We Recommend

• xFlash_Point - December 20, 2012 4:04 p.m.

I understood pretty well when I was playing it.. but it was while the next one was out, I'd have trouble remembering what exactly happened in the last ones. Especially the first one, so this helps. I was still mind blown over Lucy being a spy.. but she was always kinda giving that vibe. And it was at the end, when Juno said flat out, 'one of you is a spy,' or something like that.. and when Desmond killed her, it made sense.. but I wasn't really ever clear on it. 'So .. she was the spy then?' I just thought it was so ironic that I started AC3 yesterday.. and when it said 'December 21, 2012,' apocalypse stuff, I almost couldn't control my laughter. Irony~! I came here searching for 'Why does Juno keep randomly showing up in AC3?' Lol.
  • FierceVoltage - November 3, 2012 9:17 p.m.

Wait what happened to Subject 16? I thought he did kill himself?
  • CitizenWolfie - October 29, 2012 10:43 a.m.

Thanks for writing this article. As a couple of others have pointed out, the story has gotten so convoluted and mixed up that I was having trouble following it by the time I finished Revelations. I'd missed out on AC1 and totally forgotten what became of Desmond at the end of ACR so it was good to have it all there in order. I've got high hopes for AC3. Especially wishing they will bring back the Animus glitches from AC2 and Brotherhood. Really missed those in Revelations as I hated those FPS style sections.
  • archnite - November 5, 2012 7:55 p.m.

I skipped Revelations entirely so this helped a lot, and I wouldn't way its all that convoluted, they've yet to revealate the La Li Lu Le Lo.
  • Darkhawk - October 26, 2012 10:10 p.m.

A millenIUM. Singular. Jeeze.
  • Craza - October 26, 2012 12:04 p.m.

You know, playing through the series, I barely comprehended what the hell was going on. But now reading it, it is actually a pretty awesome story. I especially love the Adam and Eve part and the Apple of Eden. It's a great take on a biblical/religious classic and everything fits so well together when I can see it presented like this. It's just a shame I couldn't wrap my head around it while playing through it.
  • winner2 - October 26, 2012 8:53 a.m.

I would never have guessed about Lucy until Desmond killed her. I wish Desmond would have known so he could kill her with a vengeance.
  • rayoisyou1 - October 25, 2012 10:04 p.m.

I gotta say, after Assassins Creed 2, I did so much research that I was able to see most of what came in Revelations. This story is actually so precise, you can go into real history and end up predicting the events or at least the real world references. This game is so much more than a story of fiction and a game. It's an essay on how every human should live!
  • Pwnz0r3d - October 25, 2012 8:07 p.m.

Holy Shit, I had no idea Lucy was a Templar agent. I mean, I always had an idea, but yeah, I never got the DLC. But then how come her funeral is described in a somewhat sad (even if it was fleeting) tone in Revelations?
  • KniL - October 25, 2012 8:17 p.m.

Subject 16 in Brotherhood "The Truth" says "She's not who you think she is ..."
  • Sinsational - October 25, 2012 4:25 p.m.

Thanks for making this article. I had always thought Daniel Cross was an Assassin, I'm glad that was cleared up. And I figured the Lucy being a spy thing after Desmond killed her. It was the simplest answer.
  • ertywerty - October 25, 2012 4:11 p.m.

Lol this would be so hard to explain if someone didn't know the story... I can see someone starting at revelations and being like wtf who is this old guy Ezio this game sucks.
  • BladedFalcon - October 25, 2012 3:31 p.m.

...Holy shit the story really became far more complex and convoluted after the events of ACII. That's the last game i had played, I only knew pretty much like a quarter of what's mentioned here... Which is all the more reason I'm thankful this article was made. I was planning to jump into ACIII without bothering to read much more than the synopsis of AC:B and AC:R. But now I realize that if I've done just that, I would have been very confused still... Here's hoping ACIII does provide a major sense of finality, or at the very least closure from the main events in the trilogy. Either way though, I'm probably signing off from getting invested into the franchise after I play it. It's a cool series, but it's getting way too convoluted and relying to much in DLC and tertiary products for me to want to give a shit.
  • ertywerty - October 25, 2012 4:16 p.m.

Ya same I hope they finish with Desmond's story for good and branch off into other things because it is such a big universe jumping time periods alot. However i won't be surprised if they have another cliffhanger at the end... Every assassins creed has had one so far.
  • KniL - October 25, 2012 8:25 p.m.

You need to play the other games to understand everything :P You can't play ACIII without finishing Brotherhood and Revelations D: WTF, both ACII's secuels have the most important history of the saga
  • BladedFalcon - October 25, 2012 10:10 p.m.

"You can't play ACIII without finishing Brotherhood and Revelations D:" Yes I can, and I will, just watch me :P Also, to be honest, from what I've seen and read, including in this article. It doesn't really seem that the most juicy or shocking details of the universe are told in the main story of those two games. Lucy's revelation of being a spy is apparently revealed only trough DLC, and the whole thing about Daniel Cross isn't in the games either. The actual story of brotherhood and Revelations feels rather straightforward and not really that hard to catch up on watching it trough vids.
  • KniL - October 26, 2012 2:40 p.m.

Then, you're just stupid.
  • BladedFalcon - October 26, 2012 3:02 p.m.

*laughs* Such a coherent, intelligent response! I feel so insulted! *Le Gasp!* Yeah, I'm so stupid that I'm gonna end up enjoying the same game as you, only I didn't have to waste extra 120 bucks on two pointless sequels, what an idiot I am. *rolls eyes*