We Recommend

• Travia220 - July 9, 2012 9:24 p.m.

Assassins Creed has a deep plot? What are you comparing it to? Pong? Mario? The games plot is overly cheesy and very weak. It's about as deep as a puddle of water. So I wouldn't exactly try to pretend that's movie material. The only point I can see that's relevant is "The bar isn't set very high." Simpy put, all video game movies have sucked terribly. Although movies like Advent Children and Resident Evil: Degeneration have been very good, but they are not live action films. The only thing this movie has going for it is that they want to do it indie style so no large corporate bullcrap.
  • KidKatana - July 10, 2012 1:18 a.m.

Yeh I'm with Redeater on this, Hollywood blockbuster plotlines have been pretty weak for a long time, I don't think games have a particular disadvantage. Using Transformers is an obvious low blow for story, but frankly even enjoyable movies like the Avengers basically boil down to "superheroes get together; fight aliens". So, fingers crossed eh? AC has enough material and likeable characters that...yeh, basically what this article said.
  • archnite - July 10, 2012 9:09 p.m.

Id say Assassin's Creed's plot is important to the developers, more than a series of cutscenes to string along a bunch of levels. There's definitely more going on in the narrative than most other games, to the point where I'd say it was nearly MGS. Also their plot is helped out by the fact that 90% of each games story is based on real events (Period piece), and the weird future stuff only real comes in to book end things. I love the proposed idea of "time travel" and image a scene where he chases someone through the DNA/time-line who is also using an animus. But that's just an idea I had. ENDING COMMENT NOW.
  • Mensura - August 4, 2012 12:16 a.m.

chasing someone else using the animus? dude, it would be cool but totally wrong, Desmond wasn't going back through time, he's just viewing and re-living memories, unless I suppose they connect machines... but then, if someone else could be in those memories, then Desmond wouldn't be the main character, the whole point of Des being important is that he is the only individual who is a descendant of all three of the most important assassins, being the nexus of all the bloodlines. By the way, I REALLY hope Danny Wallace (face and voice of Shuan) plays in the film!! He made the AC II game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zPEJJuB6_s He says it himself. ^^ ↑
  • mrcheesy77 - July 17, 2012 8:32 a.m.

you're wrong... assassins creed has a very deep plot... maybe you just dont have the brain capacity to understand it.
  • aberkromby - July 9, 2012 8:55 p.m.

I hope Michael Bay directs it. I feel like the Assassins Creed series could use a few more exploding helicopters crashing into nuclear power plants in the middle of world war 5
  • profile0000 - July 10, 2012 11:21 a.m.

My entire head twitched at the thought of Bay directing an Assassin's Creed movie. The thing is, he'd totally do it too.
  • Shinn - July 9, 2012 7:15 p.m.

I would love this, there is so much room to expand the universe, and the story is loved by both seasoned gamers and the more casual mainstream audience..
  • IceBlueKirby - July 9, 2012 7:09 p.m.

I'm with some of the others that Mortal Kombat is the best video game movie, but Silent Hill is second for me. Still, AC at least has the potential to be better than them, and the article makes a good point as to why it's possible. So, I'm holding out hope that not only will it be better, it will actually be a good movie.
  • brickman409 - July 9, 2012 7:09 p.m.

the first assasins creed's gameplay sucked and was repetitive, but it had an interesting story and good voice acting. so who knows, maybe the movie will be better than the first game.
  • Javv - July 10, 2012 8:36 p.m.

agreed, but still... it was pretty fun to jump around bouldings
  • brickman409 - July 12, 2012 1:53 p.m.

yeah that was fun
  • Brutalicus - July 9, 2012 6:43 p.m.

I think the "developed internally" thing is definitely the biggest point. Ubisoft knows, loves, and depends on the AC franchise and will want it to succeed more than some Hollywood suits. Plus, Ubi has tons of money to throw at a big project like this... as we can tell from the casting so far. I am ready for videogame-movie adaptations to stop sucking.
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - July 9, 2012 6:42 p.m.

It would be so easy to make Assassin's Creed into a great movie, but I'm so afraid that it's going to someone get fucked up.
  • shadow707 - July 9, 2012 6:28 p.m.

assassins creed lineage was pretty good...hmm
  • Darklurkr23 - July 9, 2012 6:21 p.m.

NO I think the 1st Mortal Kombat is thought of "the best" Unfourantely. The RE's are close, but then again they suck hard as well. I know I'm never expected anything big w/ video game movies. But I have a qustion. Why hasn't anyone ever tried a Video Game movie in "Beowulf" art form? Then you could get all the actors, and not worryabout stunts and shit, and people would be like "Hye it looks just liek the game!" Done.
  • griffinkat - July 9, 2012 5:27 p.m.

Mortal Kombat is still the best Video game movie. and only becuase the game itself (orginal) didn't have that much of a plot to begin with. and the fight scenes where good. RE was probably 2nd best and that's stretching it. I've never played Max Pain but even I could tell that the movie was just pure bull and very little to do with game. Druggies seeing angels really?
  • The_King_of_Nothing - July 9, 2012 5:26 p.m.

It was the greatest, but it nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be. If he only gave it 10 minutes, then he had no desire to watch it anyway. He also turned to something much worse and put himself in a deeper hell than if he had watched Max Payne. (proper spelling, unless there is one with his spelling, then I have no idea about it) I'm guessing he was exaggerating and watched more than that. At least I hope so. Finally, there are definitely worse examples than Max Payne. Have you seen the latest Resident Evil. I was glad to see my theory on seeing it in the theaters being a waist of money were correct, but nothing else about it made me happy.
  • The_King_of_Nothing - July 9, 2012 5:30 p.m.

Oops, it supposed to start, "It wasn't the greatest..."
  • Canvas_Of_Flesh - July 9, 2012 5:23 p.m.

Unfortunately, with it being Ubisoft you'll have to enter your online pass before you can watch the movie and that climax of the film will only be released after you pay an additional 10 dollars. Thanks, but no thanks. Fassbender is amazing, but not even great actors can save some films. Also, in regards to another point, the story is pretty good...for a game. I don't see it making a very good transition to the big screen.
  • BladedFalcon - July 9, 2012 5:40 p.m.

It hasn't even been announced who's directing, much less hasn't come out, and you're already condemning it beforehand? smart.