Topics

Old-school

• Ulukai - April 20, 2011 5:16 p.m.

Sweet! Alice seems to have problems running on my system, doesn't like new hardware i guess. Would be nice to finally play it without any annoying framerate drops!
  • therawski - April 20, 2011 5:13 p.m.

One makes you larger.
  • Crypto140 - April 20, 2011 2:43 p.m.

Wow I literaly wrote a comment on this site saying wouldn't it be cool if they made the original Alice avilible on the consoles as a pre-order bonus. And then they did.
  • Kage_No_Shi - April 20, 2011 1:53 p.m.

Nice for console users...But what about us PC gamers who don't want to pay $50+ for a used copy of the first game? Never got the first game (back then I was using a really crappy computer anyway). Will they re-release the first game?
  • md1292 - April 20, 2011 11:11 a.m.

I was hoping they would do something like this (either a download code or a separate disc). Now I can play the first and fully understand the second game.
  • jackthemenace - April 20, 2011 10:13 a.m.

Ah, SWEET! I'd never even heard of the original until about 2 weeks ago, but if it's anywhere near as good as the new one looks, it should be pretty damned awesome.
  • ThePigHostage - April 20, 2011 9:09 a.m.

Sweet! I'm really looking forward to this game. I only played a little of the original - I always wanted the chance to play it on a console.
  • Shadowsedge117 - April 20, 2011 6:52 a.m.

Hell yes! I've heard so much about the first Alice, but I've never had the chance to play it (I'm more of a console gamer). This will finally give me the chance to play this dark and twisted tale of Alice.
  • veiidriikwaa - April 20, 2011 4:44 a.m.

Not to jinx a good thing but I would buy the original on XBLA before the new one so I could be done before it came out.
  • powerpc127 - April 20, 2011 3:30 a.m.

Some developers could learn from this (assuming the DL code is free). I'm still pissed that the Prince of Persia Collection removed the original DOS version as an unlockable now that they sell PoP Classic...
  • Baron164 - April 20, 2011 3:09 a.m.

I will totally be getting this, can't wait.
  • Porcupeth - April 20, 2011 2:37 a.m.

@PistonFistin: haha thanks! I can't believe someone recognized the bands.
  • PlainLikeVanilla - April 20, 2011 2 a.m.

That's actually pretty cool. It'll give me an excuse to play through it again.
  • Sy87 - April 20, 2011 1:03 a.m.

OMG! yes that mean I get to play the original on a bigger screen though I am kinda worried. Save states did help alot, but I will still be happy with this. Can't wait for some devilish fun.
  • angelusdlion - April 20, 2011 12:36 a.m.

Because Oldmanmurry is omnipresent and knows exactly what you do and don't like Rattiehead. Oh and this is a great alternative to crippling multiplayer to get people to buy games new.
  • Rattlehead - April 20, 2011 12:03 a.m.

Oldmanmurry said it was pretty crappy, so I really don't care
  • PistonFistin - April 19, 2011 11:50 p.m.

Hey Porcupeth, nice username! Love those bands. OT, I think this is an excellent move.
  • RebornKusabi - April 19, 2011 11:33 p.m.

The first "was" being ported to consoles, specifically the PS2. Apparently it got quite far into porting development and then something happened (memory fails me right now, tornado sirens going off) and the port was canceled. Having recently played the PC version, porting the game is actually far easier, and makes more sense, than most console ports because the game plays like a console game anyways... lots of platforming. It kind of reminded me of ShadowMan, but not as grim and relentlessly dark.
  • kingsmikefan - April 19, 2011 11:32 p.m.

Nice, nice, nice.
  • WillisTron - April 19, 2011 11:09 p.m.

Nice! Always wanted to play the original but alas I have no gaming pc :(