Topics

Bad habit

• Brumbek - December 2, 2012 1:38 p.m.

Ha, some of these are genius! Great article. I find myself doing so many of these. Particularly saving the best weapons for boss fights, but as you say, the game assumes I won't be so clever and offers free guns right before the boss! Deus Ex Human Revolution did this constantly... Anyway, great stuff...but I will still continue striving for all Achievements because that's how I find my self-worth. :)
  • metalgatesolid - December 2, 2012 1:33 p.m.

Perfecting the game. All hitman games where played to death in order to get silent assassin on every level. Same as any game in which you can get a S rank. We gamers are sad, sad people... but awesome
  • Acerlux - December 2, 2012 1:29 p.m.

I have long suffered from chronic reload syndrome. Just killed a single guy with an LMG, still got 192/200 shots left in it? Better spend the next 10 seconds reloading it. Playing SWAT in halo where one head shot is a kill? Reload after every kill even if there's another 14 shots in the clip. Terrible habit has brought an end to me many times.
  • obviouslyadouche - December 2, 2012 12:36 p.m.

I'm guilty of so many of these, especially the nuclear option, I have to think about if for around three minutes in order to use it and by that point its not even worth it.
  • ThundaGawd - December 2, 2012 12:12 p.m.

The final boss one is so true, I wasted countless hours getting the best gear for my group in FFX, and then I 2-shotted the final boss. Admittedly, it was pretty hilarious, but I died a little inside at all the time spent gearing up for the ending.
  • gryzor - December 3, 2012 6:56 a.m.

With all that gear you could take a shot at Penance. If you decide to beat it without help of yojimbo its one of the most rewarding battles of jrpg.
  • ThundaGawd - December 3, 2012 2:25 p.m.

I'm tempted to do so, most of my characters had their Ultima weapons and heavily enchanted armor, so much so to the point that Kimahri would hit 99999 on standard attacks (thanks to the breach damage limit ability of Ultima weapons), and have up to 50k health thanks to the "breach health limit" enchant and the Rikku combination item that doubles the party's HP.