my shelf while I dip into AC 4.
  • jh4911 - October 29, 2013 10:57 a.m.

I've found the PC version fairly stable. I really enjoyed the game, what I really don't understand why the console version is so much more expensive than the PC version.
  • jh4911 - October 29, 2013 10:56 a.m.

I've found the PC
  • bebl09 - October 29, 2013 11:06 a.m.

I've found it too, it brought me peace and enlightenment
  • jedisamurai - October 29, 2013 10:51 a.m.

And that, my friends, is just one of the many reasons why I almost never buy games the day they come out. Paying 60.00 for a game is bad enough. 60.00 for a broken game? It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad. I'll wait for the game-of-the-year edition with all DLC for 19.99 (hopefully with all glitches fixed). And if the glitches are NEVER fixed? Then copies of this game will be floating around for nothing and I'll grab it for pennies. Forget buying new games this Winter. Time to hit the back catalog. I still need to beat Mass Effect 3 again...and Gran Turismo 5 is calling...and I barely started Twilight Princess...oh crap I have over a hundred unplayed games on steam!
  • Bercilak - October 31, 2013 10:21 a.m.

Precisely, old chum! Except that I'm going to wait for the collector's edition and buy it used. WB Montreal will never see a dime from me. They didn't earn it. I'm tired of broken games being released so that video game companies can use consumers as beta testers--testers who actually *pay* to do so, mind you, by buying the game. Unfortunately, so long as consumers continue to tolerate such shoddy quality, there's no real incentive on the part of companies to change their business practices.
  • CharThom - October 29, 2013 10:42 a.m.

This game has Bioshock2'd (its an adjective). I've played the same mission from the start 3 times.. when I started I played it for about 7 hours. In that time it froze 11 times and the game bugged during high enemy number fights, 10+. To quote Yahtzee Croshaw, this game is buggier than a big bug bugging out on a dune buggy. My own opinion about the game (ignoring bugs) It's sad because it seems rushed and uninspired, don't think I'm the only person annoyed about the riddle-based riddler challeneges been removed and the guy doing a pretty bad Kevin Conroy impression. But those are my own quams. The state of the bugs in this game and errors etc though are astounding.
  • bread_or_decide - October 29, 2013 10:41 a.m.

And yet...you gave it a rave review...okay.
  • Bloodstorm - October 29, 2013 10:50 a.m.

He clearly said he didn't have problems until after the day one patch.
  • bebl09 - October 29, 2013 11:01 a.m.

Not only did Dave not review the game, he clearly states in the article that the review build was fine and that it appears to be the patch that has caused all the issues.