• Canvas_Of_Flesh - July 9, 2012 5:23 p.m.

Unfortunately, with it being Ubisoft you'll have to enter your online pass before you can watch the movie and that climax of the film will only be released after you pay an additional 10 dollars. Thanks, but no thanks. Fassbender is amazing, but not even great actors can save some films. Also, in regards to another point, the story is pretty good...for a game. I don't see it making a very good transition to the big screen.
  • BladedFalcon - July 9, 2012 5:40 p.m.

It hasn't even been announced who's directing, much less hasn't come out, and you're already condemning it beforehand? smart.
  • ColtPersonality - July 9, 2012 6:40 p.m.

well considering how many people condemn a game right from its announcement, i'm not to surprised.
  • BladedFalcon - July 9, 2012 9:03 p.m.

That doesn't make it any smarter of a move to make.
  • ParagonT - July 9, 2012 9:28 p.m.

The exact opposite of condemning/doubting it is praise/approving, so I think its just as fair to "condemn" something if everyone else is allowed to pump it up on articles. It's just people making hunches, and to be frank, any comment on this matter is going to be ignorant of the real facts until they are revealed, good comments or bad. Not that I agree with him although hahaha.
  • BladedFalcon - July 9, 2012 10:28 p.m.

Well, I'm neither saying this film will be any good. Again, we need more facts before we can even make a somewhat educated guess. Still, one thing is to claim it will be good, and another is to HOPE it will be good, which is the point of this article. I think it's fair to say that most gamers are starving for a genuinely good videogame movie, (And I'm sorry, MK is NOT a good movie, it's a fin, mindless flick at most, but it's NOT good.) So can you really blame people for wanting this to be good? Of course, the cynic in me will keep my hope in check anyway, since there IS a clear bad track record in VG movies for a reason, and as awesome as Michael Fassbender is, there is still a ways to go before this project can show genuine promise.
  • Darkhawk - July 9, 2012 4:18 p.m.

Until we know writer and director, this is all meaningless. Even an amazing cast (think Ben Kingsley) can be brought down by a terrible director (think Uwe Boll). P.S. Yes Ben Kingsley really has made a video game movie with Uwe Boll.
  • JachAnen - July 9, 2012 4:53 p.m.

Bloodrayne wasn't that bad. Just don't take Uwe seriously (think Postal) P.S. Yes Postal is the best videogame movie ever (Resident Evil second).
  • Tjwoods18 - July 9, 2012 3:47 p.m.

Max Pain was the worst video game movie I have ever seen. 10 minutes in and I just switched over to Spongebob Squarepants.
  • DASHONFIRE - July 9, 2012 3:56 p.m.

Really? Personally I thought it was ok.
  • winner2 - July 9, 2012 7:06 p.m.

oh who lives in a pineapple under the sea...
  • douchebag - July 12, 2012 1:07 p.m.

I take it you haven't seen Bloodrayne Tjwoonds18.